What's Up With Dodge? - Why Are SRT-10 Prices Tanking So Fast?

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dodge *****!! - Why Is Dodge Releasing 2005 SRT-10\'s So Fast?

When I bought my 01 there were new 99s' still on the dealers lot. When I bought my 03 there were new 01s' still unsold. So whats your point? :confused:

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This was never supposed to turn into an argument. This was just a thread that was to discuss this issue. Many people have taken this personally and gotten upset and accused me of trying to "alter the market" or "alter some of the cars for sale." Pretty sad to say personally. Well I think I will close on this issue because it is just a waste of my time.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When I bought my 01 there were new 99s' still on the dealers lot. When I bought my 03 there were new 01s' still unsold. So whats your point? :confused:

That is the point! I am done.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LMFAO, you should be done,

1) you dont own a srt
2) you haven't bought a srt for the prices you stated
3) you really by pure stupidity made some i'm sure upset about what they paid for their cars
4) when you do buy a srt for the super duper deals you have found, do us a favor in your post as your bragging, post the buyers order, that way we can all jump up and down in joy on how savory of a buyer you are.
4) you come over to are form posting this BS, what did you expect?
5) lastly the deals you are talking about are just talk, you haven't bought anything yet at prices stated, hey bud you've been low balled, but if you do complete a deal and its real then brag about it but until then post fact not fiction.

tom

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

QUOTE BY F355
Dodge *****!! - Why Is Dodge Releasing 2005 SRT-10's So Fast?
You must be registered for see images

If Dodge ***** so much, why are you on this site!

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Who cares what the prices are, people on this board are from very different places. I'm sure at this time of year you can probably get a srt-10 for much less in the midwest. Some people are going to $70k and some $80k, as long as they are happy with the car, that's all that matters.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

QUOTE BY F355

Their product (Viper) and this site is great (even after this post) but the way Dodge carries out business is inferior to MANY others. Seems like all they care about is the bottom line, which is the dollar. They are looking for the easiest way to avoid loosing a ton of money.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LMFAO, you should be done,

1) you dont own a srt
2) you haven't bought a srt for the prices you stated
3) you really by pure stupidity made some i'm sure upset about what they paid for their cars
4) when you do buy a srt for the super duper deals you have found, do us a favor in your post as your bragging, post the buyers order, that way we can all jump up and down in joy on how savory of a buyer you are.
4) you come over to are form posting this BS, what did you expect?
5) lastly the deals you are talking about are just talk, you haven't bought anything yet at prices stated, hey bud you've been low balled, but if you do complete a deal and its real then brag about it but until then post fact not fiction.

tom

Seems like you are a bit pissed about something. Maybe looking at the market now you see that you paid to much or something else. None of what I posted was BS, maybe you just can not handle it. I personally do not care.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

QUOTE BY F355

Their product (Viper) and this site is great (even after this post) but the way Dodge carries out business is inferior to MANY others. Seems like all they care about is the bottom line, which is the dollar. They are looking for the easiest way to avoid loosing a ton of money.

Actually Dodge's marketing approach and vehicle sales are doing them very well.

I saw this comparison in one of the local Money watch sections of the paper. I found it interesting that GM sales twice as many units as Dodge, and 1.5 times more than Ford. But Chryslers revenue and earnings were almost twice as high as the others and per unit sold Dodge made twice as much per unit sold. This being after all overhead and EBITA.

Most maybe goes to Germany now anyways, but none the less I found it interesting that Dodge does as well as it does when compared to the other two.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is the point! I am done.

I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE DONE, BYE BE GONE NOW, COME BACK WHEN YOU HAVE A GEN III. YOUR ******* ALOT OF PEOPLE OFF HERE. THIS TYPE OF POST YOU STARTED IS JUST PLAIN BAD FOR THE ENTIRE VIPER COMMUNITY- PERIOD. BUT PLEASEEEEEEEEE, STAND BY YOUR WORD AND BE DONE AND GONE. HOW CAN YOU EXPECT US TO BELIVE YOU WHEN YOU HAVE ONLY SHOWED PROOF OF NOT STANDING BY WHAT YOU SAY? SO START NOW AND BE DONE LIKE YOU SAID. SHOW US ALL FOR THE FIRST TIME THAT WE CAN REALLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY.

ARE YA DONE NOW? I HOPE SO, NO NEED TO REPLY, I'LL KNOW YOU READ IT BY DOING WHAT YOU SAID, BE DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE DONE, BYE BE GONE NOW, COME BACK WHEN YOU HAVE A GEN III. YOUR ******* ALOT OF PEOPLE OFF HERE. THIS TYPE OF POST YOU STARTED IS JUST PLAIN BAD FOR THE ENTIRE VIPER COMMUNITY- PERIOD. BUT PLEASEEEEEEEEE, STAND BY YOUR WORD AND BE DONE AND GONE. HOW CAN YOU EXPECT US TO BELIVE YOU WHEN YOU HAVE ONLY SHOWED PROOF OF NOT STANDING BY WHAT YOU SAY? SO START NOW AND BE DONE LIKE YOU SAID. SHOW US ALL FOR THE FIRST TIME THAT WE CAN REALLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY.

ARE YA DONE NOW? I HOPE SO, NO NEED TO REPLY, I'LL KNOW YOU READ IT BY DOING WHAT YOU SAID, BE DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

I would be done with it if people did not keep making stupid remarks, like yourself. Once you are done then I will be. Fair enough? Start the trend! :2tu:

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Attn Tom: :2tu: What does F355 REALLY KNOW! :D 1st he calls his 03 civic a speed demon. :eek: And mentions nothing about his viper. :mad: Maybe he is going native longing for his yugo.None of his items are hard facts.The ebay sources are jokes.And in his defense,assuming theses prices are real is a big problem for alot of people.It's like bad breath. :D He doesn't realize his ignorance as he speaks nor the oder. :p From talkin bu11$hiT.F355 NOTHING PERSONAL BUT YOUR POST IS BS.And this is in fun :2tu:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fast Freddy, you could not put it better. I spoke with Buhler about the coupe and supposedly they are trying to make a 650HP engine. Hum....
If that is true, then the SRT-10 is going to be a failure because of the disparity in hp. The GTS and RT didn't have any power differences except for a short time in 96.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I read F355's post and have to say that all the kid was trying to point out was some dramatic depreciation in the SRTs. He does seem to have got his facts mixed up some but I didn't think he was slamming anybody. Cmon, everybody let's take a deep breath.

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fast Freddy, you could not put it better. I spoke with Buhler about the coupe and supposedly they are trying to make a 650HP engine. Hum....
If that is true, then the SRT-10 is going to be a failure because of the disparity in hp. The GTS and RT didn't have any power differences except for a short time in 96.

The SRT10 will never considered a failure to those of us (and there are many) whom would never want to drive a sportscar if it was not a convertible. And for those of us whom fit in this catagory, and are lucky enough to own an SRT10, we go to bed every night knowing that we own the fastest production convertible on the palnet, and, in my opinion, the best looking. How can that be a failure???

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agreed but I'm talking failure from an economic standpoint.

The SRT is an amazing vehicle in that it has better handling (1.05g) than any coupe out there. I love convertibles too but don't have the money or space for it and don't want to give up my GTS ever. I live in an apartment with limited parking. When I have a house and the money, I do plan to build a collection of all Viper models but that's a dream now.

But if I was in the market for a Viper and had to choose between a 500hp convertible v/s a 650hp coupe, my choice would be the coupe. If the engines were reversed, I'd choose the convertible. I think this would apply to a lot of Viper owners because we are price-performance conscious.

Remember I did state that there was no difference in power between the RT and GTS except for a short time in 96. So on the positive side, if there is indeed a 650hp coupe, then that same engine would hopefully be available in the convertible. Now that would be awesome. :2tu:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alot of sour SRT-10 owners. Well, I guess if I owned a SRT-10 I would be sour too.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

P.S. I really don't hate the SRT-10 as much as it appears. Just having a little fun with ya.

We all enjoy and love the cars we own, that's why we own them! Yours just happen to be a little harder on the eyes than ours. :D :eek:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joke.

Here's one for ya.....

What does the SRT-10 and fat girls have in common?
They are both fun to ride, but you don't want to be seen in public with them.

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Joke.

Here's one for ya.....

Isn't it interesting how peoples opinions can differ so widely in different parts of the country. Here in Southern California, especially in the greater Los Angeles area (where the automobile is king), almost everyone I have spoken to in the last few years feels that the SRT10 is far and away the best looking Viper. That is why we all have opinions. And if we disagreed, and I could change your mind and you could change mine, we would still disagree!!! The key word here is RESPECT...for everyone's right to disagree. So be it.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would be done with it if people did not keep making stupid remarks, like yourself. Once you are done then I will be. Fair enough? Start the trend! :2tu:

LMFAO - THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT FOR ALL TO READ, I KNOW YOU'LL RESPOND TO THIS BECAUSE YOU ALSO HAVE TO HAVE THE LAST WORD. :2tu: SO GO AHEAD HAVE THE LAST WORD THEN LEAVE, THANK YOU, TOM

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As New Black Mamba, under 70K, are you kidding me?

Now this is seriously tempting me. What's the scam here? How is this possible?
web page

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: As New Black Mamba, under 70K, are you kidding me?

WOW

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2488634407 Now this is seriously tempting me. What's the scam here? How is this possible?
web page
-------------------------- ATTN:F355 ISN"T THIS THE CAR YOU SAID WAS SOLD? or AM I CRAZY.Also you want to see scams go to CARS DIRECT.GO UNDER USED/THEN VIPERS/DISTANCE national.Look at the same guy has 5 or 6 ads.2004 turbo for 55000 ,ebay had last wk same car for over 100000

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now this is seriously tempting me. What's the scam here? How is this possible?
web page

Same viper is up for sale in the classifieds section of this site!! I can't believe the price. They actually put it up for sale on the Aug. 31st!

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wanted:

You take things way to personal. As Avi was stating, I only spoke about a situation. You like making a huge deal out of it. You must love to hear yourself talk and try to sound like some big shot. You keep telling me to leave but why don't you leave since you are the one complaining. Get a life and leave us all alone. :2tu:

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Same viper is up for sale in the classifieds section of this site!! I can't believe the price. They actually put it up for sale on the Aug. 31st!

In that case, I can't believe no one has snatched it up yet. Hmmm... I'll be driving through the Suffolk area tomorrow... maybe I could stop by :D

Never mind, I just called and it sold two days ago :(

I asked the guy how they sold it so cheap and he said they were basically selling it for their customer as an accomodation and only made their advertising costs and a little more on the sale. They were worried that winter was on the way, etc...

Man, to be in the right place at the right time! :headbang: Whoever bought that car, if you're on this site, post up and gloat a little. :D

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

QUOTE BY F355

I am done.

You said it yesterday yet you still keep going and going and going!!!

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Joke.

Here's one for ya.....

Did you think of this all by yourself?