What is your most embarassing defeat in your Viper?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 7 year old girl that would not take candy and a ride from me.The previous sentence is just plain wrong and so is street(so called) racing.Racing takes place on RACE TRACKS period.Anything else is criminal.I'm not against going for a fast drive with capable drivers and cars.However real race car drivers take it to the track. GTS Bruce

Gee, got a burr up your butt? The title said nothing about street racing.

That said any Viper owner who says they have never pushed their car on the street in the vicinity of a challenger is either the owner of a garage queen, a liar or dead from the neck up.

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 7 year old girl that would not take candy and a ride from me.The previous sentence is just plain wrong and so is street(so called) racing.Racing takes place on RACE TRACKS period.Anything else is criminal.I'm not against going for a fast drive with capable drivers and cars.However real race car drivers take it to the track. GTS Bruce

Gee, got a burr up your butt? The title said nothing about street racing.

That said any Viper owner who says they have never pushed their car on the street in the vicinity of a challenger is either the owner of a garage queen, a liar or dead from the neck up.

Well put :laugh:

I was wondering what he was raving about?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I agree 100%.Street racers are definately brain dead momma's boys. GTS Bruce

I woulden't go THAT far, I race on the street sometimes but would not consider myself a "street racer" but when you got someone at a light reving at you its hard to resist.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone at a light reving at you:1)Rev back and let them burn out like an [******] while you granny drive.2)Laugh and point.3)Laugh and point.4)laugh,point and tell them not even your wife or GF would be interested.4)Tell them to meet you at the strip naming track,time and date. GTS Bruce

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So GTS Bruce I assume you have never knowingly broken any traffic law. If you have you are living in a glass house and throwing stones.

If that is what you preach I wonder why you have a Viper. All show and no go? I would be completely frustrated if I followed every rule of the road (or life for that matter).

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSBruce, buddy, I/we appreciate your safety precautions, but there's a difference between having fun on the streets and racing on the streets. If there's a stretch of open road, and you're driving a Viper, you're insane if you don't do something. If a Civic with spinners, neon lights, dumb paint job, and a backwards hat starts mouthing off to you. Then you laugh,

But aren't we getting off topic ehh?

Kaiyin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haven't run a viper yet, but who knows what will happen.

My friends Civic beat a GTS on the highway. Probably by not more than a car length or two.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of civics that can beat a stock Viper, but how well do they stop and go around corners? Which car would you rather take on a first date? How many people stop dead in their tracks and drop their jaws at the sight of a civic? So your friend has a Nagasaki nut-bucket that can beat a Viper, this time next year the Viper will still be running and able to drive cross country with the a/c blowing while getting 25mpg. The honda will be in the same spot from when it was towed home because the 18 year old that drives it doesn't make enough to fix it, and now has to walk to work because he sunk all his money into his only source of transportation. I guess I'm just getting old because I just shake my head in disbelief when I see an $800.00 car with $3K in rims and tires (that don't fit and make it look like it's 4 wheel drive) and it still has the doughnut sized stock drum brakes. I'm not even going to start with the huge wing mounted to the trunk of a front wheel drive car. A few of them are pretty fast, but for the money they have spent to beat a Viper, they could have bought a Viper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth