who can remap the ECU?

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know who can remap the stock ECU for better performance and to take advantage of some mods?

Also..is the Mopar Performance ECU the same as the Stock except for programming...do they operate, have the same connections and look the same?

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you say 'remap', I take it to mean that you have full control over all the major PCM parameters. To the best of my knowledge there are only 1-2 programs available for 'tuning' the Viper. Neither of them are that great, and ONLY allow for controlling some of the parameters. Nothing close to what we can control in Fords (Mustangs, Lightning, etc..)

That being said, they are better than nothing!
We will be using the currently available software in conjunction with our in-house Dynojet for tuning all Vipers on the the premises.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still run the factory ECU. Lots of mods to the car. None to the ECU.
smile.gif

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the ECU (Electronic Control Unit?) the same as a PCM (Power train Control Module)? Just wondering what everybody is talking about. I thought the Mopar PCM had all the engine control stuff on it and the ECU did everything else like the alarm, and other electronics. Is their just one computer that does it all or multiple ones? I know there is a PCM near the drivers feet under the hood. Where is, what is the ECU????
confused.gif

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey MASH! I don't mind.
smile.gif

TNT tubes and cone filters
70mm throttle bodies
machined intake
TNT heads/cam package (shaft rockers, stainless valves, etc.)
TNT headers (26rwhp better than Belangers)
NX nitrous kit
stock 3.07 gear
Purner slicks and skinnies
Unitrax half shafts
TNT adjustable shocks