Wher to buy race gas?

RoadKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a quick search and couldn't find the answer for my dumb question(s).

1) Where do I find 100-103 high octance "race fuel"?
2) Is it OK to mix with the 93 octane or do I run the take empty first?

Want to see how much differnece this makes with the ROE SC.

Thanks.......

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not simply get a barrel of 110 Octane...blend it 50/50 with your 93...This should put you up around 100 Octane...

Most Speed/Race shops will have this...shouldn't be hard to find in SA...Would be best if you could be at or new a DynoJet with a wide-band 02 sensor so you can properly tune and learn how this helps your huffer....And report back!!!

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VP Racing Fuels are available in most local speed shops in a variety of octane ratings. Be sure to use race-Unleaded or else the lead will ruin your 02 sensors and cats if you still have them on.

Has anyone tried Sunoco 94?

Warren.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with a few speed shops around your area. They can probably tell you where you can by 100 unleaded out of the pump. If you buy it by the 5 gallon jug or 55 gallon drum it will cost more than out of the pump.....meaning convenience store. If you use leaded expect your 02's to start reacting slower as the lead builds up. True leaded race fuel is usually higher, 110, 118 octane range. The difference that you see will be based on how much timing you can add.......if you are pulling timing out. Have you considered nos octane booster, it is the only booster that Kenne-Bell recommends. I am just now starting adjusting timing with the nos booster.They use the AutoRotor on all their systems. There is a ton of forced induction info on their web site. I offered on another post to get anyone nos octane booster at my dealer cost if anyone is interested. Here is a bunch of octane tidbits. http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/jimbells-supercharged-perf-guide.pdf

Do you have the msd now...if so what is it set at for 93 octane ?

Edit: Jegs nos (off road grade) octane booster is $9.99 each. I can get it at $6.35 per can, just have to get it by the case....6 cans. There is a $5.00 handling fee on top of regular shipping for orders under $50.00 so I ordered myself two cases. Any other nos items at a good discount also.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RoadKing:
Did a quick search and couldn't find the answer for my dumb question(s).

1) Where do I find 100-103 high octance "race fuel"?
2) Is it OK to mix with the 93 octane or do I run the take empty first?

Want to see how much differnece this makes with the ROE SC.

Thanks.......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VP Hydrocarbons is on the south side - inside Loop 1604, between I-37 and US 181. Call 635-7744 and tell them you want a barrel of unleaded Motorsport 103.

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/index2.html?mgiToken=D031D802335A0B5A1

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the UK you can approach airfields to buy their aviation gas, is guaranteed 100% octane (and Supercharged engines love it).
yesnod.gif
...find someone that really flys!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I know that many have said that they use leaded race fuel and are happy...just be SURE that you use an oil that will "hold" the lead deposit in suspension...and synthetics have a problematic history here...dating back to WW II, and more recently with the problems encountered using Mobil synthetic aircraft oil formulation used in the late 80's to early 90's... according to my reading.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nadine UK GTS:
In the UK you can approach airfields to buy their aviation gas, is guaranteed 100% octane (and Supercharged engines love it).
yesnod.gif
...find someone that really flys!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nadine,

In the US, 100 LL (Low Lead) AvGas STILL has more lead per gallon than the highest leaded pump motor fuels of the '60's and '70's. If you are still running cats, this AvGas will render them useless in short order.

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
Warren S -

Info on Sunoco 94 is here - http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/016198.html

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kenny,

Thanks for the thread. Sounds like the Sunoco 94 works great. I wish we could get it here in California, the highest pump gas is only 91. Ouch, the price I pay for living in California. I'm jealous of you guys out there that can buy the 93 octane and even the Sunoco 94.

bounce.gif

Warren.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For stock cars we used a Sunoco product, CAM2. I think it has lots of lead so if you have cats it might screw things up. Oxygen sensors too perhaps. The CAM2 cost $3.50/gal ten years ago. There is an oval track and a dragstrip close to here and a few of the gas stations near the tracks have a pump for CAM2.

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is correct! A 100 octane aviation fuel is low lead, but has lead in it. I also fly in Sweden and Norway and there 100 octane also has low lead, which will destroy the cats.

OP
OP
R

RoadKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the information.

Dean - Ordering up a barrell this week. Heard a lot about you, hope to meet you soon at an upcoming event.

Will post results soon.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc