Which Drag Radial

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want to interpret that for us.

I apologize Jack for the confussion............I was just sayin that the tire that Camfad is talkin about...to me.......is what I call the ole M/T ET Street Slick I use to swear by, it has a few small groves here and there on it.....but Now the new M/T Street Radial tire that this Forum started talkin about has groves more like a street tire but it works AWESOME on cars that are now running mid to low 4s, 1/8th mi ETs as on my Son's car, and it works GREAT on the street as a daily driver tire, (for me anyway), drive to the track run what ever your car is capable of running, with AWESOME 60' times just like a real Slick race tire and yet I do hwy speeds, turn curves, etc with no problems at all.......too me it is a far better tire for all out Drag Racing, yet totally streetable for everyday driving.......When people see a car with 1000 + h.p on the street....they think it will just fry the tires and all that h.p. isn't going to be able to hook up....Well they would be shocked to find out it will launch your car like a rocket leaving them sitting there spinning their tires while you are GONE........do I make any sense..?????? GET THE M/T STREET Radial P345/35/18, in my case......:2tu: :omg: :headbang:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I apologize Jack for the confussion............I was just sayin that the tire that Camfad is talkin about...to me.......is what I call the ole M/T ET Street Slick I use to swear by, it has a few small groves here and there on it.....but Now the new M/T Street Radial tire that this Forum started talkin about has groves more like a street tire but it works AWESOME on cars that are now running mid to low 4s, 1/8th mi ETs as on my Son's car, and it works GREAT on the street as a daily driver tire, (for me anyway), drive to the track run what ever your car is capable of running, with AWESOME 60' times just like a real Slick race tire and yet I do hwy speeds, turn curves, etc with no problems at all.......too me it is a far better tire for all out Drag Racing, yet totally streetable for everyday driving.......When people see a car with 1000 + h.p on the street....they think it will just fry the tires and all that h.p. isn't going to be able to hook up....Well they would be shocked to find out it will launch your car like a rocket leaving them sitting there spinning their tires while you are GONE........do I make any sense..?????? GET THE M/T STREET Radial P345/35/18, in my case......:2tu: :omg: :headbang:

See above the link on page 1 that MoparRacing mentioned........That is the EXACT tire to get............:headbang:

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine came in this week, Summit has them in stock.

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 345 MT drag radials mounted and have run them on the street for about a week. They definitely hook on the street, the strip is the next test. They do really handle well and are hard to tell from the PS2 when driving normally. Here is some interesting data:

These are tires/wheels that I am currently using:

1. (New) 345 X 35 X 18 MT ET drag radials (13" thread/27.5" diameter) on 2000 oem wheels: 69 lbs.

2. 255 X 26 X 16 MT ET drag radial (10.50" thread/26" diameter) on CCW wheels: 46 lbs

3. 12 x 26 X 16 M&H bias ply (12" thread/26" diameter) on CCW wheels: 39 lbs

4. 335 X 35 X 17 PS2 on CCW wheels: 56 lbs

I like the new MT 345's but, what huge diff from the M&H that I have been using. The strip will be the decision maker on which is best.

For those that have run these on the street. what PSI have you been running at. I have them at 28 PSI and they handle very nice.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that's a crazy huge difference in weight, my only question is......................does the majority of the weight (69 lbs) come from those boat anchor 1999+ stock wheels? All your other examples seem to be on CCW wheels which I assume are much lighter.

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CCW's are 10 to 15 lbs lighter per application. The M&H bias plys are a very light tire. That 12" slicks/CCW combo is actually about the same weight as the skinnies.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I drove here to Tennessee to do the Tail of the Dragon with the Alabama/Tennessee Viper Club and the Mickey Thompson
Radial is AWESOME.....I drove the Dragon at all speeds in the rain all day Friday and dry roads all day Saturday and these tires held the road under these conditions better then any tire I have used..I ran 30 lbs of air on the entire trip.....They hook and grip the road like glue..Not a drop of trouble on the curves at high speeds and drove 80 mph or so from Florida to Tennessee. ASK THE Tennessee members how this tire worked for my Viper.....I believe they were surprised how well this tire worked thru the mountains,wet roads, dry roads, etc......This. Is the ONLy tire I will be puttin on the rear of my Viper for daily driving and DRAG Racing......What more can I say to everyone to buy this tire....My 2 cents......:2tu::headbang:L

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I drove here to Tennessee to do the Tail of the Dragon with the Alabama/Tennessee Viper Club and the Mickey Thompson
Radial is AWESOME.....I drove the Dragon at all speeds in the rain all day Friday and dry roads all day Saturday and these tires held the road under these conditions better then any tire I have used..I ran 30 lbs of air on the entire trip.....They hook and grip the road like glue..Not a drop of trouble on the curves at high speeds and drove 80 mph or so from Florida to Tennessee. ASK THE Tennessee members how this tire worked for my Viper.....I believe they were surprised how well this tire worked thru the mountains,wet roads, dry roads, etc......This. Is the ONLy tire I will be puttin on the rear of my Viper for daily driving and DRAG Racing......What more can I say to everyone to buy this tire....My 2 cents......:2tu::headbang:L

I was waiting to see when you'd post. Roy was a bit apprehencious at first (as should be), and I asked him how it felt in the rain. We were both quite surprised. Glad to see y'all both come up and drive it all the way. :headbang: