Where to drive to on vacation?

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am on vacation May 31st thru June 2nd and I have no place to go. Do you have any suggestions? I want to take my Viper and my wife for a ride. We do not like historical stuff and she likes the beach and I don't. I thought of doing Skyline drive in West Virginia but they do not allow loud cars in there. Also The speed limit is 35MPH. I live in Harrisburg and would like to go in a direction of nice weather. Please give me suggestions I only have 2 days to decide where to go or else I'm just going to drive.

Bolt

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ocean City, Maryland?? The boardwalk AND beach for the wife?!! We've done that and it's tons of fun...can drive the Viper there as well...just a suggestion! Have Fun, Drive Safe... ~juli~

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,

What about the Blue Mountain Parkway in Northern VA and stay in a few bed and breakfasts? Won't be a lot of Gawkers at the car which I know you like :) But plenty of Fresh air.

We have been wanting to do it for years now.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell the truth, you are just looking for someplace where everybody hasn't caught your remote act:rolaugh:

Head down to the mountains of North Carolina / Blowing Rock Area

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bob,

What about the Blue Mountain Parkway in Northern VA and stay in a few bed and breakfasts? Won't be a lot of Gawkers at the car which I know you like :) But plenty of Fresh air.

We have been wanting to do it for years now.

45 MPH max but I can't find any restrictions to loud cars. I'll try going 45 tomorrow to see if that is posible.

Bolt

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm starting to narrow it down. Guess the beach thing is a must for the wife. My neighbor has a house near Bethany Beach Delaware. We are leaving Thursday morning but we do not have to meet them at their house till Friday night so I need to take the long way there.

Do you have any road suggestions to waste time getting there.

Bolt

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now I'm thinking of goint to Roanoke Va. Then head for the shore. Does anyone know of anything in Roanoke?

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leaving Now!

Leaving Harrisburg at 5:00am Thursday going 81 to Middletown Va at 7:30 going into the blue Ridge trail at 8:30 and should show up in Roanoke around 11:30 am. Leaving Roanoke around 10:00am Friday, Heading to Bethany Beach Delaware and I'll be there till Sunday.

Bolt

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you heading down to Roanoke. Check out Smith Lake. Find a rental, relax...

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Left Harrisburg Pennsylvania took 81 south to Front Royal Virginia. Front Royal is a small beautiful town.
Skipped over Skyline drive and took a beautiful valley road route 340 to the beginning of Blue Ridge Park.
Drove on Blue Ridge Park for 112 miles on a Thursday. No traffic and road rally type turns. I gave my 4th and 5th gear and breaks a good workout. Mph is 45 and at times I was doing 60 comfortably.
Exited to Roanoke Virginia to where I made a turn to Smith Mountain Lake to a bed and breakfast. (Love Stone Inn) Very nice!
Next morning we left about 10:00 and got on route 40 East heading towards Ocean City Maryland.
As I was passing thru Kenbridge I developed an exhaust leak at my header collector. I called Chuck Tator and Ed Rist and they gave me good advice. I stopped at an auto parts store and got some silicone sealer and stopped at a Ace hardware store and got some tools. I was advised to head home but the wife wanted to go to the beach. I stopped at a old time muffler shop and the mechanic tried getting the car on his lift. It would not fit. He told me he was not going to touch a car so expensive like this one. So he backed it outside. He allowed me to work on my car in his grass beside his garage. It took me three hours but I ripped off my rocker pannel and disassembled my exhaust collector at the Y. I took the blown gaskets in to the mechanic and he found some metal gaskets which will work great for me. I put everything back together and I was back on the road by 4:30.
We finished driving on Route 40 to Norfolk. This was total of 7 hour ride on route 40. Very beautiful and no traffic for a Friday. We went thru the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel to Bethany Beach to our destination.
Saturday we hung out in Ocean City and all the people where gawking at my Viper.
Sunday it rained and we headed home. Drove 200 miles in the rain so you can imagine what my car looks like.
Overall it was a great vacation/road trip. I want to thank Chuck Tator and Ed Rist for helping me in the time of my break down. Sometime a phone call is so important. These guys are true friends!

Total distance was 1,101 miles.

I’ll add pictures tonight.

Bolt

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Bolt,

:needpics:

Here you go.

The link to all the pictures: http://imageevent.com/bolt/roadtrip

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Bolt

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a reflection, or is the speedo needle living up to your screen name?:nono: :lmao: :drive:
Great Pics!:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456