Wheel/Rim idea's HELP!! Color choice??

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay so I have my wheels ordered up... See pictures. I am also looking at buying a 20/21 setup, but that will be later.

Anyways my wheels are HRE 895R's and are 20/20.
Tires are Pirelli 345/25/20-Rear and 295/25/20-Front

My car is Matte Black (see picture)

I am looking to get my wheels painted. I would like something to stick out a little because the car is Matte, but then again it still needs to be subtle enough to flow with the rest of the car.

So far I am thinking Matte Black spokes with gloss black lips/barrels.

Then I had the idea to go with Matte Black spokes, with yellow lips, black barrels.

THEN I had the idea to go with Matte Black spokes, Gloss Black lips with a white 1/4 pinstripe, but figured that may look a little rat-rod...

Any idea's from anybody?????????? Prefer to stay away from RED, GREEN, or GOLD!!!!

All help and idea's are greatly apprecieated!!!

Also some PS help would be SWEET!!!!!

I also have eibach springs/caps on the car now. THANKS AGAIN JON B!!

Thanks for all and any help!!

-Tim

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim what up

The matte black spokes with yellow lips would look killer with matching yellow calipers:2tu:

but you couldnt go wrong with matte black spokes and gloss black lips with the white pin stripe. Rat rod look would really compliment your matte black scheme.

vermontv23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hmm i think it will look great with a thin red line around each rim. on the stock ones not the one you posted pictures of. I prefer the stock look (the black wheels you have now and maybe have the rim lip painted red.

Last edited:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't matter what color they are if you don't get some big brakes to fill in the massive gap you're gonna have with a 20 inch wheel.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay pure! Matte black, no gloss lips or stripes or.....

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may fall into that category :( I have 19s in the back but I'm doing toms rear brake, upgraded rotors, pads, lines and over all have a very capable balanced setup at a fraction of the price of a big brake kit, I love the look but dont like the price for a few notched up in brake performance

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the lightest package out there, but if you're bolting on heavy ass blingy wheels, who's worried about brake weight. Yes, the 14" SRT upgrade adds about 20 pounds or so short of looking up that post I did that details that.

But it is worth every pound of it :D

You must be registered for see images

subyguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
paint them gloss red. 1:33 style. i think it would look sick on flat black but really flashy

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a couple notches up in performance. Soooooo much better then stock, I can't begin to describe. And it looks menacing!

And yes, Dave's splitters make me jealous as well. They really look great on the car.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the lightest package out there, but if you're bolting on heavy ass blingy wheels, who's worried about brake weight. Yes, the 14" SRT upgrade adds about 20 pounds or so short of looking up that post I did that details that.

But it is worth every pound of it :D

Ahh I like the side splitters, but the front is a little "euro ricer" for me. Paint that whole thing red and get rid of the stickers I think!

I did big brakes on my RT, and not sure it was done right, but I didn't like the way it stopped. It obvioiusly didn't have ABS, but it just loved to lock up the rears!!!

I was actually thinking about putting dust caps behind the wheels............:rolaugh:

But I do plan on doing big brakes next winter if I can find some decent ones this time!

Wheels are going out tomorrow for paint. At this point I am going with Matte Black spokes, with Matte Yellow lips.....

If it doesn't work, F^ it, its only paint I will just pull them of in a week and start all over!!

Thanks for the help guys!! Also I think the Yellow caliper idea was great!!!!

-Tim

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the double standard on the decals I use. Nothing against anyone that has posted here as I've had far worse comments. Euro-rice is damn near a compliment. But people say the Viper is a street legal race car. Well, have you ever seen the race prepped cars? A speeding billboard of decal here, decal there. Everywhere a decal LMAO.

And my car? Well, it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no....

So, my call out to any one that cares to chastise my decals, don't ever call the Viper a street legal race car.

Finally, to complete this thread hijacking, a full frontal view of the front splitter.

One more just because my computer is fast.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the double standard on the decals I use. Nothing against anyone that has posted here as I've had far worse comments. Euro-rice is damn near a compliment. But people say the Viper is a street legal race car. Well, have you ever seen the race prepped cars? A speeding billboard of decal here, decal there. Everywhere a decal LMAO.

And my car? Well, it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no it's a race car no it's a street legal race car no....

So, my call out to any one that cares to chastise my decals, don't ever call the Viper a street legal race car.

Finally, to complete this thread hijacking, a full frontal view of the front splitter.

One more just because my computer is fast.

Wow. If mobile 1 paid you for the advertising that is awesome if they paid my some cash I probably would as well. I have a feeling they didn’t. I also think that you probably just pay for their oil like everyone else and probably paid for the decal as well. I really didn’t mean to offend you. I was asking for opinions about wheels, and you put in your 2 cents about brakes (as well as someone else) so I gave you my 2 cents about your decals and splitter. I will give you credit; it does look better from the front, but I still wouldn’t put it on my car. Then again I also wouldn’t put a 1/4" pinstripe on my car either. And I also wouldn't buy rims that had ugly bolts showing all the way around...(ie HRE 547/597's).

Like I said NO offense. But if you send me those side splitters I can show you what they look like on a Matte Black Viper!!

Thanks again for all the help!!!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, 21s are gonna be HUGE in the smaller fender openings on the Gen II. 20s on those cars are pushing it, particularly in the front. 20/21 seems better suited for the SRT body....

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, how do you care for that paint? .....I like it but I've never seen it in person so I have no idea, can it be waxed?

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, how do you care for that paint? .....I like it but I've never seen it in person so I have no idea, can it be waxed?

It's actually easier to take care of. You do NOT wax anything matte. Just spray down, wash with a sponge and water, rinse then dry. In my opinion it's much easier to take care of then gloss. It holds up great as well!

-Tim

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, 21s are gonna be HUGE in the smaller fender openings on the Gen II. 20s on those cars are pushing it, particularly in the front. 20/21 seems better suited for the SRT body....

We have a local with 22's. Pretty sure his fronts are 22's but I know the rears are definitely 22's for sure. Didn't realize how big they were till I got close to the car.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
22" are HUGE!!! I couldn't imagine!!

Okay wheels went out today..... AND!!!!!!

Gloss Black lips with Matte Black spokes!!

If I don't like them I will just try it again, but I figured some people made some valid points about sticking to all black.

Thanks for the help guys!!!

-Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang