Who can I trust? Rear Frame recall, near Tampa FL???

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Need some input.
I have to have the rear frame recall done.
Anyone have contact on which dealer around Tampa, FL?

Thanks

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, maybe Larry Macedo could recommend someone locally. Dude I hope the 98's don't have frame issues, what a drag!

I wouldn't say "issues." There were two recalls and if you didn't track your car you're gonna be fine. But they are upgrades so you might as well get them done.

Are you going to Outback Lakeland Saturday?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't say "issues." There were two recalls and if you didn't track your car you're gonna be fine. But they are upgrades so you might as well get them done.

I've got a 99 in my shop now that was never at the track and it has a broken frame! :eek:

6900 Vipers NEED this Recall!
Recall 998: 1996-1999.5
Recall 999: 1999.5-2000.5

Dave do a search here for the info on this Recall.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had to do my 2000. the f'n steering rack pulled from the frame.Go to Mecado and have it done right!!!
Max

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got a 99 in my shop now that was never at the track and it has a broken frame! :eek:

6900 Vipers NEED this Recall!
Recall 998: 1996-1999.5
Recall 999: 1999.5-2000.5

Dave do a search here for the info on this Recall.

I stand corrected by the one who would know first hand. Thanks for the info Wiz.

OP
OP
H

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hoping to find a dealer to cover this under warranty(RECALL 998)...
Frame is ripped and diff is just "there"....

Autoway Clearwater?
Jerry Ulm Tampa??
Wilson Tampa??
Dayton Andrews St. Pete??

Hopefully someone knows about a dealer nearby.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had the 98 on the rack and inspected the welds myself. Found nothing wrong so am still left to wonder if there is any real reason for concern if not intending to track the car. What the f&(% is up with these cars gents?

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya Chad but that is a 99 what about 98's? Who knows what our 99 brother did to crack his frame. I'm not jumping snake river with this thing you know.

OP
OP
H

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, do a search. There is a link that will let you know if the recall was already done for your car.

You could also contact D.C. HQ and they can run the vin to tell you if there are any recalls pending.

P.S. my welds are great, it just tore the metal from the box of the frame. Seems the frame metal is thin (by design).

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya I checked the recall logs and theyreplied with no recalls pending. So I guess I'll jump the canyon after all. Wish me luck.

TampaViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave,
I have been to Jerry Ulm a few times over the last year with my 94RT. I have not had major work done, just changing all the fluids, tune-up, adjusting throttle bodies, etc. They charge like a dealer (I was able to get them to come down significantly on tires when I showed them prices elsewhere) but they have a Viper Tech who will talk with you and the staff are courteous. I am thinking about letting them change out my head gaskets this year (nearly 25k miles with the old ones). By the way, who would you let do your exhaust work around here?
Good Luck.
Rob

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading the posting of the 1999 with a frame crack, I am concerned about mine.

Could you describe and /or post a picture of where it is, so that I may check mine.

I was told by DC corp that only tracked cars were at risk.

Sorry to here about yours!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
H

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is on the drivers side. Lift car and look at the diff. Follow the diff support over towards driver rear tire. The mount that is welded to the frame is torn and free from the frame. This is a bit tricky to see unless you are under car, but mine is visible. This is the rear most mount and also has an attachment to the rear tie rod, which is also broke on my car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang