What Tires Are Best With New Wheels

04 SRT10 Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I'd like some Opinions on tire sizes for my new HRE 540r's on my 2004 SRT. I want to go with P zeros. I have 20" in rear and 19" in front. I appreciate any info you guys with more expertise can give. Thanks .

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another good posting area for this question is the new "tire" forum.

OP
OP

04 SRT10 Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cris thanks for the advice and I did post but like here nobody has answered back. Maybe that's because I'm a newbie here but I hope the type of congeniality I've noticed at viper events will come through here too. I the topic has been covered before but I'm still unclear as to what's the best route to take.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pirelli makes a great tire. You might also want to look into the Michelin Ps2 in 335/20. I heard they hook up the best between the two.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
atro, he stated he purchased 20 inch wheels for the back. When going with 20's..you obviously cannot go with stock sizes, which is why i recommended pirelli and michelin for options..

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested in HRE wheels. My question is what size and part number for front and rear? Diamaiter and width? Also what size tires for front and rear? Will this change the look of the car when sitting still and what will it do to the handlin? What about alignment, do you use the factory settings?

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 540R s and I went with Pzero Rossos. They make the runflats seem like you were always driving in the wet. The increase in grip and control is amazing.

I tried to go with Pilot Sport 2s but I think they said they didnt make them in the size of wheel I had (19x11.5 front, 20x13 back). Im not sure if they have the sizes now but I've heard great things about the PS2s.

Atro Racing - For sizes and part number call HRE, they have done a bunch of wheels for vipers and they can help you with whatever sizes and look you want.

OP
OP

04 SRT10 Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALLBLACK AND SRTRICKY thanks for the reply but can you tell me exactly what size those tires are that you have. Thanks for your help.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am interested in HRE wheels. My question is what size and part number for front and rear? Diamaiter and width? Also what size tires for front and rear? Will this change the look of the car when sitting still and what will it do to the handlin? What about alignment, do you use the factory settings?

For someone who is a self styled racing guru, you sure do ask some silly questions that someone with your experience should know the answer to. :rolleyes:

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you pick up the latest car and driver magazine they have an excellent article comparing 11 tires. The comparison is based on dry performance, wet performance, price and finally tread wear.

The result were as follows from 1st to last :

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
Continental Contisportcontact 2
Yokohama Advan Neova AD07
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
Hankook Ventus r-s2 z212
Dunlop sp sport maxx
Pirelli P-Zero
Toyo Proxes
Bridgestone Potenza
BF Goodrich g-force
Kumho Ecsta MX

Hope this helps.
Patrick

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patrick, Wormdoggy, Thank you for that imformation.
As for you, Kenny, You say"For someone who is a self styled racing guru, you sure do ask some silly questions that someone with your experience should know the answer to" That is the mopst stupid comment I have heard on this forum. If you knew that that is a world of difference between a race tire used on the race track and a high performance street tire used on our Vipers on the street, then you would never have made that comment. Maybe you are one of the true believers that think you can go to your dealership and buy a NASCAR NEXTEL CUP Dodge Charger that is raced as a 2 door today on the track and on the street is a 4 door.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Patrick, Wormdoggy, Thank you for that imformation.
As for you, Kenny, You say"For someone who is a self styled racing guru, you sure do ask some silly questions that someone with your experience should know the answer to" That is the mopst stupid comment I have heard on this forum. If you knew that that is a world of difference between a race tire used on the race track and a high performance street tire used on our Vipers on the street, then you would never have made that comment. Maybe you are one of the true believers that think you can go to your dealership and buy a NASCAR NEXTEL CUP Dodge Charger that is raced as a 2 door today on the track and on the street is a 4 door.

When I look at the comments you have made on this board in their totality, it makes me think your statements of your great knowledge and background are, at least in part, false. Additionally, the products that you offer have been shown to be overpriced knock-offs. I just basically don't think you have any credibility.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you pick up the latest car and driver magazine they have an excellent article comparing 11 tires. The comparison is based on dry performance, wet performance, price and finally tread wear.

The result were as follows from 1st to last :

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
Continental Contisportcontact 2
Yokohama Advan Neova AD07
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
Hankook Ventus r-s2 z212
Dunlop sp sport maxx
Pirelli P-Zero
Toyo Proxes
Bridgestone Potenza
BF Goodrich g-force
Kumho Ecsta MX

Hope this helps.
Patrick

Just a little insider info - the Michelin PS2 in a 20" rear is standard equipment on the Carrera GT and actually has a softer (sticker) compound that the others.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting comments from someone with no profile and no picture whatsoever Kenny. Do tou even own a viper? Do yourself a favour and do not reply as I will ignore you from here on in. I have had many happy customers that have bought from me in these formans and they are repeat customers to boot. I have to assume that they believe in my credibility. If you would take the time to check the records of Stafford,Waterford, Riverside, Thompson, and Loudon Speedways you will find that Lovetere Racing posted over a hundred wins.Then check with ESPN and ask them about our team when we raced Superspeedway Sportsman cars at Lowes Motor Speedway, I have the film from ESPN to proove it. After we quite racing I opened AtRo Racing Products which has been in business for over 10 years. Enough said, have a wonderfull day.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The PS2's work very well on the street, are lighter than the stock tires and look good too.