Which car cover and where?

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm having a little battle of the car cover choices for the Viper going on here! Seems like there is 10 different makes and types to choose from.

Of course the snake will be garaged but all the same needs a cover, I lean towards the softest possible but still tough enough to keep the rain off just in case.

Who is the best supplier and what would you all recommend for keeping a 98 RT safe from the elements. Thanks for the help! Dan

Reaction score
"Dustop" by Covercraft, hands down, there is no better car cover. It cost me $156.95 (04/28/05) through www.autoanything.com.
My Viper is garaged and covered and I did a lot of research on this subject before making my decision.
I am extremely happy with the choice I made, almost a year later.

I even called Covercraft-the manufacturer before buying and spoke to the the head cheese, and this is what he recommended for my application (same as yours).
The material is made by kimberly Clark.

It is custom fit for your Viper and does indeed fit perfectly, and is as soft as they come, and doesn't damage the paint finish whatsoever, keeps the dust at bay and the kids can brush against it (they don't) without damaging my paint.

I hope this helps.

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just saved me from a real headache on this topic! I REALLY, REALLY appreciate the heads up on your prior research and testimonial so I can get on with it! Thanks again!

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, another vote for the Covercraft Dustop. I've been covering cars for 20 years, using all different brands. The Dustop that I got for my Viper GTS is the best I've ever owned.

Mike M

viperva

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the one straight from the dealer. it fits perfect and it sheilds weather. a little pricey if you have no connections at your parts dept. though.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Dustop" by Covercraft, hands down, there is no better car cover. It cost me $156.95 (04/28/05) through www.autoanything.com.

yeh I saw on here autoanything was a good site to order on so I did the same thing. I went for the tan flannel one-it is custom fit for the GTS and is extremely soft! I feel like I am putting a baby away for the night when I put it on the Viper :headbang:

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's $10 bucks off to the first guy here who uses the code. Thanks for the initial help in finding one from autoanything!

$10 OFF YOUR NEXT AUTOANYTHING ORDER
To thank you for your purchase and show our appreciation, we're giving you $10 off your next order*.

To receive your discount, enter your coupon code - SC77934 into the Enter Coupon Code box during check out and click the REDEEM button.

Thanks again guys!

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to return the favor to one of the crew here. The trick to the cover is to put the mirror pockets over the mirrors first, otherwise it's a tight fit!

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been happy with the California Car Cover gray cotton "plushweave" covers- they are not very bulky or heavy, yet thick enough to provide a litte bit of protection. They are around $200 new. Very soft, all cotton, and lined. I have an extra one for an RT10 or GTS, nice and clean, for $99 if anyone needs one.

I also like the formfits, the colors are great, but they are indeed pricy!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte