What is your most embarassing defeat in your Viper?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An ALMS Prepped Viper beating me in a 20 minute sprint race.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got to line up next to another Viper (it was a black Gen I also, but with skunk stripes) in a perfect spot to run. I got the jump, but he was right on me. I go for second, and miss it. He pulls away laughing. 3 minutes later, I'm making a left turn and downshift to second. Shifter comes apart. Stuck in neutral. Had to pull the tunnel and get the shifter in second so I could drive the rest of the way home.
2 embarrassing moments within a couple minutes of each other!

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wasn't SunRaKat shut down by an SRT4 at Edgewater in Cincy?
I know Kenny has improved a lot since then though.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT-4's are mini-vipers. If I don't strike it rich, hopefully I can snag one of those.

not a bad idea.

Those are great little cars and with a couple bucks in mods they can be pretty quick.

But if you cant swing a viper you should atleast stay in the mustle/sports car range camaro?? mustang?? vette maybe the SRT4 is nice but it kinda falls into the rice section even tho dodge its not.

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT-4's are mini-vipers. If I don't strike it rich, hopefully I can snag one of those.

And they carry one of the highest insurance rates in the country. All the damn kids buying them and crashing/totalling the cars. I've heard of rates of around 7 grand a year.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And they carry one of the highest insurance rates in the country. All the damn kids buying them and crashing/totalling the cars. I've heard of rates of around 7 grand a year.

holy shyt.

I WAS going to get one as a daily driver (besides my mustang) im not now.

Thanks Paul.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

holy shyt.

I WAS going to get one as a daily driver (besides my mustang) im not now.

Thanks Paul.

You may want to call and verify that one. Considering the Viper holds the title for highest insurant cost, I seriously doubt it's anywhere near that. Can anyone validate this claim?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was the first run on my first time drag racing the Viper. I ran against a Mercedes S600 sedan (V12TT).
I spun badly in first, hit the rev limiter in 2nd, and missed 3rd, netting a 13.0 @110MPH.
WAY behind the Benz. :eek:

And of course he had videotaped it. And posted it on his website. But I was not the only victim that night.
He also owns a couple Vipers so it wasn't that bad, but it still ranks as my most embarassing run so far. :eek:

We are set for a rematch sometime later this year after it warms up. :2tu:

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm. Has to be the losses from the C6 Z06 that I have taken on the chin. And it does not even exist yet!

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If this is the case, why aren't Honda Civics up in Insurance? All I ever hear about is crashes in Hondas. Blegh, Nova Scotia must be different.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Highly modified,WRX, with a pro driver hanging in there, at the street races, I won, but not by much.

New Mustang Cobra, with drag radials, and God only knows what else, I'm running oem runflats at the time. Needless to say, I lost twice, again at the street races in front of several hundred people.

My brothers 69 Nova, with a 406 SB, DOT's, bad loss.

and last but not least, I refuse to ever run another modified, heads and cam LS1 car with an auto trans and DOT's. No contest there. Those cars can be scary fast.

Theres more, but I'm to embarassed to talk about em, still healing.

Skip

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once stalled out in the burout box at the drag strip. I won the race, but I was forever known as the guy with the 800+hp viper that couldn't do a burnout.

JD

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one has lost to any Hondas yet, that's all that matters.

well except for the fake hondahookup.com videos and are SET UP to beat a viper only because the viper has set the bar high up there, they figure if they can take a viper their car is awesome and they are 100% right if you can make a ricer REALLY beat a snake I give alot of credit but its not too common however not unheard of.

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well except for the fake hondahookup.com videos and are SET UP to beat a viper only because the viper has set the bar high up there, they figure if they can take a viper their car is awesome and they are 100% right if you can make a ricer REALLY beat a snake I give alot of credit but its not too common however not unheard of.

Some of those videos where we see the Viper losing... I just can tell the Viper isn't going full out!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some of those videos where we see the Viper losing... I just can tell the Viper isn't going full out!

NO WAY is the viper going b@llz to the wall but can you imagine how that makes those POS hondas look??

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Most embarrassing defeat for me was when I got ripped on my first oil change by a dealer. I felt owned after I left and from there on...no more service centers for me.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 7 year old girl that would not take candy and a ride from me.The previous sentence is just plain wrong and so is street(so called) racing.Racing takes place on RACE TRACKS period.Anything else is criminal.I'm not against going for a fast drive with capable drivers and cars.However real race car drivers take it to the track. GTS Bruce

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made it to the track only 15 minutes before it was closing. It was abnormally packed with people--not the friendly type--a bunch of trouble makers showed up from Chicago with some bets/races to throw down.
When I pulled up, all eyes, cameras, ran to the stands to watch me run.
They heard the blown Viper just pulled in! And it sounded mean! :headbang: :p

I get a short burnout to clean the wheels and my GTS dies! Yep, right after the burnout, my GTS is done for the night. lol
Fuel Pump went out!!
You should have heard the crowd, some laughing, some upset, and a few screaming "you should have bought a chevy", etc . It was pretty funny!
Only thing not funny about it was getting home. And not getting hurt as there were fights going on in the crowd, and it was getting ugly.
Made it home safely. And Mr. Heffner had another Fuel Pump overnighted to me! :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth