While messing with my GoPro...

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was getting to know my new toy and found a nice stretch of road nearby. You could do the Texas Mile on this road. 2 and a half miles, four lanes, no side roads, perfect field of vision etc. I went a little over a hundred in the video, had the GoPro suction cupped to the roof and didn't want to lose it. Going to post an exhaust clip next.

http://s1314.photobucket.com/albums/t572/obryaneric/GoPro2_zpsa5a03e35.mp4.html

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My in-laws live in Lubbock, so I get to cruise down there now and then.
Texas has a lot of nice roads like that. Really boring in a regular car at the speed limit.
If you can avoid the cops, those roads are great for getting into the north end of the speedometer. -(just to see if the needle will go up that far)

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a ban on such posts a few years back. The club did not want to be seen as condoning racing on public streets. Also, I think you can find a better place to do that. At least not televise it. Just saying.

If the Viper Club wants to accept this, I would be surprised.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very choosy about where I go fast. Lighten up gramps...

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You obviously don't choose well.

Don't start it up kid. You won't win.

Your opinion has been duly noted. Unless your a ****** vendor or waving a rainbow flag screaming "death to the VCA!"...I won't be "starting up" anything, gramps.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well in Free2 go defense there should not be any bashing. There have been posts of gen5 racing on highways would not mention member names
and all it got cheers and positive feedback. there is nothing wrong with opening you viper here and there, who does not? open road with absolutely no traffic, a 2 sec run up to 100 mph, no biggie imo.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think street racing is a good idea, or safe. :nono:

But I don't think it's bad to open the car up a little now and then when there's no traffic on a clear road. ;)
You just have to watch out for cops. :crazy2:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ole gramps was trying to flame me...

Let me educate you....

The club, before you joined, had a ton of debate on threads like this. It was decided, for the good of the club, not to promote or show racing on the streets for very real legal reasons. You see, we have had a lot of morons who come in, get money from their parents, get a car or "toy", then crash mommy or daddy's present within a year. If someone else besides the driver of the Viper gets hurt, the club will be brought into a law suit. Whether the club is guilty or not is besides the point. It potentially costs the club big time. Unless it is the club's position now that they promote such activities. I don't think that they do. I don't run the place, but the people who ran the club were no dummies. In fact, people who did do that were warned.

I am sure that everyone wants to be potentially liable because of your actions by promoting racing....Just telling you the history, kid. If you don't want to believe it, that is your deal.

"Look at me, I can drive fast, see....I made a selfie"......Pathetic.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the link to the Forum posting policies:

Current VCA Website and Forum Posting Policies

P
aragraph 14 states: "The Viper Club of America and its sponsors do not condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely.

The video does not depict a race between two or more vehicles. It does depict someone exceeding the speed limit on a public road on a day with dry, clear weather and almost no traffic. So it comes down to what the term "illegal street racing" means. Common usage would suggest that it means a contest between two or more cars.

With that said, it is always a good idea to make sure that the car is mechanically sound and the tires are in good condition and properly inflated before high speed is attempted and to keep same on a track as much as possible. But if someone is going to engage in some acceleration and velocity therapy, at least keep that activity to a wide road, with no telephone poles, in dry conditions, with no traffic and nothing to hit if control is lost and the car goes off the road.

There are quite a few threads in the archives of injured or killed Viper owners who did not obey these simple rules and paid the price.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets recap. I wasn't racing anyone, and I was as considerate as I could be of the safety of others prior to doing what I like to call "enjoying my Viper". I'm also obsessed with tire pressure and maintenance. With that being said, I'm filing a protective order against this "Patent" Douschebaggery. You are no longer allowed within 500 ft. of this thread....

Last edited:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP, As a Viper owner, just remember this.......
When driving your Viper, Watch out for cops. ;)

When posting video of you driving the Viper on the forums, watch out for cops. :smirk:

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing incriminating. In fact, there is no proof it is even me.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he said ^^. I would have to be a "Patent" fool to post video showing how fast I was going and where. Plus....that's my secret spot.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even in Texas you can find out the distance between the telephone poles in the video and determine the speed based on the time shown at the bottom right of the video. He was not lying. LOL.

What he said ^^. I would have to be a "Patent" fool to post video showing how fast I was going and where. Plus....that's my secret spot.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Even in Texas".....rofl. You must know which county. Who would write the ticket? State Trooper?

Last edited:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even in Texas you can find out the distance between the telephone poles in the video and determine the speed based on the time shown at the bottom right of the video. He was not lying. LOL.
Damn Bob, you're too smart for me...................I guess that's why you're a Lawyer and I'm just an MD. :)

rdutko

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why is it that "Enthusiast's" on this site sound so overly invested in what others have and do?

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a different note...Bob, for a lawyer you are cool as hell. I don't care what they say about you in the Alley or VOA.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably a B Company Texas Ranger. But since that spot is partly in Argyle, Texas in Denton County, maybe one of the Denton County Sheriff Department's finest.

"Even in Texas".....rofl. You must know which county. Who would write the ticket? State Trooper?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62