Wheel/Rim idea's HELP!! Color choice??

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks Great!!!

Have you thought about using black chrome for spokes/lip/barrels?
Maybe offset the black chrome with a matte finish.
For instance, black chrome lip and matte spokes and barrels.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks Great!!!

Have you thought about using black chrome for spokes/lip/barrels?
Maybe offset the black chrome with a matte finish.
For instance, black chrome lip and matte spokes and barrels.

I actually have, the only problem is that I am too cheap to pay for the chroming. I live in a smaller city and don't really know anyone that does it, and I am to cheap/lazy to send them out.

Good idea though, and if the paint doesn't pan out like it should, I will probably seek another alternative this winter.

-Tim

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
22" are HUGE!!! I couldn't imagine!!

Okay wheels went out today..... AND!!!!!!

Gloss Black lips with Matte Black spokes!!

If I don't like them I will just try it again, but I figured some people made some valid points about sticking to all black.

Thanks for the help guys!!!

-Tim

That sounds pretty cool, thank goodness your not going with the yellow idea:crazy2:.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
May noy be everyone's cuppa tea but that red GTS of Dave's with the decals and super chrome wheels is one badass lookin Viper! Did i say that?!:omg:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually have, the only problem is that I am too cheap to pay for the chroming. I live in a smaller city and don't really know anyone that does it, and I am to cheap/lazy to send them out.

Good idea though, and if the paint doesn't pan out like it should, I will probably seek another alternative this winter.

-Tim

I'm sure it will look good!

Be sure and post the photos...

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For my 2-cents, I like Dave's GTS and think it looks really good...and I'm an RT guy. Mobil sticker, no difference to me, with or without...splitters look very well done and, IMHO, they look good in black. Not sure if they would look better if painted red, would have to see it that way and compare. Overall its a nice look and like the side pipe mod on GTS's.

And, Tim, I vote for black wheels, no stripe. Satin black finish might look really good. I think, if you do stripe the wheel, that it should be a color that is already on the car...like the stripe. Monotone look might also be cool, black wheel with gunmetal (med-dark gray) stripe. There is actually a member from NE Region with a 2009 gray (I think) ACR and he had his wheels powder coated in gray and striped...they were awesome. Might want to see if you could get a photo of them. I can check my harddrive to see if I have one...if I do, I'll post....found it:

You must be registered for see images attach

These wheels were awesome in person, a little hard to tell in the photo, sorry.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For my 2-cents, I like Dave's GTS and think it looks really good...and I'm an RT guy. Mobil sticker, no difference to me, with or without...splitters look very well done and, IMHO, they look good in black. Not sure if they would look better if painted red, would have to see it that way and compare. Overall its a nice look and like the side pipe mod on GTS's.

And, Tim, I vote for black wheels, no stripe. Satin black finish might look really good. I think, if you do stripe the wheel, that it should be a color that is already on the car...like the stripe. Monotone look might also be cool, black wheel with gunmetal (med-dark gray) stripe. There is actually a member from NE Region with a 2009 gray (I think) ACR and he had his wheels powder coated in gray and striped...they were awesome. Might want to see if you could get a photo of them. I can check my harddrive to see if I have one...if I do, I'll post....found it:

Thanks.

I like this car, but I just don't know about another color. I know yellow is out there, but Viper's are out there! I really want to stay away from red. I love red, but just been done. So far I am sticking with the "murdered" out look. I will see how it comes out, and if the car looks like a black blob I will change it.

Also Matte black is not for everyone:D but I never seen it done right on a Viper, and loved it when I seen it out an elise, lambo, 2010 camaro, and gt40.

I will post pics asap. I have the eibachs going on this week with the caps, and the HRE fronts should be here in about 2 weeks. I should be getting the back wheels end of this week, but will be in Chicago for the weekend so I may have to post pics when I get back in town.

Thanks for the opinions!

-Tim

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks.

It may look good in person, but that looks.........dare I say it..........no I won't. Is it new owners or has the Viper world lost it's taste. :no:

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may look good in person, but that looks.........dare I say it..........no I won't. Is it new owners or has the Viper world lost it's taste. :no:

uhhhh...... I wouldn't say "new" Viper owners. Keep in mind I am 27 and this is my second Viper. I remember my first RT...

I remember my first beer too!:)

Anyways I was 22 when I purchased my "first" Viper. Keep in mind I didn't have a heck of a lot of cash back then, but a Viper was my dream car from the first time I seen it. I was around 10 years old....... give or take a 1/2 birthday...

Anyways the first picture is when I first purchased the car, and the second is the end product. The car was very ruff, and someone did some real half,,,,pass... repairs and called it good. The car was wrecked in Cali, but I purchased it from some BFE country town outside of SLC. I couldn't bare to see it end up in the junk yard, but it really should have. The car was completly gutted inside, the body lines were shot, NO radiator support, no back glass, no heat/ac/plenum, no carpet, no headlight, and the list goes on....

Three things it did have....17K on car, Autoform top & Windows, and Rear spoiler.

Back to the point..... New to the forum, not the Viper world.

The car is a 1994, and its original color was Black. Always dreamed of owning the Black ACR, but probaly will never afford it!! Car is lowered with Eibachs, and had adjustable Koni's.... PS don't mind the hood, it was kind of a experiment. Also shaved the side markers and hood louver lines. Yeah the hood is off a Gen II, as well as the bumper cover I believe.

Thanks for the compliments on the paint as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!!

Just got the rear's back!

Sorry for the poor picture. I am too lazy to walk into the house to grab my wifes camera, but more to come!!

-Tim

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim, I think the black is great looking. Chrome has been done again and again and again... Sounds like some dont like it but good on you for doing what you think is great looking. Great job!:2tu:

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a local with 22's. Pretty sure his fronts are 22's but I know the rears are definitely 22's for sure. Didn't realize how big they were till I got close to the car.

Any chance you could get some pictures of it? I have 22's on my Dodge Ram with a 4/6 drop and it sits pretty good. I measured the rims for the Viper, but at 29" overall there is no way it would fit or would it lift up the car? I have 20's all around now and I can lower it but I just can't picture 22's. :dunno:

I'll be happy once I lower mine LOL

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updated.

This is with the Eibach lowering springs, and lowering caps.

I am still waiting for the front wheels to come in so don't dog me out for having my spare tire on the front. (which I think has a better looking off-set then stock GTS wheels)

And don't mind my itty bitty brakes, that's my next winder project.

-Tim

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments!! My wife is a photographer, so as soon as the weather gets better she has some idea's for pics!!

I will keep this thread updated!

-Tim

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE!!!

:) Okay here are some more recent pictures!!!!!!!

I will be getting my PRO shot's this week, or next!!!

-Tim

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the overall look, but a little flash wouldn't hurt ... maybe chrome tips or chrome VIPER on the side?

By the way, like stickers or not, Dave's car looks and sounds awesome in person!

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the OP - stay black, looks killer.

To Dave - awesome freakin' looking car man. If everything was for everybody we'd all be driving the exact same car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang