Which MGW shift knob?

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While waiting to place my '04 order, I thought I might get some accessories to look at while I wait.

Anyone got a preference between the two MGW shift knobs? Both look great. Is one shorter than the other? The First Strike looks like it might be better for quick shifting. Which one feels more comfortable?

Any help is appreciated. The shifter knob, radio button, AC rings, license plate frame, and cup holder bezel are definite buys.

Now all I'll need is a Woodhouse Viper to go with them!

Dave

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

I am in the exact same situation as you i.e. wating for my 04 from the King Bill P and at the same time contemplating my wish list of accessories to go with it.

My list currently looks as follows (in no particular order except that it will go in the car within the first week):

- MGW: first strike knob (I understand this is the way to go)
- MGW: Oil cap
- MGW: License plate frame
- Rader detector - V1 (selected by default)
- Zaino: car wash stuff
- Mopar: Trunk kit
- Floor mats (still don't know who nakes the best ones)
- Car cover (any suggestions appreciated)

What color will you be ordering - me I am going for YELLOW - hehe - if not available I will have go for black.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's vendors like George (MGW) that make Viper ownership that much better!

My silver SRT is now sporting the Snake Gripper with Gray logo! Absolutely PERFECT!

Looks factory stock (with a great Fangs logo!).... yet is inches shorter!

OP
OP
F

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hans: You must be the first person in line for an '04, because you had your deposit with Woodhouse much earlier than mine. I'm number #2, per the mighty Bill P.

I forgot about the MGW oil cap. That is on my list also. I have a V1. Saved me from tickets many times. I guess the trunk kit and floor mats (don't know the best brand either) are on there too.

I'm getting Red, my favorite color. Two of my Corvettes were red.

I cannot wait to be a real memmber of the VCA, instead of an onlooker. I've been hanging around this board since 2001.

Joe: I think I am leaning towards the Snake Gripper myself. I have a big round aftermarket knob on the Vette, and it is quite comfortable.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gripper. I opted for the gray fangs as well. Looks great and not too flashy. Plus you get the daffy duck dash illuminator at no charge.
225100_0316-small.jpg

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're stocking up on goodies now, make sure to open the Mopar Trunk Kit and see if BOTH sides of the required Velcro are enclosed. Otherwise plan a trip to Home Depot, Lowes or a fabric store: Many (most?) trunk kits were lacking half of the Velcro.

As to floor mats, take a look at the Northern California Viper Club site via a link from this VCA site (click Membership - Regions - N Calif). Note that the N. Calif VCA trunk mat is only a flat trunk-foor piece whereas the Mopar trunk kit is a 3 part trunk kit: two wrap around sides & 1 trunk floor piece.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang