What time will Barrett-Jackson be auctioning the GTS-R?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to either watch it live or record it so I can watch it later.

What are peoples guesses? Think it will break $200,000.00? I would not be surprised.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ETA is 3:00 Pacific time, but auctions rarely run right on schedule.

I do not think it is a GTS-R, but the first production Viper to be made available. This will be perhaps the only Viper available for purchase, offered 6 Months ahead of the general public.

The SoCal club has over 40 Vipers scheduled to attend. Expect postings soon after the auction closes, with some revealing pictures.

Since this is a charity auction, there is no knowing the hammer price, but I understand SRT is offering up additional goodies to sweeten the ***.

Expect some whooping and hollerin' from the Viper Nation if the price gets up there.

We also wish to thank The SoCal VCA and SRT in advance for inviting us to the event.

nitro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice if the winning bidder would send it to the Top Gear for testing.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
. This will be perhaps the only Viper available for purchase, offered 6 Months ahead of the general public.

How many 2013 Vipers rolled off the assy line so far? Just last Saturday,talked to a local Chrysler dealer who was telling me he's getting one in a few weeks, NOT MONTHS!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it has been said that the car will be available for official orders in September for a late 4th qtr delivery. If that is the case, we won't know pricing until late August at best, and we won't see one in dealership show rooms at least until November/December.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many 2013 Vipers rolled off the assy line so far? Just last Saturday,talked to a local Chrysler dealer who was telling me he's getting one in a few weeks, NOT MONTHS!
yes he is getting one in a few weeks........................ a picture of one

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

he aint gettin **** in a few weeks

I think it has been said that the car will be available for official orders in September for a late 4th qtr delivery. If that is the case, we won't know pricing until late August at best, and we won't see one in dealership show rooms at least until November/December.

yes he is getting one in a few weeks........................ a picture of one

What they said. :)

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the first salable all new 2013 SRT Viper. Its V10 delivers 640hp and boasts the best power-to-weight ratio to date. All proceeds to benefit the Austin Hatcher Foundation. Will be sold at approximately 3:00pm Saturday, June 23, 2012.

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's the mileage on the car gonna be???

Is it one of the Proto's that's been driving around or an actual assembly line one?

This car is gonna get bought, and packed away for many years. If $400K+, it better have a mileage of 0/1 ....

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok here's the deal with a charity, first-off the assembly line auction...

Normally what they do is they run a concept/prototype on the stage. No you won't get that car, usually what ends up happening is the bidder is bidding on VIN #00001 of that production and they are given a list of options that will be featured on that car when it is built. Then as the auction carries on they throw in extra goodies as it continues.

That's how they do it.

--RS

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There will be a large showing from the CA club to show support for SRT. I think over 40 cars are going.

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's my point of view. What if Jay Leno wants it? You think he will be outbid even by a multi millionaire?

:nono:

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I could see Leno putting down BIG pucks just to have the 000001 car. It wouldn't be the first time. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte