Whi Mamba

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, and at $70k it would be nice.

Only problem is it will need aggressive tuning and TTs to make over 1000rwhp w/o juice.

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like a good deal if everything is as he says it is...

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the car at PBJ's shop a couple of times. As far as I know it has no issues, the owner just wants to get rid of it. Contact the owner through ebay and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow... can't believe there are no bids on this car. Must be over $50k in mods there. Seems like a steal to me at that price. I'm tempted to buy it and sell my stock '04.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen and heard the car in person. Joe Donovan built it. The guy that owns it goes through cars like most people go through underwear. I believe he already has a new C6Z06 a new SUV and still has his GTS with a TON of work being done to it. The SRT-10 was just another toy.

That thing makes a scary amount of power, even without the bottle.

The owner's name is Charlie. Nice guy. Either he or Joe Donovan should be able to answer any questions.

-built bottom end
-heads
-cam
-blower
-upgraded fuel system
-VEC 2
-headers/exhaust

And yes, the car is a STEAL at that price.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen and heard the car in person. Joe Donovan built it. The guy that owns it goes through cars like most people go through underwear. I believe he already has a new C6Z06 a new SUV and still has his GTS with a TON of work being done to it. The SRT-10 was just another toy.

That thing makes a scary amount of power, even without the bottle.

The owner's name is Charlie. Nice guy. Either he or Joe Donovan should be able to answer any questions.

-built bottom end
-heads
-cam
-blower
-upgraded fuel system
-VEC 2
-headers/exhaust

And yes, the car is a STEAL at that price.

I may have an interest in this car. I have never heard of Joe Donovan (PBJ) and don't know what kind of reputation he has.

Does anyone here have any fisthand knowledge of this guy and his work?

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valentine,

I DO personally have knowledge of Joe Donovan (Performance by Joe) as do several other Viper owners in the midwest and all over the country. Check any thread related to finding a tuner in the midwest, and you undboutedly find Joe's name at the top of the list.

He worked for Dodge for something like 20 years and has been a Viper Tech for a good deal of that time. He owns his own shop and is one of the few independent shops who is authorized to do warranty work on Vipers.

He also makes several of his own products including some upgraded airboxes and catch cans.

The work Joe has done on my car is incredible. I'm sure there are dozens of others on this board who can vouch for the quality of his work.

I'd give Joe or Charlie (the owner) a call and talk to them about the car. Like I said, I've seen it and heard it (although I didn't get a chance to ride in it). It's quite a machine.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I just got off the phone with Joe Donovan and he seems like a great guy. Glad to hear his reputation is what I expected after speaking with him. The car sounds like a beast. Only problem would be driving it on the stock tires. Definetly needs a set of 18s with R compounds. I'm considering taking a flight out to see the car myself if it doesn't sell today.

Thanks again for the help.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was looking for help/feedback from fellow VCA members on a car "I" was interested in buying. :2tu:

I wasnt looking to have my post hi-jacked or to have someone try to buy it out from under me. :bonker:

Thanks

Hmmmm... I missed of missed the post where you called "dibbs". If your goal was to keep the car a secret, pointing it out on a Viper forum was probably not a great idea. There are other ways to research a car other than highlighting it to the world. After all, it was up for public auction and I doubt the owner would appreciate you trying to discourage others from taking an interest in his car. I watched the auction till the end and didn't see any bids on it (much to my surprise). That being said, I was not trying to hijack your thread and I did not bid against you. If you want the car, quit whining and buy it. I'm certainly not standing in your way.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow more helpful advice, Please remind me again which button was I supposed to click on.

Is your ebay motto, Buy It Now then Back Out Later?

HELLO, the PURPOSE of this thread was to get more info on the car, not rush into a hasty decision of buying it 1st and asking questions later.

"THANK YOU TOO"

Pointing out what may have been an extremely good deal on a Viper that is on public auction to a few hundred Viper owners and enthusiasts when you yourself hope to buy it is at best, foolish. :buttkick: Getting upset that others may have taken an interest in the car after you brought it to their attention is just plain stupid. Getting angry that someone else got involved in your thread is childish. This is a "Forum"... remember? Had I opened my own thread about the same car and presented the same comments and questions, I doubt very much that you would have been any less upset. I was completely up-front about my intentions and gave you every opportunity to act. Nothing was done behind your back.

I have decided to pass (for now) on the car. In part, because I feel you should have first right of refusal since you did spot it first. If the car is still available in a couple weeks, then I may decide to buy it. So, if you want the car, step up and buy it. If not, step aside and let others take their shot.

Best of luck to you and no hard feelings, at least on my part. Life is too short to spend time stewing over minor issues, real or perceived. :2tu:

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since the owner of the car is a friend of mine, and Joe Donovan (who built the car) is my tuner, I guess technically I should be entitled to first rights to the car. :)

In all seriousness, the guy who owns the car is a "spare no expense" kind of guy and the guy who built the car is one of the best tuners in the country, in my opinion. The car is clean, no accidents, paint looked great and it is a beast. Generally, it just sits up at the owner's car dealership under a soft car cover.

It makes a TON of power. If you've never owned a 900 rwhp car, please be careful. On the 104 octane tune, the car will light the tires up in 4th gear from about an 80 mph punch. It's the real deal. I think on pump gas, Joe can dial it down to around 800 rwhp. Still a handful. BUT, if you know how to keep your foot out of it and/or shift like you're going to the grocery store, you'd never know the blower was there. It's a subtle car to drive....until you put your foot in it.

I have seriously been considering buying the car for myself since before he put it on ebay. If my finances would enable it, I'd keep my supercharged GTS AND buy this car.

Think about it this way: a 2004 white Mamba with only 5,000 miles will sell for around $62,000-65,000 BONE STOCK. For another $10k, you get about $50k worth of modifications. That's a steal in my book!.