Which Modification to make 1st?

Dan_Auito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the help of everyone here, I'm leaning towards buying a 97,98 or a 99 RT, Now the next question is what would be the best modification to make to the car in consideration of higher performance?

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you want a turbo to be your first mod....do it. Might as well make it a twin. Good luck with that.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My advice is to do Roe Side Sill Insulation first (and remove or replace the cats at the same time). It makes the car much more driveable.

OP
OP
D

Dan_Auito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong Inferno, I really am asking why not do something like a turbo to give her a real kick. Now a twin turbo sounds like it would cost twice as much.
P.S. How much would a single turbo mod run $$$$ and what type of horsepower increase on average would result?

What does changing the tubes and filters do for the car? Also to Anaconda, what is Roe side insulation, did you mean to say road side insulation and if so, what would you use?

Thanks again guys, I'm trying to figure this stuff out. Dan

OP
OP
D

Dan_Auito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Anaconda, that answered a couple questions real fast. Here in Florida I can see the creature comfort upgrade of heat reduction off the pipes as a real plus.

The turbo charger at $7,500 seems within reach, but I'm still wondering what type of Pony power increase it will render?

Now as for those 3:54 gears, what usually comes stock?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, you may be looking at the Roe supercharger for that price. You will not get turbos that cheap.

A few suggestions: Heffner's Performance in Sarasota or Macedo's shop in Orlando.

Nice web site....looks like some useful info.

OP
OP
D

Dan_Auito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, that was the polished supercharger. O.K. then does someone have a link to a turbocharger supplier?

Now can someone tell me how much horsepower a supercharger will add as opposed to a turbocharger?

What's the average cost for a turbo?

Thanks gents, I know I'm asking a lot a questions. Mucho appreciated.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gears. 3:54's

I would say Kumho V700 rear tires (with paint protection film) first, then gears second. Smooth tubes are cheap and do-it-yourself, but leave the dang exhaust alone so the noise does not drive you nuts.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would say Kumho V700 rear tires (with paint protection film) first, then gears second. Smooth tubes are cheap and do-it-yourself, but leave the dang exhaust alone so the noise does not drive you nuts.

I second the Kumhos. They will help keep you straight under acceleration and when pulling into traffic. Obviously you wanted the forged pistons 1999 and older Vipers have to use turbo. I notice many supercharger Viper guys are upgrading to twin turbo. Good luck! :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dan_Auito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wonder everyone talks about modifying their rides. There is so much you can improve on with this baby.

Anyone consider using 4:11 gearing?

P.S. What exactly are these tubes? :confused:

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First mods (cheap, takes 20 minutes per mod, a huge bang for the buck:)

Roe clutch pedal modification kit for $21.95

It's a vast improvement over the stock clutch pedal position and motion.

Skip shift disable for free, $0.99, or $35 depending on your preference.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wonder everyone talks about modifying their rides.

Perhaps everyone has answered these basic questions before then, seemingly hundreds of times....

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just for an opposing viewpoint, I love my exhaust modification. The stock exhaust just wasnt mean enough for me. It didnt sound anything like what a V10 should IMO. With the muffler delete the car is really loud at acceleration and "pops" like crazy on deacceleration (both of which i love). But while just driving normally, the car is still quiet and you can have a normal conversation. You dont gain a whole lot of power (I was told around 5-10RWHP), but the car sounds 100% better.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you want to do with your car?

Badass street car?
Some time at the dragstrip?
Autocross?
Open track road course events?
Car show winner?
King of Bling?

The answer to your question changes quite a bit depending on what your goals are.

OP
OP
D

Dan_Auito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive it on nice days. I'm not out to drag race it, but will push it when opportunity presents itself. Sorry for the redundant questions folks.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Don't change your gears!

Don't Change throttle bodies!

Don't waste money on Bling! it will only make you feel worse when you loose!

Look us up in Ocala should you wish to check out a 9 Second Viper, Stock (soon to be modified 06 SRT Viper Coupe), SRT-8 Charger and other fast cars owned and tuned by the Shop Owner....me.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

JEDI

OP
OP
D

Dan_Auito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. BTR, I have you bookmarked and will contact you before I make a move. I'm here in Inverness so we're pretty close! Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang