Where to go in CT for Emissions?

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Danbury CT, and I am due for an emissions test AGAIN. When I first bought the car, the place i took it to had a bunch of morons. They couldn't even figure out how to open the hood, they greased up the whole car and had to do it 3 times to get it right. Where can i take the car that they will either let me drive it in or that i can trust to take care of it really nice? Thanks in advance for your advice....

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 places I know of, but both are pretty far from you. Wallingford has a station that has just a static test for low cars like ours. The other is in Middletown. They also did a static test for me by getting permission. They let me drive it in, and I know them well. Shoot me a PM if you get it done in Middletown, and I'll help you out.
~Craig

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Craig, thanks a bunch for you advice. Cheshire is closer for me, but Middletown is about an extra 15 - 20 minutes, so not that big of a deal. What is a Static test? I would love some help. Thanks again!

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The static test is the one where they don't have to put the rear wheels of your car up on the rollers, which is usually up on a ramp and can scrape the front end. In Cheshire, I believe I may have been mistaken.They put it on rollers, but it is level with the ground, so no front end issues.

I had my car done in Middletown last year at Personal Auto Care, 60 Dekoven Drive (860-346-9845). About 2 minutes from my job. A great bunch of guys and I know them well. They were able to call the DMV and get permission so my car would not have to go up on the ramp, otherwise, they said I would have to go to Cheshire.

Let me know if you need any help in Middletown. I could always check with them to see if they could do the same for you and I could meet you there.
~Craig

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys there is also one I take my cars to in Wallingford!!! Very professional and you can stand right there. I have taken my lowered 98 there and had no problems!!!

Avery Brothers Inc. 120 Dudley Ave. Wallingford (203) 949-0770

If you want I can meet up with you. PM me. Make it a lunch date. :D

You must be registered for see images

D

DAMN YANKEE

Local boy here too. Lets get together this Spring.

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys thanks again for the great advice and the offerings to help! Monroe is probaby the closest for me, but then again I guess it really does not make a difference. Middletown and Wallingford are probably both about an hour or so.....Yes lets all get together this spring....That would be great! I would like to get the emissions done this week or next week if possible the Due date is 3/13, but i think i have 30 days extra to get it done right? :2tu:

THanks,

James

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Danbury CT, and I am due for an emissions test AGAIN. When I first bought the car, the place i took it to had a bunch of morons. They couldn't even figure out how to open the hood, they greased up the whole car and had to do it 3 times to get it right. Where can i take the car that they will either let me drive it in or that i can trust to take care of it really nice? Thanks in advance for your advice....

James, I live in Cheshire and I used Anderson Auto on W. Main Street. They simply used the OBDII port I believe. Very cool to work with, knew what they were doing. Took good care of the car and let me oversee the whole thing. Give them a call. If you're in the area, let me know.

- Tony

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks Tony. I am thinking i will go the MOnroe route, only because it will be easy and I want to get it done now....Marcus Dairy, this year Tony....

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm there! You'll hear me coming a mile away...I just got done installing my Belanger system :D .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang