What will I (& wife) get for my $1700 at VOI 9?

Final GTS 286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know about the VOI9 website and I read everthing in it, but I still don't understand why this costs so much?
Can anyone give me any more detailed info on what happens at VOI?
I have never been.
Why does the event costs sooo much? $1700 for wife and I? Wife doesn't even like cars!
How much actual track time is there? or class room instruction?
What EXACTLY are we going to be doing at the track?
How many actual track hours will we get?

I am trying to decide whether I should go to VOI or Viperdays at Reno.

I am more of a trackday kinda guy. So I am leaning towards Viperdays. But if someone can tell me why VOI is so much fun, I may choose VOI.

Reaction score
Hi Dennis,

VOI is a big party for Viper owner. It is not an open track event! But it is a great event! Dodge spends millions of dollars on this event. Your payment for the event is a nominal portion of the total cost.

Why is it expensive? Meals are provided in areas exclusive to VOI attendees, the Las Vegas Speedway is VOI's for 3-4 days. A very large team of Skip Barber instructors fly to LV from all over the US and Canada. These instructors manage the track days which consist of lapping with an instructor in car to help drivers get around the track and to keep the event safe. The track event is for all owners, many of whom have never been on a track. Your wife should be fine as this is a couples event with a ton of social time. Past VOI's have been among my most memorable activities.

For feed back from previous events read the VOI experiences from the past.

Regarding attending VOI's and or Viper Days, the best of all worlds is to do both. I would expect this to be one of the best Viper Days of the year because there will be so owners from all over the World attending both VOI and Viper Days.

These events are NOT for those with empty pockets!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI is a unique experience in automotive venues.

Not a racing event for experienced track rats, but a chance to get on a world class track venue with your Viper, and drive at fast, but not competition speeds.

Where else can you get the opportunity to drive on a NASCAR oval, duck down into the infield road course, and then launch again onto the oval. You will have an experienced, professional instructor to show you the racing line, and evaluate your performance. They spend much more time saying GO! GO! GO! than slowing you down for safety.

Then on to the NHRA 1/4 mile dragstrip for timed runs, competing against other Vipers. Do burnouts, staging, and full throttle runs for timing slips, and bragging rights.

Would expect Dodge to bring out their drifting SRT's. Maybe get a chance for a sideways ride with a professional drifter.

Get the chance to drive the full line of hot SRT products as well as an open Kart track.

World class venue, great hotel, fantastic food, open bars, great entertainment, the chance to interface with the SRT team, and Viper engineers, marketing and builders.

This is much much more than a track experience. The driving experience on the track is not the main focus.

If you wife does not want to drive your Viper on the track, a special program is available for spouses and friends. While you are on the track, they will have the opportunity to drive all the SRT vehicles with professional instruction and a classroom where they will be taught the proper track etiquite as well as the fast way around a solom course. This will give them something to do while you are on the NASCAR track. There will also be tents, food and vendors at the track to keep non drivers entertained.

You will have the opportunity to make some life long fast friends. The drive to and from Vegas is a blast in itself. Checking in, and combing through the unique goodie bag, overflowing with Viper related items gets everyone off to a great start.

A will organized cruise through the desert is a fantastic way to spend the day, lunch is usually provided at a scenic location. Cruising with Viper owners from around the world is a experience not to be missed.

The preevent is at a local brothel for those interested is those type of things, and finishes at a post party at a private residence for those who want to stay over for an extra day.

They event is world class, and the memories are far more than just another day at the track.

Some are going out early for the Silver State, open road challenge, doing VOI and then heading up to Reno for ViperDays. Pick and choose those events you wish to attend.

At VOI will be the worlds largest collection of Viper related vendors. From speed equipment from independent tuners, MOPAR exclusive items, clothing, dress up items for your Viper, jewelery for your sweetie..... Bring your credit card for sure.

While the $1,700 is a chunk of change, it does not begin to cover the millions of dollars that it takes to put on such an event. Dodge heavily subsidizes these facilities, and it is their way to say thanks to the Viper Nation for buying their cars, and keep us up to date on their development plans for future generations of Vipers. Rumors are around that if possible we may see some insights into the future direction of our beloved Vipers.

See you in VEGAS BABY!

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never been to a VOI but I've been to 3 Viperdays. If you are looking for track time, Viperdays is the place for you. I expressed a concern before last VOI about guests paying just as much as "drivers" and the VCA chose not to do anything about it. You can probably do 2 or 3 Viperdays weekends for what you'll spend at VOI. Of course, if you want to talk about Vipers, you can go to VOI.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they ever hold VOI at Chicagoland, sign me up. But all of the VOI's that have been held since I have been a VCA member have been to far for me to drive or at least farther than I want to drive.
VOI 10...............Chicagoland!!!! Please!

Reaction score
The track event is expensive for Dodge. But to make this an al la cart menu would be unmanageable IMHO. And as Paul stated Dodge is paying Millions of dollars over the modest amount paid by participants. I have attended four (4) VOI's and they were all fantastic.

Have precipitated in 8-10 Viper Days and they are the best Open Track experience of any track event have attended (Green Flag, NASA, etc.) From a cost standpoint an open track event is a lot more(tires, brake pads, fluids-oil-brake-clutch) per/day than a VOI event.

These two events are apples and oranges. One is a fantastic opportunity to socialize as well as drive with 600-700 of your closest friends. Three days of little sleep in you follow the scheduled activities.

VOI's rank among the best vacations in my life.

If your pockets are empty forget Viper Days and VOI.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter what, you should plan on hanging out with the Nevada Region on Sunday September 24th in Pahrump, NV.

Will Art Bell be there ??

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if he drives a Viper.
Expect lots of high speed Viper sightings, driven by enhanced humanoids.
Bring your Slim Whitman CD's if you want to be protected from Martians.
Area 51 is just around the corner.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I expressed a concern before last VOI about guests paying just as much as "drivers" and the VCA chose not to do anything about it.
I'm a bit surprised that anyone would expect them to do so...

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was going anyhow, but Paul's description makes me want to go twice!
CANNOT wait

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If for no other reason the expense keeps the riff-raff out. Which explains why I've only been able to make it to one VOI.

I would like to go but the entry fee is the least of my cost worries. Taking a week off work (I'm contract) travel and lodging make it too much.

If I come into some cash between now and then I'll head out there but it's not likely. Donations accepted.

Reaction score
Chuck, hope you fine some extra cash.

You are on target about the entry fee helps keep those who only see the glass half empty. At VOI I have never met the skeptical and negative element of society. Cuz if your pockets are light VOI will have to wait until your boat comes-in.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, hope you fine some extra cash.

I hope so too Fred. Actually my issue is a bit more expensive because I am of the mindset that there is no way I am going to drive all the way out there without doing Viper Days immediately afterwards. That logic doubles the cost.

On a positive note, there are no kids at VOI.

:) remember that thread?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trifecta is Silver State Challenge, VOI, and ViperDays. Like going to Viper Heaven!

It is fantastic that the heavens have aligned themselves so all three can be attended almost back to back.

Pick and choose. Go to the ones you want. Eat peanut butter sandwitches for a month to save up the money.

We ought to have Dodge supply a video feed to be piped to those that cannot go. They could share in the experience vicariously through the lucky attendees. Regional presidents should report back to their members with pictures and observations of just how fantastic this event really is.

Dodge usually has a professional Video crew documenting all the action. Great to see yourself on the big screen.

See everyone in VEGAS BABY!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since my viper is not street legal - can i bring my Ford GT?
I am still a VCA member. Will you all rag on me?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Truly one of the dumbest comments on this forum to date. Why in the hell would you bring something OTHER than a Viper to a all Viper event? I am at a loss for words.............

Reaction score
Truly one of the dumbest comments on this forum to date. Why in the hell would you bring something OTHER than a Viper to a all Viper event? I am at a loss for words.............

LOL! If you knew ANYTHING you would know the old-timer FrankBarba was just yanking your chain.....and you FELL FOR IT hook, line and sinker! What is worse is that YOU actually look to have, in YOUR words, "one of the dumbest comments on this forum to date". You might try loosening your belt, or popping something.....whatever you gotta do to relax a bit will go over well. LOL!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I suppose if my Viper was a Competition Coupe and a FGT was in my garage, I'd trailer the CC to Viper Days and drive the FGT to VOI.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But all of the VOI's that have been held since I have been a VCA member have been to far for me to drive or at least farther than I want to drive.

Thats no excuse! ;) Fly out and have your Viper shipped! Thats what I'm doing. A VOI is a great experience that shouldn't be missed. Who knows if there will be a VOI 10, corporate DC bean counters may decide to shut down future VOIs.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm thinking your Viper is a Comp Coupe, right?

Comp Coupes look street legal ;) Vegas roads are nice and smooth :)

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay

If your wife is not a car nut like mine , I suggest you put your money into Viper Days and /or a Skip Barber instruction offered around the US to teach threshold braking, set, line. with persinal instruction.

The gift trinkets and the second class food (larger group) just isn't worth it.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay,

Buy a tape of a prior VOI from your local chapter and you will see primarily older member in a convention like atmosphere giving the two finger viper sign to the camera and eachother. I think unless you have extra cash to waste that's exactly what you will feel while you are there. It is primarily a party,shopping and sightseeing which doesn't sound like what you are interested in .

Look at the tapes of prior and you be the judge by what YOU SEE.

Reaction score
VOI is a Big party! And the best Party I have attended!

We have missed the last two because our son is in school(2nd grade this year). As long as they are family unfriendly we will pass. But the four we attended were fantastic!

Shopping - great place to see and buy anything(shirts to superchargers) for your Viper.

Best post about VOI is Paul Hawker's, his comments are very informative.

Comments and feeling about VOI, from anyone who has not attended a VOI, has little to no value.

The entry fee limits the event to those with a little extra disposable income. But when you are there and see all the Viper goodies, the cost of entry may be insignificant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte