where can i find the best prices on an exhaust?

markus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i've checked the vendors websites and i think i found a price on only 1 or 2 of them. i need high flow cats and a cat back system for a gen 3. if anybody even knows of anybody selling a used set i'd be eternally greatful. thanks very much.

viperB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The VCA classifieds has a set of B&B exhaust for $1,100.

Reaction score
how so? cats are what i actually NEED to replace.

There have been failures and melted cats, The stock ones hold up much better in my mind and unless you run no cats you are talking about 2-4 hp. If your cats are all bad though you may not have a choice that is cheaper than the RT solution. Maybe someone on here has an old take off set they would sell you cheaper?

OP
OP
M

markus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
truth be told i already ordered a set of rt hf's. in the interim i was thinking of just gutting the stockers.
i appreciate your help!

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get with 'GTS-R 001'. He's having a 'Garage Sale' and has excellent prices. Look for the thread 'Garage Sale'. I think his Corsas were $1,000 a set. I think they are 'slightly used'. He also has B&B's and Borla.

John B or Mark would be my next choice. JB had some used sets when I talked to him.

Buy a set for me while you're at it. I'm trying to pool some funds for a few upgrades. Do you need a NOS Set up? I have one in the classified section. Sorry, had to plug my ad.

OP
OP
M

markus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol no worries bro. not much of an n2o man myself, although i'd never rule it out. thanks for the advice, i went with jonb, that guy always seems to make money off of my misfortunes!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the Corsa in stock, but I will not sell HF RT cats, don't trust them or think they are worth the trouble IMHO.

There have been failures and melted cats, The stock ones hold up much better in my mind and unless you run no cats you are talking about 2-4 hp. If your cats are all bad though you may not have a choice that is cheaper than the RT solution. Maybe someone on here has an old take off set they would sell you cheaper?

I hate to say Phooey on a fellow, respected vendor, but PHOOEY.

RT Cats are made in USA, have a 5-year written warrantee, and the warrantee history is an open book. We have thousands of these installed on Vipers since 1999.....and fewer than 10 warrantee claims in that time. One customer had TWO claims, and his tuner says it was 'other issues' that caused the failure. RT treats each rare claim generously and objectively, and PartsRack makes sure they do! Not a battle.

Random tech cats include an extra, custom, "wash" of the costly substrate coating that ensures they pass CA, and last 5 years. They quote guaranteed flow rates in CFM, and are proud to place their NAME proudly on the cat. Several tuners buy these with regularity, as does a major exhaust manufacturer.

We used to carry the cheaper, un-named brand, with its higher profit margin, and we still could. We stand behind, prefer, and recommend RANDOM TECH Cats for several reasons as above.

When considering a cat, KNOW what "brand" you are actually buying, where it is made, its flow rate, and its warrantee. All in writing, not just verbally. You will do well to choose Random Tech.

Last edited:

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Ebay, I bought my Bellangers complete used set including side pipes. Don't remember the price, but knowing my spending habits, I'm sure they were cheap. John

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte