What's ups or down with UPS???

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What\'s ups or down with UPS???

That company really *****!! I have Viper parts coming in and this is their 3rd F-up with delivery! They shipped my parts elsewhere besides my destination! Bunch of idiots!

I was hoping...to get my stuff this weekend.!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s ups or down with UPS???

Fed-ex ground, baby. far fewer screwups. At least Fed-Ex admits to a 90% reliability... UPS is far less...

JD

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I must be in FedEx's OTHER 10%!! On one occassion they shipped a camera to an old address on my property (NOT the one on the shipping label!) and HUNG IT ON THE GATE IN THE RAIN. They left my medical licensing credentials at the same old address (NOT the one on the shipping label!) on another occassion.

On the other hand, UPS has always been reliable. So I guess it is very carrier-dependent when it comes to delivery service.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's regional. Same with USPS. I can't get mail forwarded in south Louisiana. They keep telling me about postage due or something.

Worked fine moving within Houston several times.

Worked fine moving from Houston to Indy.

Worked fine moving from Indy to south Louisiana.

Filed one Change of Address form with the local 70605 USPS & haven't received anything. Nada. Zilch.

During tax season.

Different dog, same kinda fleas.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fed-ex...even though I hate them all. However, I might be willing to try DHL again. I used them a lot when I lived over seas. They seem to have it together.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have completely quit using UPS both personally and at work. We use fedex and not only has it been cheaper and faster but far more reliable. For innerstate mail between offices fedex has been awesome, most packages arrive before 10am the next day if it's requested or not.

Reaction score

We canned UPS and now use DHL. We have had less problems with them and the claims get taken care of with very little effort from us. DHL is also cheaper than UPS.

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score

UPS screwed up numerous times with me. The worst was when their drivers just tell bald-faced lies. I've read on their tracking page "customer not home" when I was home all day and lived in a remote area where if anyone comes down your street(a dirt county road) they were very noticeable. And UPS has had to refund money to me for missing delivery dates. USPS is better for me than UPS. FedEx Ground is individually owned and operated, unlike regular FedEx, so it's a crapshoot. I've wanted to try DHL, I just haven't seen them locally.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fed-ex ground, baby. far fewer screwups. At least Fed-Ex admits to a 90% reliability... UPS is far less...

JD

I wonder which one lost the G-tech :D

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have to say that the USPS is the worst by far. Mailed seats to Dansauto 200 miles away. With UPS got there next day, like an idiot he mailed them back to me USPS, mailed two boxes to me on Monday, got one on that Saturday and the other the Tuesday 8 days later. USPS even charged $41, while UPS charged $28.

I can't stand the USPS and wish it would go away!

Ed

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

UPS *****. I am fed up with them and will avoid using them again.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got some Viper parts shipped DHL from Houston yesterday, and they arrived 30 minutes ago. Thanks Albert! :2tu:

Reaction score

Dean, glad you got them.

I was thinking about some of the issues with DHL. We have had problems with them 3 times in 6 months with rural areas. The places that they do not go to they actually have UPS deliver them. And no big suprise that was one of the packages destroyed

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think when it comes to incomming parcels, if you talk to your driver and get to know him a little, you will get better service. No company policy involved of course just people to people.

With outgoing,
I believe an insured value of $1k is the break point where UPS will actually take better care of your shipment.

I receive many items through UPS. They have screwed up a few times in the past. No bad service for a couple of years now.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

With outgoing,
I believe an insured value of $1k is the break point where UPS will actually take better care of your shipment.

Perhaps but I have had UPS lose packages insured for over 1k.