What's the latest we could find out Coupe HP Ratings?

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s the latest we could find out Coupe HP Ratings?

Even though there is like 6" of snow outside, I'm really getting the itch. I really want the Coupe that's coming out in the fall, but if it's only going to have 500hp, I'd just assume get a Copperhead Viper. Then if they do increase the HP of the Viper in 07, I can trade up.

At any rate, what is the latest we will find out the HP numbers of the coupe?

Also, is it fair to speculate they might have limited edition runs of the coupe?

Thanks,
Jason

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s the latest we could find out Coupe HP Ratings?

Jason:

a. 500 HP
b. The Blue/White is a limited edition color combination.

I think that by Spring `06, we should see other coupe colors and likely something spiffy like a Pink Mamba or perhaps a Purple Cottonmouth

OP
OP
W

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was under the impression that the Blue/White was going to be the only color for 06? Is there going to be a limited run of Coupes for 06? What I was really getting at in the original question, was wanting to know if they would have a VCA Edition of the Coupe?

Also, what about weight.. I was a little shocked to find out the coupe weighed more then the current SRT. Any chances they do anything to drop some weight?

It's such a hard decision for me.. I have always wanted a Blue/White GTS Viper, and am really excited about the upcoming coupe... But at the same token, I saw the 'Copperhead' concept car about 5 years ago and that color is AWESOME and will look awesome on the Viper(pending they are identical).

Jason

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jason:

I suspect that all data are available.

If you want a blue/white coupe with 500HP, the 2006 early model will meet that need. The color is listed on the window at the show as being Limited color.

The Copperhead is a nice orange convertible with the coupe wheels.

Either one would be very cool.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"is it fair to speculate they might have limited edition runs of the coupe?"

I wonder if they will make a special, yellow, VCA limited edition?
They could charge extra for it and they would never ever make any more like it.

Honest.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HP will go up after the initial run of Coupes. Then it will take more to sell them, so up the POWER will go UP.
JMO!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Casey is right on this one.

You not only get to drive a viper that looks like a Chevy, now you get to feel like a Chevy owner when they raise the HP a quarter they year after you buy.

HP will go up after the initial run of Coupes. Then it will take more to sell them, so up the POWER will go UP.
JMO!

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You not only get to drive a viper that looks like a Chevy, now you get to feel like a Chevy owner when they raise the HP a quarter they year after you buy.

JMO!

Maybe a factory supercharged option...
That would be 700hp+ nice for sure. :)

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No jokes now, I'm being serious when I say I keep hearing about sometime in the future being smaller Cubes and force feeding it!

JMO!

Maybe a factory supercharged option...
That would be 700hp+ nice for sure. :)

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Blah Blah Blah, looks like a chevy. Yawwwwn. Raise the horsepower? Yeah kinda like when you bought your FE?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bla Bla Bla.... I bought both and 2003 SRT/10 and 2002 FE. I kept the FE.

The SRT/10 is a nice car (no question about it), but the selection of nice cars is much more today than it ever has. I've always said, if the SRT/10 only had to go up against the cars that the 1992 viper had too, it would be a home run!

In sports terms.... the 1st and 2nd gen vipers were the 1st american sports cars to be on steroids. Now every car manufacture is using.

Blah Blah Blah, looks like a chevy. Yawwwwn. Raise the horsepower? Yeah kinda like when you bought your FE?

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Bla Bla Bla.... I bought both and 2003 SRT/10 and 2002 FE. I kept the FE.

... but why??? :confused:
never mind...