What's the weirdest comment you've heard?

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What\'s the weirdest comment you\'ve heard?

I must say that owning a Viper has produced many comments but I got one that I just am not cut out to reply to.
Spoken by a male teen in front of friends: "Can I have sex with your car?". If it was a young hot female, it would have been a different story. I just froze up for a second and then kept walking (a little quicker).

What's the weirdest comment you've heard?

Santo

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s the weirdest comment you\'ve heard?

Is that a Mustang? (Pizza waitress)

That was 3 years ago, I still have not recovered from it...

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"You must be a drug dealer."

She was cute until I heard that come out of her mouth.
:curse:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Stopped for gas in Blythe CA (AZ border) New Years day 1998 on my way back from Texas: "So, whats the difference between that and the Stealth?". My answer was "Weeeellll... Everything except the mirrors", which seemed to confuse him. (Viper mirrors at that time were shared by the Dodge Stealth/Mitsu 3000GT).

I know of a fellow Viper owner that had a pair of girls pull up next to him at a light and said, "Well, you must be really small, if you had to have *that* as a penis extension". His comment was that it was no real loss, as they looked like a couple. :cool:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

'wow, that's really great he lets you drive it'

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My car was called a "POS import" by an idiot woman at a party I went to one night (she saw a pic of it on my camera phone, I wasnt driving it)

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about the most annoying questions/comments:

1.) How much did it cost? (What normal person goes around asking strangers what there possessions cost?)

2.) How many MPG's does it get?, with a silly smirk on there face. (Well, if I really gave two sh*ts about MPG do you think I'd be driving a Viper? Why don't you ask every large SUV or truck at the pump with one/two passengers, since they are less fuel efficient than the Viper.)

3.) Boy, I bet you pay a fortune for insurance? Same smirk on face. (See #1 above. But no, actually I pay substantially less to insure this car than my wife's econo-box. True.)

4.) My cousins, nephews, fathers, brother has one. "Oh yeah? What color?" It is Orange with blue stripes. (Always some stupid sh*t that was never even produced).

V

vegasviper

Some guy told me that he had a 94 GTS blue with white stripes just like mine

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What motor your has?
- Oh, only a V-10.

He walked away with his buddy telling him "That was the cheap version, the better ones have a V-12"

(at Car show)

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score

While in heavy traffic and stopped a young guy perhaps 16 crosses the two lane highway and is right there at my window. He says can I please touch it? I say OK, so he does. He tells me he always wanted to touch one, and thanked me, and left yelling that his mates would not beleive it when he told them.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1.) How much did it cost? (What normal person goes around asking strangers what there possessions cost?)

2.) How many MPG's does it get?, with a silly smirk on there face. (Well, if I really gave two sh*ts about MPG do you think I'd be driving a Viper? Why don't you ask every large SUV or truck at the pump with one/two passengers, since they are less fuel efficient than the Viper.)

3.) Boy, I bet you pay a fortune for insurance? Same smirk on face. (See #1 above. But no, actually I pay substantially less to insure this car than my wife's econo-box. True.)

4.) My cousins, nephews, fathers, brother has one. "Oh yeah? What color?" It is Orange with blue stripes. (Always some stupid sh*t that was never even produced).
I get those almost every time i get gas, it gets old. Plus the how fast have you been and "are those speakers in the hood"? I also get the he must be a drug dealer muffled under their breath when talking to their friends here are there. Also since i'm 24 i've gotten did your daddy but you that car, just some drunk jealous idiot, and i about knocked the guys head off, Not that what he thought effected me i think i was just in a bad mood that night but when i snatched him up by the neck he about pissed himself lol.
once he knew i was in the Marines for 6 years and worked my ass off for it he shut up and apologized.
BUT at a grocery store a very old woman called it "CLASSY", thats why i love the viper it appeals to all ages!

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score

"By the way, I like your porsche in the parking lot" This was said too me by a lady at work in the hallway. She ment well, I just kept walking.

I have also never had a car that started conversations, while not even having the car around, but just the fact that people know I have it. Random folks at work ask about "the viper" everyday, they ask how its running? Insurance, gas mileage? all the usual stuff.

Then the other day I was at the bank, The bank chicks always keep tabs on me. I went in to cash a check and they asked how I was and everything. There was this guy there that worked in the finance dept or something. Says, "Hey, arent you the one with the viper?" Talks to me about it for 10 min, and asks me weird stuff like "Is the engine quiet on those things?" I say yeah, its just like having a lexus(sarcastically a little), but convertable. He was like oh..wow. THen he is like if you ever have it out, stop by I'd love to see it. I was like okay..

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I've been getting these two alot. The truth is, my wife's 98' Taurus that I paid $2000 for three years ago costs more to insure.

And the V12 thing is insane. Where do people get the idea the Viper has a V12? They even insist their friend's Uncle has a V12 Viper. When I think of a V12 I personally think of an 80's Jaguar with no power.

OP
OP
S

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Actually, one I get quite often is, "How big is the gas tank?" I say it's the regular size but you just have to fill it more often ;-)

Santo

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One high school kid asked me if he could ******** on it at Auto Zone last week...One minute detailer I guess... :eek: :eek:

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

True Story: Stuck in traffic in front of Tara's Bar in Port Jefferson Long Island. Group of Bikers in front say "Hey look it's ViperBoy!!" Then a Blonde in her 40's with a fake rack walks outside of the bar. The bikers say: "Carla, go over to Viperboy and show him something!" Still stuck in traffic Carla walks up to the car pulls up her shirt and grabs my head and pulls it into her chest and says "How do you like these ViperBoy?" Biker guys are now roaring, "Yeah look at ViperBoy getting some!!" The whole town is looking at this. All this happens to me within a minute. At the same time this happens, I am on the cell phone in a heated arguement with an ex girlfriend. Need I say Heaven and Hell at the same time. The ex-girlfriend gets really annoyed, "What the hell is going on over there (bikers yelling in background)and who is that woman I hear talking to you?" I tell her I got to go, and hang up the phone, give Carla compliments on her fantastic body and wave to the bikers as traffic starts to roll slowly as I hear the town cheering in the background. Yes the ex-girlfriend was done after that and in a way I was glad as she was even higher maintenance than a 70's Maserati Bora. Sorry this turned out as long as it did.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

True Story: Stuck in traffic in front of Tara's Bar in Port Jefferson Long Island. Group of Bikers in front say "Hey look it's ViperBoy!!" Then a Blonde in her 40's with a fake rack walks outside of the bar. The bikers say: "Carla, go over to Viperboy and show him something!" Still stuck in traffic Carla walks up to the car pulls up her shirt and grabs my head and pulls it into her chest and says "How do you like these ViperBoy?" Biker guys are now roaring, "Yeah look at ViperBoy getting some!!" The whole town is looking at this. All this happens to me within a minute. At the same time this happens, I am on the cell phone in a heated arguement with an ex girlfriend. Need I say Heaven and Hell at the same time. The ex-girlfriend gets really annoyed, "What the hell is going on over there (bikers yelling in background)and who is that woman I hear talking to you?" I tell her I got to go, and hang up the phone, give Carla compliments on her fantastic body and wave to the bikers as traffic starts to roll slowly as I hear the town cheering in the background. Yes the ex-girlfriend was done after that and in a way I was glad as she was even higher maintenance than a 70's Maserati Bora. Sorry this turned out as long as it did.
It wasn't all THAT long.
You must be registered for see images
:D
Whoever made this pic needs to ask for royalties everytime someone uses it. :nana: :nana: :nana:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I made a quick stop in the Viper at a parts store and the teenage kid that was working there want me to come back when he got off work and take him home.

Had the car in a parade yesterday and heard the V-12 comment, I like your corvette, and a guy told his wife "It's an RX-7."

I was pulling the car on a flat trailer from Little Rock to Vegas and passed a long convoy of military trucks carrying troops with a sign on the back of the last vehicle that said "Convoy training for Operation Iraqi Freedom." As I passed each truck, the guys in the back would get all the guys towards the front to come look at the car (see pictures in gallery). I got a LOT of thumbs up, and the smiles on the faces of these 19 and 20 year old soldiers was priceless. It made me damn proud to be an American!

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I own a Yellow 06 C6, and a Black 99 GTS.

Earliet tonight I went to meet a couple of buddies for a cold one and some wings. As we are leaving my friend whom knows nothing about cars look over at the Vette, and says is that your Viper? I said no, but it was my Corvette. He said oh.

He just doesn't know cars:)

Alan
Alans Performance

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They always start out with "Nice Car"...The three most common remarks I get are:

(1.) "Nice speakers, I've never seen speakers in the hood of a car before" :confused:
(2.) "Is it fast?" No, not really :buttkick:
(3.) "I like the piss yellow color" - from Corvette owners.
(4.) "I bet it cost a fortune to fill 'er up" - I get this all of the time at gas stations.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

"Hey! look...it's an Asian driving a dodge!" True story...obviously this comment came from Kentucky.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

He walked away with his buddy telling him "That was the cheap version, the better ones have a V-12"
Yeah, I've had a number of conversations with people convinced it had a V-12 - some simply misinformed, some arrogantly sure I was wrong. I gently tell them that *all* Viper's to-date are V-10's, and go into some detail on the engine/horsepower changes and displacement changes with the SRT, and they'll usually back off.

Now, the most common question I get is the cost - and most people mean well; they simply seem to have the idea that its unobtainable to them. I'm happy to tell them that new ones cost in the 70-90k range (out the door, after taxes, etc), but I didn't pay that for this one and, in fact, likely paid less than someone buying a new Lexus, and smile conspiratorily to them. That usually gets them interested, and a few have gone on to ask more details on how to aquire one. This has the benefit of keeping the used market live, and sustaining the value of our cars. :cool:

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Also since i'm 24 i've gotten did your daddy but you that car, just some drunk jealous idiot, and i about knocked the guys head off, Not that what he thought effected me i think i was just in a bad mood that night but when i snatched him up by the neck he about pissed himself lol.
once he knew i was in the Marines for 6 years and worked my ass off for it he shut up and apologized.

Funny you say that... I got that once (with a few other choice words) driving past a SUV full of drunk idiots. Of course I was going the opposite direction, and they knew I couldn't stop the car due to traffic behind me... Cowards... You know the type, only open there pansy mouths when they know a confrontation is not possible. I must admit, that did make my blood boil a bit since I thought of all the years of hard work & sacrifice that enabled me to purchase my dream car. Kind of silly to even care what a stranger says, but sometimes you're in a bad mood like you said....

Of course, I was 32 years old at the time. Maybe I could take these 'daddy' comments as a compliment. At least there not yelling something about a mid-life crisis.....

BTW - Anyone who has never taken the Viper out during bar closing time on a Friday or Saturday night and rolled pasted the hot spots has never experienced real idiotic comments. You have to do it at least once.....

flying dutchman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

once in a while someone jumps in front of the car
to take a picture with his cellphone, scaring the hell out of me, but mostly people just stare unless its a american car nut, they go nuts, you dont see that many vipers here between the tulips and the windmills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi