Who makes a good shift light?

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always liked MSD's but I guess theirs doesn't work on our cars?

What options are there? I'd like to get one installed so I can make my shifts more consistant and it would really help on that 1-2 shift that seems to come up really fast, thanks to that darn Paxton. :D

Thanks!
Jason

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a raptor on my Z06, had it wired in the dash and it's mounted right above my left eye.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam -that is a good buy-wish I knew about it a few weeks ago.

I have the Raptor shift light. Works great. The small stock shift light is a little hard for me to see and at my age I need all the help I can get. I got the blue light on the Raport and it really gives a bright light.

Since I have a boost gauge on the column the shift light is mounted on the pillar.

What I like about the shift light I can set the light to come on at the rpm of my choice. To be honest with a little agressive driving I use to hit the rev limiter some but now, with the Raptor, I don't.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the raptor as well as the autometer. had the autometer first. it is much bigger and uses those 'pills'. it isn't a bad light, but it had to purchased, calibrated for the V10. unlike the Raptor that gets TACH signal from a coil wire, the Autometer actually gets it from the TACH signal which, on the viper, pulses at a very different rate than the coil wires.

The raptor is a great light. the only _small_ issue i have with it is that during bright-light, daytime racing, it is sometimes hard to see (as silly as that sounds). the autometer is blinding. right now i have the raptor installed but I may put the autometer back in just for fun. or both!

my .02...

JD

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sylvan SRT is quite correct in that all vipers have a built in yellow / red shift light in the dash. If you install the skip shift kit on your transmission the shift light will still work.

Reaction score
I have the raptor as well as the autometer. had the autometer first. it is much bigger and uses those 'pills'. it isn't a bad light, but it had to purchased, calibrated for the V10. unlike the Raptor that gets TACH signal from a coil wire, the Autometer actually gets it from the TACH signal which, on the viper, pulses at a very different rate than the coil wires.

The raptor is a great light. the only _small_ issue i have with it is that during bright-light, daytime racing, it is sometimes hard to see (as silly as that sounds). the autometer is blinding. right now i have the raptor installed but I may put the autometer back in just for fun. or both!

my .02...

JD
Hey Joe!

I like the raptor too - it's a good unit.

Your supposed to remove the plastic cap on the front for daytime driving so you can see the illumination better.

Take care!!!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Joe!

I like the raptor too - it's a good unit.

Your supposed to remove the plastic cap on the front for daytime driving so you can see the illumination better.

Take care!!!

I KNEW I forgot SOMETHING! I'll try it again with the cover OFF the light!

:p

Joseph

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4