Which would you choose? (GT2 vs FE ACR)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely the GT2. I do not see the FE as anything other than a different paint scheme than other GTS.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Absolutely the GT2. I do not see the FE as anything other than a different paint scheme than other GTS.

Must be the fin you guys like so much. The FE is the best gts you can buy and it's the last of it's kind. There were only 360 made, few of them were acr's. In my opinion, it too, will be a collector.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you shoud get the GT2. No comparison. Also the GT2 (is one of the very few)is going up in value.the GT2 when came out was 80K now its about 125K. just think of what it will be worth in five years.

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would buy both if I could afford them. The GT2 is atleast $30K more than the FE ACR. In 2003, I was in the market for a mint GT2 or a new ACR. I decided to buy a brand new never tittled ACR (not FE) because of the price and the warranty 7/70. So it depends on how much you want to spend. If I have to pick one, it will be the GT2. I have a friend who has many Vipers including a GT2 in his collection. When ever he decides to sell the GT2, I would consider to but it. Good luck!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So , for a non-astute person, why is a FE so much better than the last non FE? Only the color changed, correct? They did make more than 360 Vipers that year.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So , for a non-astute person, why is a FE so much better than the last non FE? Only the color changed, correct? They did make more than 360 Vipers that year.

In my opinion, the FE is a collector for a number of reasons; they only made 360 FE's and they are numbered with a plaque and red stitching; they are the only viper ever available in that color scheme; and because of its commemorative significance (2000 Daytona 24 hr overall winner and ALMS champion). They will be rare in the future, FE acr's will be even harder to find.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

In my opinion, the FE is a collector for a number of reasons; they only made 360 FE's and they are numbered with a plaque and red stitching; they are the only viper ever available in that color scheme; and because of its commemorative significance (2000 Daytona 24 hr overall winner and ALMS champion). They will be rare in the future, FE acr's will be even harder to find.

The FE is not an official commemorative edition of the '00 Daytona 24 and ALMS Champ. It has no historical commemorative significance to the afore mentioned racecar. The '00 GTSR did not have ABS, did have aero and ground effects, wing, etc.(like GT2 Commemorative Edition). It is a Final Edition. Period.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"The coupes, which will represent the last 360 cars built on the 2002 Dodge Viper platform, will be the first production Vipers to wear a Viper red with dual stone white striped paint scheme. The white over red theme was the same one that carried the Viper GTS-R/T race car to motorsports acclaim with an outright win at the 2000 Daytona 24-hour sports car racing event and consecutive American Le Mans Series manufacturers championships.

The Dodge Viper GTS Final Edition is expected to hold special appeal to sports car enthusiasts and Viper collectors as a landmark in the product's history. The car is making its public debut this week at the Chicago Auto Show.

"This is the high water mark for the Viper Coupe," said Jim Julow, Vice President - Dodge Global Brand Center. "The GTS Final Edition, the last of the production Viper coupes, is a response to loyal owners who have asked us to do something special to close this chapter of the Viper's history. Our other limited-availability models, such as the GT2 Championship Edition, have been resounding successes among enthusiasts looking for a piece of American sports car history."

In addition to the special paint striping, a number of other details distinguish the GTS Final Edition. Inside, red-stitched, black leather steering wheel and shift knob are unique to the model, with a sequentially numbered dash plaque (e.g. No. 1 of 360) recognizing each individual car from the series. "

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
"The coupes, which will represent the last 360 cars built on the 2002 Dodge Viper platform, will be the first production Vipers to wear a Viper red with dual stone white striped paint scheme. The white over red theme was the same one that carried the Viper GTS-R/T race car to motorsports acclaim with an outright win at the 2000 Daytona 24-hour sports car racing event and consecutive American Le Mans Series manufacturers championships.

The Dodge Viper GTS Final Edition is expected to hold special appeal to sports car enthusiasts and Viper collectors as a landmark in the product's history. The car is making its public debut this week at the Chicago Auto Show.

"This is the high water mark for the Viper Coupe," said Jim Julow, Vice President - Dodge Global Brand Center. "The GTS Final Edition, the last of the production Viper coupes, is a response to loyal owners who have asked us to do something special to close this chapter of the Viper's history. Our other limited-availability models, such as the GT2 Championship Edition, have been resounding successes among enthusiasts looking for a piece of American sports car history."

In addition to the special paint striping, a number of other details distinguish the GTS Final Edition. Inside, red-stitched, black leather steering wheel and shift knob are unique to the model, with a sequentially numbered dash plaque (e.g. No. 1 of 360) recognizing each individual car from the series. "

It is not an official Commemorative Edition of the racing version. All it says is it has the same paint scheme. I could throw white stripes on my GTS and be closer to a commemorative edition of the racecar than any FE.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is not an official Commemorative Edition of the racing version. All it says is it has the same paint scheme. I could throw white stripes on my GTS and be closer to a commemorative edition of the racecar than any FE.

Good luck with that.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not an official Commemorative Edition of the racing version. All it says is it has the same paint scheme.

And your point is? The car was not created to be a replica of the GTS-R, but rather be the first official Viper to adorn the paint scheme of the ORECA red with white stripes race-winning cars and to officially close the final chapter of the GTS. Now whether or not it will bring more money on the auction block in the future; who knows. But compared to a red GTS, in which nearly 1500 cars were officially made, the mere 360 Final Editions produced should hold more value over time.

I could throw white stripes on my GTS and be closer to a commemorative edition of the racecar than any FE.

And if I buy a wrecked GTS, paint it white; add blue stripes, BBS wheels, a wing, a couple fins, smooth tubes, and two-tone blue/black leather interior, would I have a GT2? Using this short-bus riding, Down-syndrome pontificating, incognizant drivel spewing sense of reasoning, perhaps there would actually be someone dumb enough to believe me? :rolleyes:

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents:

While the FE (alone) is a special car that is very collectible, especially considering that it's the last of it's kind, I think it's correct to say that color/stripe/interior options don't add *maximum* value from a collector's viewpoint in the long run, say 20+ yrs. Historically, the cars that bring the most from collecters are equipped with factory performance options that are installed on a limited number of cars (L88, LS7, LT-1, etc.). While I plan on driving mine, when I started looking for a Viper, I was looking for just such a car. In my opinion, the FE option, combined with the performance oriented ACR option which was limited to only 34 cars is the best of both worlds. It combines a special edition paint and trim option with a rare factory performance package.

Having said that, we really won't know what will happen in 20+ years (what will happen to collectiblity when you can't get/afford gas?). For now, the GT2 is definitely more collectible and valuable than the FE+ACR, but that's fine by me, I'm going to enjoy mine and not worry about it :)

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If money is not object, the GTS-R for sure. If not, consider an FE-ACR for $65k-ish vs. $110-120k. That may be 40,000 reasons to go with the FE-ACR. I'd consider selling my FE if the right FE-ACR was available. Very low miles... ???

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is a sweet '00! I know of an '00 ACR with 60 miles. Steel grey w/ stripes. Maybe not as nice as black w/white. Sweet car!