When Will a Gen III Coupe be Available? I Want One Now!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the latest scoop? Is it a possibility? If so, how strong or remote? I'm preparing to buy an SRT-10 but will hold off (keep my 99 ACR) if a coupe will become available in the not too distant future. How about if some of you VCA Officers chime in here? Perhaps you have a wee bit of information.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have heard, there will not be a SRT Coupe. At least not with less than 650hp!! :headbang:

Come on, someone knows something!! Then again, who knew Bush was going to show up in Iraq on Thanksgiving!! :usa: :usa: :usa:

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not qualified to answer this, there are many on this board that are qualified, but from what I keep hearing, it would be 06-ish or so, IF ever.

DC needs to take the comp coupe, add lights, turn signals, street legal mufflers, and they are done! IMO! :D

If they ever do build one, and if they change the lines from the comp coupe, they will be making a big mistake!!! A street Coupe should mirror the comp coupe, period! IMO

Dive what you want, live like you want, otherwise you are living someone else's life. ;)

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they ever do build one, and if they change the lines from the comp coupe, they will be making a big mistake!!! A street Coupe should mirror the comp coupe, period! IMO

Amen, brother. That machine is a work of art. If Chrysler manages to produce a street legal version with 600+ horsepower, the SRT-Coupe will rule the automotive world. Let's see the car magazines try to ignore that bad boy! Long live the Dodge Viper.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If DC makes a street coupe I'll have to sell the ranch!!! :eek: :eek: :2tu: There's no way I could pass one of those up,,,,,,,,, After I'm divoced of course!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they ever do make a coupe with the specs you're all talking, we're looking at $100K. You won't be gettin' that for no $80K!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you guys think it would have to be $100k? Slap a roof on the SRT, and with a couple of add ons we're there! I'd be in line!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it would have to be $100,000. Throw a top on, switch the Hood and a couple other parts to Carbon Fiber, a couple minor changes to the engine, computer, and BAM! SRT Coupe with 650 hp @ 3200lbs, for $85,000! :headbang:
Let's not forget these cars will only go to VCA members!! :2tu:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would expect that any Coupe info would be pure speculation. Would not be suprised to see a prototype and some official information at the VOI-8.
About the time the Ford GT's are being delivered Dodge could play a major trump card by announcing their next Viper model.
Ford's waiting list for their retro racer would evaporate overnight.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Pauls theory. I've mentioned that possibility before regarding V0I8 and Ford. Now that we've seen the carbon model try to visualize one more thing....graft the rear end of the comp. coupe on to the SRT. The front is virtually identical now if you add the ground effects. Voila! You have your coupe, although it won't be a fastback, it will be a convertible with the hardtop bolted on. Or going a step further a fully formed notch back like the Z06. I'm sure DC would be happy to have the sales numbers that Chevy has for the Z06 and after seeing the carbon model I am convinced they will go this route. Your show cars are indicatve of the future cars you would like to build. I'm sure the SRT platform is strong enough already to be a coupe, my thinking comes from the history of the C5...originally designed with the strength of a convertible platform then put a coupe on it. If DC already built a platform strong enough for a convertible it is REAL easy for it to be strong enough to be a notchback or even a full coupe by adding the appropriate structure it would be twice as strong. And the thing that really racks my brain sometimes is once they built the comp. coupe how difficult coud it be to make that a production car by adapting the body molds to the SRT...sigh...ultimately this is about corporate profits and the mandate that every model must make money....the problem was the SRT was sold out so who cares, we're selling all we can make and the coupe will only be built when demand for the SRT falls off, well it has, if everthing I have heard is true...and that is why I think we saw the Carbon...I think as long as the current Chief Operating Officer is Wolfgang we will move ahead, albeit slowly and when DC can make a profit. Somebody with real good photoshop skills shoud graft a rear off a comp coupe or GTSR concept on the carbon. I can visualize it, I would buy it!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust the fact that DC says they will not have the Viper outshown --- Comp Coupe --- SEMA --- it's all pointing in one direction. I believe the only thing to stop them from a street coupe is company profitability.

Put me on the list --- #5.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting segment on Autoline Detroit today on Speed Channel. They were talking about the C6 and how eventually they'll have a super corvette with 650HP. I was surprised that these journalists thought the price tag would be $100K.
I still say it's hard to see a gen 3 coupe for less than that if we're talking similar power.
DC better get on the ball 'cause we ain't even hearing rumors at this point, let alone specifics like from GM.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, there are definitely rumors of a carbon fiber bodied (not frame/tub) 2900lb, 625HP ZL1 C6 Corvette to be released in about a year's time alongside the 500HP, sub-3000lb C6-Z06. And the best guess puts the C6/Z06 at $65K, and the ZL1 around $110-$125K (Ford GT priced).

Personally, I prefer the convertible SRT-10 to a coupe, and wouldn't buy one if it were built. But the SRT-Coupe does NEED to be built, and I think that it should be around 3150 lbs and 700HP+ to really compete with the best supercars out there.

If DC did the same head/cam breathing mods as the SEMA Carbon, threw on a mild boost supercharger for 725HP, added a built-in rollbar structure and factory coupe roof.
Then if they could keep the price under $100K they would surely sell as many as they could build. :laugh:

The Viper needs to be compared to the $650K Ferrari Enzo and $400K Carrera GT, rather than with the $55K Corvette and $35K Mustang.

-Dean.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its coming quicker than anyone could imagine.Remember me when you hear about it soon. A.J.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you check back,I was predicting the white 04 srt before it was even talked about.Everyone was talking yellow,and I guaranteed white.Look for info on the coupe made public within 30 days.Production to come fast after that.Yellow will be a color!!No more to be said.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A.J.'s got me at the edge of my seat now. 30 days and counting. I'm going to sell something and start clearing a spot! :2tu:

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By "within 30 days" I assume you mean during press days of the Detroit or L.A. auto show?

If this is rumor is true, I think you hit the nail on the head. My guess is the Detroit auto show.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you guys do this to me?????!!!!!!!!!!!
The wife is gonna kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think sellin' the ranch to buy a car is goin' to
go over too well...... :rolleyes:
counting ViperRay,, I'm # 8

p.s. how much they get for kids????? :smirk: ;) :rolleyes:

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been priming my wife for a year now that when a coupe is made, we're buying. I'm keeping the GTS and finishing the detached garage out into a Viper pit for 2 snakes.

I'm in for one most definitely. I'll take mine in silver.
:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21