Wheel/Tire weight - info to share

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have three sets of wheels/tires, and weighed them for comparison. If the scale is slightly off, at least the same scale was used for each weigh in. Relative differences should be accurate.

First up, the 5-spoke SRT-10 wheels and OEM tires from my '06 coupe (18" front, 19" rear)
Front: 57.5 lbs
Rear: 72 lbs

Iforged "Astra" 3-piece 19x10 (285 tire) and 20x13 (345 tire) Nitto Invos
Front: 55 lbs
Rear: 67 lbs

HRE "P40" 1-piece 19x10 (285 tire) and 20x12.5 (345 tire) Nitto Invos
Front: 45 lbs
Rear: 62.5 lbs

Summary: OEM wheels/tires are too damn heavy! :lmao:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Curious what the SSR wheel tire combo weigh in at....

Less than those listed above.

I'd guess the SSR's would be about the same as the HRE's up front (with 18 x 11 inch SSR's vs 19 x 10 inch HREs ) and about 10 lbs less per wheel at the rear (18 x 13 SSR's vs 20 x 12.5 HREs).

Dan

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SSRs are super light. Are the 5spokes from the 06's the same as the 5 spokes from the 08's+....?

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the info.
I will get the new 09 6 spokes w/PS2 tires this week, so I will weigh them and post the results. Will also compare the weight of my stock 08 OEM 5 spokes to yours.
Anybody with ACR Sidewinders, H spokes, Razors ?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 spoke weights front 26.8 lbs
rear 33.5 lbs

sidewinders have been reported on here before as 17/26 lbs

weighed some other stuff

Stock rotor 25 lbs
Stoptech front 17.4 lbs
(drilled)

SO going from stock 5 spoke to sidwinders is a 36lb difference approximately
going from stock rotors to stoptech is a 30lb difference approximately

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Claude did u go with the 6 spokes just for the weight savings or do u like the look of them better as well....?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I got my 09 6 spokes I weighed them, I didn't post because I don't have a decent scale for doing this, I literally got on the bathroom scale & then picked each up and got back on the scale ... like the post office shipping commercial, so goofy but it's all I had, so taking that error % into account, I got - (oh and don't even think of asking how much I weighed, but let's just say I've taken up jogging since then as a result)

18lbs front / 26lbs rear. (that's the wheels, not my front & rear, eh hem)

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used the bathroom scales also...

When I got my 09 6 spokes I weighed them, I didn't post because I don't have a decent scale for doing this, I literally got on the bathroom scale & then picked each up and got back on the scale ... like the post office shipping commercial, so goofy but it's all I had, so taking that error % into account, I got - (oh and don't even think of asking how much I weighed, but let's just say I've taken up jogging since then as a result)

18lbs front / 26lbs rear. (that's the wheels, not my front & rear, eh hem)

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Claude did u go with the 6 spokes just for the weight savings or do u like the look of them better as well....?

Looks, weight and price.
- I love the looks, and those thin spokes show the rotors and calipers much better, especially for when I will get the drilled/slotted Eurotech rotors.
- Weight, I know each lbs of unsprung weight saved has the same benefits as about 6 lbs of body weight. So, less rotational mass equals better acceleration, braking and smoother ride.
-Price, got them from Ebay auction taken from a new 09 with PS2 tires, monitors and center caps for $3250 + shipping.
My dream wheels would be 19/20 I Forged Turismo, with a deep lip, but that will have to wait for now.
See ya, Soccerjunky !

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First up, the 5-spoke SRT-10 wheels and OEM tires from my '06 coupe (18" front, 19" rear)
Front: 57.5 lbs
Rear: 72 lbs

Summary: OEM wheels/tires are too damn heavy! :lmao:

This was with the RunFlat Tires, correct?

At least PS2's save a couple of pounds.

SR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The weight on "H" style wheels off my 2008 were (wheels only and using a bathroom scale):

Front 27 lbs
Rear 34 lbs

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how much the OEM wheels that were on the 2003's weigh? Same wheels came on all Gen 3s until the 5 spoke option which I think started in 2006. I'm going to change to the 2009 6 spokes and was curious of the weight advantage.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome thread Tony! Thanks for doing that. It's good to see the 3 piece wheels were not heavier than the stockers.:drive:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bumping for more info:

Stock 6 spokes with ****** PS2's:

Front: 48 lbs (both within .1 lb)
Rear: 60 lbs (again, both within .1 lb)

Scale - Intercomp race scale

I'd say this is a pretty reasonable wheel / tire combo for those looking to save weight.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bumping for more info:

I'd say this is a pretty reasonable wheel / tire combo for those looking to save weight.

I was just looking at those, thanks for posting that info.

I am looking for a new set of wheels.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bumping for more info:

Just weighted the same wheels on a digial bathroom scale :
Stock '09 6 spokes with PS2's (2,000 miles)
Front : 47.8 lbs
Rear : 59.8 lbs

Stock '08 5 spokes with PS2's (5,000 miles)
Front : 52.2 lbs
Rear : 64 lbs

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't make much sense to weight it with the tire since tire weight changes from manufacturer to manufacturer and from mile to mile. And the fact that whichever racing organization you run with is gonna dictate what tire to use.

For the record the old GenII rears are 25.5lbs. I haven't weighed the fronts yet.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone looking for a set of 6 spokes should check with JonB. Just bought a set from him for less than any of the fleabay auctions. Not a lot less but he is a site sponsor.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The six spokes would be my street tires, Chuck, and the tires were already on 'em.

I know the stock ACR wheel is lighter, and apparently made out of unobtanium, so we'll save those for the Sport Cups / track tires.

escapedan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
+1 for JonB. I just picked up a set of the 6 spokes wrapped in Hoosier A6s. In my opinion they look sweet and were certainly lighter then the stock 5 spokes that came with the car (06 Coupe FE).

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, the weights with tires is still useful info as long as the tire brand/sizes are mentioned too. Even on track wheel combos, it would be useful to have those weights and details to share too. With or without tires, all the info can be useful to others with similar items.

Maybe if this thread gets long enough, someone can compile a summary list of various Viper wheels and wheels/tire weights.