What size Thrush Glass pack to buy? For 94 Rt/10

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a point. Loudness depends on who builds it, but the cat-back assembly that I have (That's straight pipe plus a free flow resonator, not just a straight pipe) is not too loud at all. Except for a meaner sounding growl at startup, it wasn't very loud at all. Then once you step on it, it really starts to growl but it still isn't really much louder than stock, just meaner. I guess to really appreciate it, you have to hear it.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses,
Note that he has a 94 RT - it only has cats and mufflers in the sidesills, and sidepipes. You got rid of the rear mufflers on your car, but you still have a pair in the sidesills (I assume). Many people like the sound of the sidepipe RT w/ no muffler, but it was a bit loud for me.
I used 2.5 x 19 glasspacks (I believe - it's been 3+ years) on my 94 RT (w/ K&N plus smoothies), and I still like the sound of it.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AHH! Thanks for pointing that out, Mark. Is Ken H.'s RT set up the same way? Or is his straight thru? When he drove it into work, I could hear him coming before I saw him. It was loud and mean but it sure drew a few ooohs and aaaahs from the crowd I was sitting with at lunch.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. That's the setup Ken has. I think it sounds great, but it's a bit loud if you are "cruisin w/ the wife" or listening to music (I know, I know "the V10 is the only music you need!"). Not me. I need some Metallica, Methods of Mayhem, etc., to go along with the sweet sound of the car.
You must be registered for see images

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup! I know what you mean! Gotta have that Metallica. Hey! When are you coming down again? We still have to go out for beers.

Jeremy,

Based on what Mark says, glasspacks are the way to go. The question now is, "what ID to go with". If you want to keep the gasses flowing at the same velocity through the rear exhaust assembly, then go with OE size. I'm guessing that would be 2.5".

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses,
I am WAY overdue for a trip to San Diego. Ken is super busy at work, but I may come down and bug him in January anyway. I still owe you a cold one, and will gladly pay up given the chance!

OP
OP
J

jeremypittman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great replys. I'm taking a few days off work this week and I am planing on going over to the local muffler shop... I'll try to let all of you know how it turns out.

94 Rt/10
Red Trimmed in Yellow
Not to conspicuous (yeah right)
Jeremy Pittman

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4