what wing is on this RT??

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys this car was in Mass for awhile and I've emailed the owner to ask where this wing came from but havent got ahold of him. This is the only wing on an RT that actually looks good.

You must be registered for see images attach

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys this car was in Mass for awhile and I've emailed the owner to ask where this wing came from but havent got ahold of him. This is the only wing on an RT that actually looks good.

I would have to argue with that :rolleyes:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Personal tastes aside, I have no idea what that wing is. It's not Autoform, I know that. Could it just be a generic wing that could go on any car, and not be Viper-specific?

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knows you need 2 wings to fly.:D
(not my car)

1993_rt105.jpg

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, it looks like Autoform and there's one for sale in the classifieds. I think if you're planning on driving your Viper through Waterbury a lot, specifically the north end, then go for it. ;) Whatever makes YOU happy, it's all that matters.

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that wing looks ok but not amazing. The first thing I thought when I bought Jason's old car was that with the top on it is missing a wing. I don't like the smaller autoform ones and think a bigger wing would look better but then if I take the top off, the wing looks out of place.

Am abandoning the idea of a wing for now but will probably try to get someone to mess with photoshop a bit for me first. Wish I still had photoshop...

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the "batwing" Autoform wing looks good on a car with the top on or off, but you're right; the bigger wings look out of place on an RT with the top off. If it's a purpose-built car and it's functional I won't argue with it, but if it's a poser wing then it's not for me. The Mopar wing is actually functional and adds a bit of downforce at speed.

I think that wing looks ok but not amazing. The first thing I thought when I bought Jason's old car was that with the top on it is missing a wing. I don't like the smaller autoform ones and think a bigger wing would look better but then if I take the top off, the wing looks out of place.

Am abandoning the idea of a wing for now but will probably try to get someone to mess with photoshop a bit for me first. Wish I still had photoshop...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out Frog's pics at the bottom of this thread. The Autoform wing is SWEEEEET. If his car wasn't sold so many damn times I was going to try and pull the wing off but never got to it before I sold mine.

anybody running the SSR wheels from the Tire Rack??? - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum

I bought that wing 2 years ago but after test fitting it on the Viper I didn't like it as much as the Mopar-style wing. I sold it last year. I just received the Mopar wing from JonB this morning. I think the whale-tail does a better job of filling out the rear on the RT/10. If I were more of a track rat I'd seriously consider the autoform single wing mentioned by the OP.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like any wing on an RT, however, if I were to add one it would be the factory style that some RT owning members have...Chuck has it on his.

As far as the one in the picture, I recall seeing that when I was searching for the factory wing and, as mentioned above, is probably a generic wing.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those polished or chrome or whatever Gen 1 wheels look good.

I always thought so too. I never liked the stock gray but the first time I saw polished (you know how I feel about chrome :) ) they looked like an entirely different wheel.

BTW RT/10 - no wing. Unless you're tracking.