What's Up With Dodge? - Why Are SRT-10 Prices Tanking So Fast?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Joke.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooop plop.
the sound of the SRT-10's prices today.

THE COUPE IS REAL.

DWParsons1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dodge *****!! - Why Is Dodge Releasing 2005 SRT-10\'s So Fast?

You guys are unbelievable.

I've got 12K miles on my '03 SRT and it's not my daily driver. The only time it's been in the shop in the last 12 mos (other than for regular maintenance) was for the TSB on the check ball. The car is a huge improvement over the GenII cars. It sticks like mad and goes like a scalded cat.

The car is a toy, not an investment - if you want to worry about losing $$$ play the market. There's a real sure thing.

F355, aren't you the guy who was boo-hooing about the cost to ship your car to VOI?? And now your talking about buying two SRT's? Quit worrying about the money and live a little for chrissake!

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Question...or just a thought....why do some of you feel the need to be so critical pertaining to what other people drive...I have a new SRT10 (my first Viper) and I love it. I also like the looks of Gen I but not Gen II. But I would never be critical of anyone who has Gen II. I have friends who drive PT Cruisers, Vipers, Vettes, Saturns, Ferraris, BMWs, Mercedes, Range Rovers, Ford Explorers, and so on. To each his own! Put your ego aside, enjoy your automobile, and let others enjoy theirs without criticism!!!

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, hold on. First I thought this thread was dead but has came back once again. This thread is NOT about critizism!!!! WHY DO MOST THINK IT IS??? It was a SIMPLE friendly discussion about prices on the SRT-10's. I do not care what anyone drives, it is to eachs own and I praise ALL Viper owners!!!!!!!! I was just bringing up a point. MY OH MY. I can not believe there are so many babies out there whining about everything. BIG DAMN DEAL! GROW THE F*** UP!

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Check out this weeks AutoWeek.
Viper Sales down 1200 and change for 03
900 and change for 04

corseviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have been on the site for about 2 months now. It appears
over and over the same group of people keep bashing the SRT's. Whats up with that?
I have likes and dislikes about all three gen's,
they all very distinct and special.
If I could own each type I would, why because its a viper.
Am I missing something?

CorseViper
04 SRT10
00 ducati 996S

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fast Freddy, you could not put it better. I spoke with Buhler about the coupe and supposedly they are trying to make a 650HP engine. Hum....
If that is true, then the SRT-10 is going to be a failure because of the disparity in hp. The GTS and RT didn't have any power differences except for a short time in 96.

The SRT10 will never considered a failure to those of us (and there are many) whom would never want to drive a sportscar if it was not a convertible. And for those of us whom fit in this catagory, and are lucky enough to own an SRT10, we go to bed every night knowing that we own the fastest production convertible on the palnet, and, in my opinion, the best looking. How can that be a failure???

verts are ***.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's one for ya.....

What does the SRT-10 and fat girls have in common?
They are both fun to ride, but you don't want to be seen in public with them.
Isn't it interesting how peoples opinions can differ so widely in different parts of the country. Here in Southern California, especially in the greater Los Angeles area (where the automobile is king), almost everyone I have spoken to in the last few years feels that the SRT10 is far and away the best looking Viper. That is why we all have opinions. And if we disagreed, and I could change your mind and you could change mine, we would still disagree!!! The key word here is RESPECT...for everyone's right to disagree. So be it.

Kalifornia is also home to the highest saturation of PC, candyassed liberals. HURRAH! The SRT-10 is the perfect car for them.

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Correction
Motor Trend - October 2004 on page 42.

Sales Trends.......2004.......2003.......% Change

Toyota Prius.....21,783.....9865.......+121
Malibu............121,341...79,224.......+ 53
Chrysler 300.....44,010....5,821.......+ 23

>Dodge Viper.........984.....1245.......-21<

Hummer H2..... 12,548 / 16,650... - 25
BMW Z4............ 7,359 / 9,859... - 25
Audi TT............ 2,954 / 4,094... - 28
T-Bird............. 7,072 / 9,877... - 28

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Here's one for ya.....

What does the SRT-10 and fat girls have in common?
They are both fun to ride, but you don't want to be seen in public with them.
Isn't it interesting how peoples opinions can differ so widely in different parts of the country. Here in Southern California, especially in the greater Los Angeles area (where the automobile is king), almost everyone I have spoken to in the last few years feels that the SRT10 is far and away the best looking Viper. That is why we all have opinions. And if we disagreed, and I could change your mind and you could change mine, we would still disagree!!! The key word here is RESPECT...for everyone's right to disagree. So be it.

Why do you people in California think that your opinion about any car is the correct one? I don't care what any Californian thinks about anything. I think the other post about a bunch of PC liberals is correct and I definitely don't care what you think about anything and I don't read the LA Times piece of $hit paper either. Keep your stuck up LA(where the car is king) California opinions in California...the rest of us in the USA don't care what you think. :p

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Saw a 95 viper in a parking lot and talked with the owner who is selling it for a srt 10. He wants a car with windows and a top. The car is dated, funny looking. At least it didn't have the camero rear end. :crazy:

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

Here in Southern California, especially in the greater Los Angeles area (where the automobile is king), almost everyone I have spoken to in the last few years feels that the SRT10 is far and away the best looking Viper.

That's because California has so many Asians. The Toyota design appeals to them on a genetic level.

Here in South Florida, especially in the greater Miami area, we don't care what those in Southern California think :2tu:

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry we Californians aren't as cool as Texas and Florida.

I would love to have my RT 10 in Florida and blow away all those retirees in their minivans on my way to the ultimate cultural icon Disneyworld. Or Miami Beach - wow that is fun and you can see it all in less than two hours!

And Texas has the biggest inferiority complex of any State in the US. It is like the US version of Canada. Houston and Dallas - nice cute little towns, like mini versions of real cities. The best thing to come out of Texas was JR.

And Most car manufacturers test out their mules here in LA before they are released (ie the Ford GT mule was testing here years ago) - so Obviously the Big Three think LA is important. Also we have the highest concentration of Supercars anywhere in the US.

There are two major points of interest in America NY and LA - sorry that is a fact.

Also My Governor can kick your Governors a$$.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Classic

This is getting to be classic.

It used to be Minnesotans that said "My Governor can kick your Governors a$$." Guess that now falls to Califiornia.

After hearing all this crap about who's state is better. About all I can conclude is the best weather states continually take money from the other states due to their "disasters." Earthquakes and fires in California and Hurricanes in Florida. How come the rest of us pay for your misfortune but don't get the climate?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry we Californians aren't as cool as Texas and Florida.

I would love to have my RT 10 in Florida and blow away all those retirees in their minivans on my way to the ultimate cultural icon Disneyworld. Or Miami Beach - wow that is fun and you can see it all in less than two hours!

And Texas has the biggest inferiority complex of any State in the US. It is like the US version of Canada. Houston and Dallas - nice cute little towns, like mini versions of real cities. The best thing to come out of Texas was JR.

And Most car manufacturers test out their mules here in LA before they are released (ie the Ford GT mule was testing here years ago) - so Obviously the Big Three think LA is important. Also we have the highest concentration of Supercars anywhere in the US.

There are two major points of interest in America NY and LA - sorry that is a fact.

Also My Governor can kick your Governors a$$.

Yeah 91 octane and a bunch of hollywood liberal wierdos is something to brag about. How's the electricity crisis coming? Smog? Droves if illegals from south of the border???

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

...91 octane and a bunch of hollywood liberal wierdos is something to brag about. How's the electricity crisis coming? Smog? Droves if illegals from south of the border???
Craig, you forgot to mention that their state is bankrupt.

"There are two major points of interest in America NY and LA - sorry that is a fact."

And the one on the east coast even lives up to the hype :2tu:

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Craig whatever

I don't think canooocks have any criticizing rights when it comes to any other country. Take care of the mess you have up there first. If it weren't for us you would still be driving pewgots.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Craig whatever

I don't think canooocks have any criticizing rights when it comes to any other country. Take care of the mess you have up there first. If it weren't for us you would still be driving pewgots.

It's electricity via BC that you can even make this post.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Toronto-

A lot of us "Hollywood liberal weirdos" pump millions of US dollars into your city to stand in for NY for both Film and TV - mostly because Canada is willing to bend over to allow us to film up there.

We also have droves of illegals coming over our borders because people actually want to come to the US. This is something a Canadian will have a hard time understanding.

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ding Ding, recess of over...............

Wow, what have I been missing. First we were talking about how the prices of the SRT are coming down, now were bashing each other's state, country, govenor and year Viper? I feel like it's recess in high school.

I've owned all 3 Vipers........for a very long time. They are all different cars and frankly, what I see in one, I don't appreciate in the other, but friends always say, why 3 Vipers?

Going back to the discussion of the prices dropping, I suggest not basing all your opinions on what a few dealerships are doing. Winter's fast approching and no doubt, there are great buys in convertibles, as well as say.........boats. Anyone want to by a 42' Cigarette?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Toronto-

A lot of us "Hollywood liberal weirdos" pump millions of US dollars into your city to stand in for NY for both Film and TV - mostly because Canada is willing to bend over to allow us to film up there.

We also have droves of illegals coming over our borders because people actually want to come to the US. This is something a Canadian will have a hard time understanding.

It is clear that I cannot argue any longer with you, your material is just too stellar for me to compete!

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Ding Ding, recess of over...............

Craig
This is one example of Canadian foolishness. Don't even own a viper and criticizing US. Do you drive a renault with the town and country horn? Which horn do you prefer? :eek: