Which high flow cats to buy?

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did you purchase the high flow cats that you did? Is there fitment issues with the ovel ones (such as roes)? Is it worth the added cost to get the ovels?

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Random Tech Ceramic Cats from Parts Rack. I asked Jon about the non-ceramic cats but he said to get the ceramic ones instead. The non-ceramic cats are only for really high HP applications and they tend to have a more tinny sound than the ceramic cats.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you get the 2.25" or the 3"?

What will you be doing with the exhuast system? Will you be changing headers? If so, you have to go with the 3". If you just buy the exhaust then you will need the 2 1/2 inch cats.

I didn't really see the purpose of just buying the exhuast. If you really want the full sound, you need the headers. Not only will it make your exhaust sound much better, but the extra 1/2" in flow really improves performance as well.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Random Tech Ceramic Cats from Parts Rack.

Are the 2.25" mid flow cats this type. It does not identify on the web site. I'm running a stock exhaust without the rear muffler. I'm concerned that "catless" will be to loud.

Good question. Call JonB at (360) 837-3937 and he will tell you. Catless would definitely be louder. Just play it safe and get the high flow cats.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running stock exhaust manifolds/shorty headers into RT ceramic 3" cats and B&B 3" catback. Love the sound, sidesills run cooler. Great burble on decel. If I decide to add headers at some point, the 3" cats are already in place. There were no fitment issues.

The car is definitely NOT quiet, but is not Harley loud.