Which is the best flywheel?

JiPi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what I just read doing a quick search, RPS is the way to go.
But I want to make sure it is correct.
It's for a my friend's daily driver 04 SRT.
What about Fidanza, Comp Coupe, McLeod, TNT, …?

Where to buy it?

The car has headers and exhaust. Heads and cam are coming soon. Is the stock clutch ok or he needs to upgrade it too? If so, which one do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

GOT VENM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rps is a piece of S*** and the owners dont care about there product. Take it from me a $40,000 mistake.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
lightweight flywheels for SRT-10:

The comp coupe is steel

The others are aluminum with an insert.

If you want a lighter flywheel, with your mods I'd go with the comp coupe one.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would use the Mopar Alloy Steel flywheel with a Centerforce clutch. The Mopar number is P4510169. It has a reduction over the stock flywheel of 9.4 lbs ( 31% )of flywheel mass and a 39% in rotating inertia. It uses the stock size clutch and throwout bearing. It also requires no crank trigger changes or calibration changes.

I hope this helps,

Robbie

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My supplier is at lunch. Give me an Hour.

Please let me know the price on this as well. I'm getting a new tranny from DC in a couple weeks, so I was thinking of going to light weight flywheel while I have the trans out.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
JiPi,

I have used the following in my SRT-10:

The RPS flywheel works quite well. I ran one in my 750 rwhp SRT-10 for about 10,000 miles without any issues. Unless they've made some changes recently, I would not mess with - read buy - their clutches and pressure plates for Viper, but their billet flywheel is a nice piece.

The Mcleod unit works well too. I am currently running that in my SRT-10 - I changed to their twin disk setup after rebuilding my engine (more power). Their new twin disk unit with clutch and pressure plate works very well, closet to stock effort levels and smoothness and holds 850 rwhp without issue.

The stock Luk clutch works very well up to about the power level of a heads and cam job. You should be fine with this.

The center force dual friction clutch unit (with modded Luk pressure plate) seems to be a little bit stronger than the stock Luk clutch / pp combo. It is lighter and holds the power a bit better.

I have not used the comp coupe flywheel, but I think it's a bit heavier (it's steel) than the other billet aluminum pieces and I don't think it's rebuildable.

Good luck,

Dan :usa:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rps is a piece of S*** and the owners dont care about there product. Take it from me a $40,000 mistake.

So it's YOUR car that's being rebuilt at Tator's...

Will this Comp Coupe flywheel fit on a Gen 2?