Who is using ROE's Engine calibrator?

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is using ROE\'s Engine calibrator?

I'm wondering if it is worth for mostly stock Viper. how long did it take to instal? Thanks

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who is using ROE\'s Engine calibrator?

**** ...you guys cost me too much money
laugh.gif

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just got one and am going to try and install it today. I am mechanically inclined, but I am also one that likes to take my time too to make sure I do it right, so it may take a while. I'll let you know what I think of it and I am dynoing it to see the results in 2 weeks.

I would bet that the farther you get from stock after adding mods, the more of a benefit something like the VEC-1 would be. That's probably why the above post mentioned a 45 HP gain. The ECU is set up for stock load conditions and adding mods changes things.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean invented it for the aesthetics,led box looks great and can help you learn your motor,got lucky when it actually worked!
cool.gif

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

...installed my VEC1 in a 2001 GTS with 1500 mi(few mods).It took about 4 hours but I'm tall and have no business under the Viper dash.What I noticed was the surging during light throttle was eliminated.The UPS truck sound while slowing is greatly reduced.The readout is... is well very interesting.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have been considering one, but my question(which I hope Sean can answer) is will I see any performance difference on a basically stock Gen I. I see Lee's stroker, but it is not the same, and all the rest are Gen IIs. If there is a performance boost, on average how much could I expect? Thanks,

Mike

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I put it on my Venom 600 and picked up 45 hp on the dyno! Now that is not the norm, most pick up somewhat less. I think it is normal to pick up 8 to 16 hp on a stock motor.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yes, improvements that you can feel can be made by tuning with the calibrator on a completely stock car. Basically, you can improve part throttle torque, throttle response and wide open throttle (most noticeable above 4,500 rpm).
We offer a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee on the VEC1, which says a lot about our confidence in its ability to make noticeable adjustments. 30 days gives you enough time to evaluate it on your car and it doesn't require a dyno to see the difference.
If you need any more info, just let me know.

Sean

speedpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam, I would say go for it. Everyone is happy with Sean's stuff. May I suggest an engine package
tongue.gif
smile.gif

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by speedpup:
Adam, I would say go for it. Everyone is happy with Sean's stuff. May I suggest an engine package
tongue.gif
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need all that I can get or I'll be watching your Vettes butt on the track.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What's involved in the install and how much time does it take?

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What Hi and Lo settings are you guys using with a mild mod car.
headers, cam, heads, 1.7 rockers

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just installed my VEC-1 on Friday. The instructions were very good and it took maybe 2-3 hours because I wanted to take the time to do it right. I ended up just drilling a hole in the side of the firewall to pass the wires through to the PCM. I drilled a small hole about an inch above the rear lower screw hole for the PCM cover. The hole came out on the inside of the car just below the footwell carpet. I played around with the adjustments on the street, but i am planning to take the car to a dyno real soon to adjust it so I know exactly what settings give me the best HP and torque. I dynoed the car on Saturday at a dyno competition with a car club I am in. I only got 3 pulls in though and played around with the adjustments a little. I feel it is capable of a lot more if i get the settings right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude