Where to get Winglets?

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking at adding winglets to my ride soon. Can anyone recommend a good place to get them? Also, do they come prepainted, how are they attached to the car? Thanks!

Bat™

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I got my mopar winglets from Chuck when they were cheap, beleive prices have shot up over the last couple of years, they come in primer with holes pre-drilled for bolting to your front fascia.

I didnt like the idea, of drilling holes in the fascia so I used 3M VHB tape instead and screw caps to cover the pre-drilled holes they've been on about 3 years and around 155mph and they are still hanging on :)

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the time Neil got his winglets from me, I bought a bunch of them. May of 04 they were $53.70 each. Todays price is $62.95 each, so until my stock of them is gone I'm selling them at the 04 price PLUS 20% off! = $42.96 each :cool: [six sets left] and they are in primer so you'll need to paint them in your color.

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the time Neil got his winglets from me, I bought a bunch of them. May of 04 they were $53.70 each. Todays price is $62.95 each, so until my stock of them is gone I'm selling them at the 04 price PLUS 20% off! = $42.96 each :cool: [six sets left] and they are in primer so you'll need to paint them in your color.

Can you paint them and then send them out?

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Chuck, you have pm ;) .

Bat™

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I got my mopar winglets from Chuck when they were cheap, beleive prices have shot up over the last couple of years, they come in primer with holes pre-drilled for bolting to your front fascia.

I didnt like the idea, of drilling holes in the fascia so I used 3M VHB tape instead and screw caps to cover the pre-drilled holes they've been on about 3 years and around 155mph and they are still hanging on :)

I'm thinking of doing the same with mine. Anyone else go this route and used 3m tape rather than drilling holes into the bumper?

Bat™

Reaction score
Mine were (and still are) mounted with 3M tape. I have exceeded the speed limit, slightly, just to test. :) No problems at all....and they are still on the fascia, sitting in storage.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took mine up to a local body shop and had them molded to the body, looks factory done, I freakin love them.....

I believe I bought mine from (VIPERMED),and I would not trust this guy with anyother Viper purchase.IMHO

BTW Tony, I did not notice connards on your new Venom Facia, did I miss them??

Reaction score
Nope...they aren't on the new fascia. All body work (for this year) is done. :)

I can confirm that the cannards, as well as the molded mounts for the Partsrack wing look awesome on BLUESNAKE367's car!

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm??? Winglets i've never heard of them until just now. Does someone have a full picture so i can see them? I see them in that one picture but its hard to visualize them from a full frontal view. Do they go on an RT/10.? I'm lost?

Reaction score
BLUESNAKE367 Post Pics :)

Tony - why dont you let me get your old fascia from you so it doesn't have to sit lonely in storage ;) I have to have my fascia repainted if not :(

Mike,
I actually have MY fascia, and another spare (hanging on the wall in my office). I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement. :)

Old pic:
2IMGP0131-med.JPG

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck PM SENT, save me a set :2tu:

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've only been around here 3 years and never heard of a winglet. Who wants to give up the info on what the hell a winglet is?????

Reaction score

A non-Viper Owner like yourself should have a look at the 1998 GT2 Viper. I think you would be the only person in the world to consider that rice. But, then....you don't own a Viper, so you can hardly be expected to have any type of educated opinion on anything concerning the car.

Gerald,
These are just the little winglets (cannards) found on te 98 GT2, the Oreca cars....etc. I'll find a pic of the GT2 and post.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A non-Viper Owner like yourself should have a look at the 1998 GT2 Viper. I think you would be the only person in the world to consider that rice. But, then....you don't own a Viper, so you can hardly be expected to have any type of educated opinion on anything concerning the car.
LOL I totally agree with you, they definately do not look rice.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are supposed to give a bit more downforce to the front end, check out any Lemans car they all use them :)

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 06 coupe, blue and silver, will winglets work for my year. SSNAKE is just jealous because the only SSNAKE he will be handleing is his own, and he needs to change his name to water SSNAKE

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang