What would you guys do if this happened to you?

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fast Freddy I was surprised to see you post such an irresponsible statement as to blame the Alley. I frequent both sites and yes the allley can be rough at times but its more entertaining at times. I have met some wonderful people from both sites. The only one who should be held accountable is you for talking like a fool.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Tony. The Alley has its place, and from my perspective has become much more civilized than in the beginning (not to mean that a newbie won't get a beating though). This has NOTHING to do with the Alley or any other internet aspect. It has to do with kids that do not hold others people property as sacred. Why, I dunno. However it shows up in many ways as a lack of respect for others and their property.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, man.. you showed some restraint.... Me? I would have done like any grown man would have done.

I would have sized the guy up first. If I was bigger than him I would have intimitated or scared the living [******] out of him by going berzerk-style mucho kung-foo style on his ass. Of course, never touching him.

If he was bigger than me (which rarely happens, it'd take a 6'-6" pro wrestler to get under my skin), I would [politely] have taken one look at him and turned my ass around with a smile [/politely]

Any questions?

Seriously man, I would have followed the little [******] and scared the living [******] out of him. ;)

Gerald

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have gotten the number of his employer and given them a call. He probably would lose his job as his employer would not have been thrilled with what he did. Hit him where it hurts - no pity as he deserves it.

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,
I needed you w/ me. Somebody would have gone down.
If you know Tampa I was heading South on Lake Magdalene Blvd right b/f Fletcher and the A-hole was heading North on Lake Magdalene about 100 yds from the intersection. It was a white Ford pickup w/ a fla tag and a trailer hitch.
He lives on this side of town in a dump. My wife and I drove by tonight in her Highlander to check it out. Iv'e got a few "Cigar" boys from Ybor taking care of the situation so I think he will think twice b/f he "bubbles" a Viper again as my daughter called it. He was just a jealous "nobody" and kick'in his ass was a thought but not worth being arrested over.

The comments on this post are quite different from, "what would one of you guys do if this happened to you", shoot 'em...naw...... but the "CRUTCH"?..... that was good!!

Mike

Reaction score
The bottom line is.....get it all documented with the police. Sure, they will likely do next to nothing, but you can start after him where it hurts....$$$$$

You didn't mention the size of the truck, so I can only assume it was a big dump truck.....you know.....like the kind you NEED a CDL for?!?!?! I am under the impression that CDL's are not doled out like regualr licenses....and the requirements while you have one are quite strict. :) I could be wrong, though.

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriosly guys. i posted earlier and gave my opinion. but now its over , done .its like everything else in life. if you want to blow this thing up and focus your attention and energy on it then you can , but stop and think about it. if you are at the point in your life where you are driving a viper then i assume you are smart enough to know that you reap what you sew. what ever you focus on becomes bigger and bigger, no matter if its good ar bad. so lets take all this negative energy for vengence and turn it on a positive note. you did the right thing by restraining yourself, now let it go, like it never happened and take the energy you would use fighting this kid in court or on the roadside and put it to positive thoughts and ideas. we bring about what we think about, so let it go and dont let it bother you again. (sorry i guess thats the budha/tony robbins coming out in me. LOL

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have any stone chips? any scratches? anywhere on your car?

I think they were caused by the cup hitting your fragile paint.

Talk to the cops, you want him to pay for the chip the cup caused.!

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed a 1-quart rechargable paint can under the bumper of one of my cars and filled it with used oil, when I run into one of the jerks I just pass them and hit a button on the consol and release about 1/2 cup and that always has caused them to pull over. I was gone before they relized what had happened to them. I did have a little of spray on the back of my car which cleaned off easily, but the thought of what happened was worth it. :D

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another stupid ass post by fast Freddie...

Mike, sorry to hear that that happened to you. I hope it all gets worked out. :usa:

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should go to his house and shoot him , then wait for the cops to show up and tell them the Alley made you do it......
(or blame it on FF)
:laugh:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm taking my daughter to school this morning here on a cold day in Tampa about 8:15 Tuesday morning when all of a sudden a truck coming from the opposite direction throws a MacDonald's drink on my car. The drink splatters all over the
windshield blocking my view for a moment until I got the washers on. I did a turn a round and chased the a-hole down only to think, I must be the nutty one.
I have my daughter in the car and I just went 90 mph to catch up w/ this ****
who must be a jealous s.o.b. I regained my composure got his tag number and took
her to school. He could of had a gun, been on drugs, and worst of all she saw all this happen. Why....b/c it's a nice car and he's jealous?

Thanks,
Mike

the reason stuff like this happens to vipers is because of websites like the "viper alley" and "smash my viper". these website really tarnish the image of the viper and make viper owners a target

i think these websites should be sued by DC and held legally accountable

Are you really that damned dumb?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the reason stuff like this happens to vipers is because of websites like the "viper alley" and "smash my viper". these website really tarnish the image of the viper and make viper owners a target

I've been to the alley and really just don't care for it, but I see it for what it is: guys go there to blow off steam and act the 13 yr olds that's inside all of us. It is harmless and by no means a solid representation of all Viper owners. The public, by far, don't even know of it's existance.

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu:
Update: Just to clear some things up on this incident and at the same time show that "clearer heads do prevail".
The Sheriff's dept. did a follow up and made a visit to this guy this morning. I made a report along w/ pics and the tag number as well as me and my daughter serving as witness. I guess they considered this a big deal, throwing something out of a car at another car. (it cleaned off)
I did not file any charges, but the creep was really scared so if anything like this happens to any of you (like me) do a follow up an avoid any personal conflict, I know it really makes you mad but it just ain't worth it....call the police.
Thanks for all the support, e-mails and ideas....

Mike

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In answer to a few posts:
The wife called to file a report that someone had thrown an object from their car at mine w/ my daughter in the car. The sheriff had my pictures and the cup that I went back and got plus me and my daughter as a witness along with the truck and tag number. He looked up the name (I already knew) and address and said they would pay a visit. I got a call about noon today that the guy admitted doing it and asked if me if I wanted to press charges. After venting to my friends and the VCA forum and since no damage was done I let it go. I wanted it over with...done. They (sheriff) said he was really scared about what could happen to him for doing such a stupid thing.
My wife was really mad that it had happened with my daughter in the car so I guess that's why they responded. If no kid was in the car I'm not sure they would have come out if I had called?
So as many of you have stated, "stay calm, get the info and call 911". Don't get in a fight b/c that's their level....they are jealous b/c you have a Snake and they never will.

Mike

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm taking my daughter to school this morning here on a cold day in Tampa about 8:15 Tuesday morning when all of a sudden a truck coming from the opposite direction throws a MacDonald's drink on my car. The drink splatters all over the
windshield blocking my view for a moment until I got the washers on. I did a turn a round and chased the a-hole down only to think, I must be the nutty one.
I have my daughter in the car and I just went 90 mph to catch up w/ this ****
who must be a jealous s.o.b. I regained my composure got his tag number and took
her to school. He could of had a gun, been on drugs, and worst of all she saw all this happen. Why....b/c it's a nice car and he's jealous?

Thanks,
Mike

The only reason you're blaming "Viper Alley", is because a ******* mullet ***** like you, can't deal with the fact that his ass has been handed to him on a silver platter by many of it's members!!

06 Maybach 57
06 Mercedes SLR
05 Mercedes CL65
05 Murcielago
05 Carrera GT

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a big boy so I would track him down and beat his ass. For the smaller Viper owners it's probably not recommended to chase someone down even though you want to and the act that was just committed was sick.

Tico

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you're a big boy, a karate expert, a golden gloves champion or a mercenary. In Florida you can blow a guy's brains out if you feel that your life is in danger or if you feel threatened.

Mike did the right thing. However, I would have pressed charges (had it been me with my nine-year-old). Thank God nothing happened - but having your vision impaired due to having Coca Cola all over your windshield could easily have caused an accident. Just to make sure that anal cavity didn't do it again to someone else I would have pressed charges.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have definately pressed charges. Obviously not for finacial reason but just to screw with him. Make him take off work to show up at court etc etc.....
You never know who your going to walk up on and that can be very ugly. The last a$$ that was following me to close (i was in my 1 ton work van) ended up eating my Trailer hitch after i two footed the brake pedal. I got out so mad and was going to smack him and noticed he was old and drunk so I said thats what you get a$$hole and pulled away and laughed. I'm sure he woke up the next day and ordered a hood/front fasia/2 fenders and a radiator. I had a few scratches on my underside of the bumper. The draw bar and hitch took the impact. I have other storys but i could go on and on but after a day goes by your anger towards the person or persons goes away so if you don't do anything at the time you probably never will and your probably better off.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wife called to file a report that someone had thrown an object from their car at mine w/ my daughter in the car. The sheriff had my pictures and the cup that I went back and got plus me and my daughter as a witness along with the truck and tag number. He looked up the name (I already knew) and address and said they would pay a visit. I got a call about noon today that the guy admitted doing it and asked if me if I wanted to press charges. After venting to my friends and the VCA forum and since no damage was done I let it go. I wanted it over with...done. They (sheriff) said he was really scared about what could happen to him for doing such a stupid thing.
My wife was really mad that it had happened with my daughter in the car so I guess that's why they responded. If no kid was in the car I'm not sure they would have come out if I had called?
So as many of you have stated, "stay calm, get the info and call 911". Don't get in a fight b/c that's their level....they are jealous b/c you have a Snake and they never will.

Mike

Mike- You, sir, are a gentleman. I would have been tempted to press charges and make an example out of him. Then I would have sued his @$$ in court for every little scratch on the Viper and punitive damages for scaring my daughter. He would be skinned alive in court with your daughter near tears telling the judge how scary it was.

But I suppose you did the right thing. After all, living well is the best revenge. :2tu:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, please take it to Judge Judy....I'd watch!

Go to JudgeJudy.com and type in your story. The producers are very good about calling back and listening to your story. I got two calls, but I was turned down because no family members were involved in my cases.

You can claim time off work, paint damage (the drink removed your wax) and pain and suffering.

It would be funny stuff.

Reaction score

Mike

Did you get the impression from the Sherrif that the guy had done it on purpose? I am pretty sure he did...but did HE come across like that? Just curious how it played out between dickheaad and the cop.

I had an incident with my Viper while my son was in the car. Cops, report, charges....don't mess with me and my kid. You all know....people drive like buttheads around us ALL DAY LONG. I couldn't care less.....unless my kid or wife is with me.

You could have simply filed charges and he likely would have lost his CDL....then his job.....and maybe learned something he should have learned in his teens. You play....you pay.

Glad it seemed to play out somewhat OK, everyone is fine, and the car isn't damaged.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard about this on the "other site", as I don't come over here much anymore. Anyways, I have had similar "incidents" with my Viper, but not as bad as you had. I came out of a club once and someone had spit a big *** of chewing tobacco on the rear bumper of my Viper. Another time coming out of a club someone had spit on my hood. Another time someone folded my entire drivers side mirror to the side. Those are about the only physical things that have been done to it, except when a bride to be in a bachelorette group hung her garter on my drivers side mirror. But I forgive that sort of action. As for incidents that have happened while I was actually driving or in my Viper, I have had 2 cases where a car sped alongide me and veered over hard pretending like they were going to side swipe me. Also had 2 cases where a car was coming the other direction towards me and veered over into my lane pretending like they were going to hit me head on. Finally, I had a car repeatedly go way off on the shoulder to kick gravel up at me. I did not know ANY of these people and had of course had never done anything to them to provoke this sort of action.

After owning a Viper for 7 years now I guess that isn't too many incidents. But, I guess it's because a Viper is so flashy of a sports car. Plus people look at it as you are successful since you have one and they are driving around in some run of the mill car. The funny thing is there are many luxury cars these days that cost more than a Viper and even some new sport utility vehicles that cost more than my used '96 GTS. But, you never see people messing with them.