Who is buying a Gen 5?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, but I can't wait for people to start dumping their Gen 4 ACR's for it ;)
MTGTS keep my name soon, as the Gen V is available in ACR Im so done with the angular GenIV! Love to drive the GenIV ACR but really miss the curves of the GenI&II. GenIV performance and curves
goodbye retirement account;) Just kidding.............................................................................NOT

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't justify it, unless it suprises me. Its already gotten too far from the body style that made me love it in the first place. But, I guess that's what you call progress. Even if I did Love it, I would rather have 3 really nice cars at 40k ea. than 1 really super nice car at $120k (if thats somewhere around the cost) JMO!

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to wait and see what it looks like, what options/colors are available, and the price. But at this point nothing is off the table.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave The Viper Oracle my deposit for the new Gen 5 in DEC 2010. Why, because he said the car was going to be made. I think he had around 15 deposits at the time. As an aside, I wouldn't be surprised if the Gen 5 (and all future Vipers), will only be available through 'limited select' Dodge dealers.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, hope you dont get hammered/murdered on the money/price- there will be plenty to be had when they come out

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave The Viper Oracle my deposit for the new Gen 5 in DEC 2010. Why, because he said the car was going to be made. I think he had around 15 deposits at the time. As an aside, I wouldn't be surprised if the Gen 5 (and all future Vipers), will only be available through 'limited select' Dodge dealers.

I doubt it, seeing as the stated goal is to sell many more of them then previous generations.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how many would make it to Canada - there could be a bidding war over sticker price. Ideally I would wait a year to see what bugs, if any, arise on the first production models. I sure hope its a knockout though.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The deposit was at sticker price.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be on the list but may sell my 2010 FE soon to make room (getting crowded) even though they only kept 32 in the US and some have been wrecked I don't see the FE holding value unless Gen 5 does not happen.

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be buying one, but it will probably be the 2nd year when they come out with a bad boy model. Whether that be a ACR or whatever.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about they show us a picture of the damn car already.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was until my wife lost her job of 8.5 years this week, after being laid off. As we are also still trying to get a family started, I doubt I will be able to consider a 2012 until a couple of our investments kick it to the moon. Otherwise, I will enjoy my GEN III and my other cars in my collection for all they are worth. However I suspect a thinning of the small collection as I speak. Anyone interested in a mint 1969 Mach 1, my is going to be for sale soon. Hard to sell after owning it for 25+ years but such is life.

Rick

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in 12-18 months after they come out when prices stabilize and dealers are looking to deal.....even if I have to wait 2 years I will as my Gen IV is still a "rare" car.....I don't think our economy is making a turn anytime soon so after the initial "gotta have it first" buyers get theirs I'll look into it.....and nothing wrong with being a "gotta have it first" as I did that with my 12 GTR......

balance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a Gen 5 vert hardtop like the 458 cabrio just introduced.

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way the first year with a more powerful ACR version coming down the road.
I can wait.