Who needs Roller Rockers for their Roe SC install?

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

I was going to install Roe SC in the next few weeks and in preparation I picked up a set of Arrow Racing Roller Rockers and Chrome Molly push rods. My mod plans changed and unfortunately I have brand new set which I just received two days ago. The Arrows are fully adjustable which means no custom length push rods or machine work such as the T&D's might require(also half the price). I was recommeded to use the Arrow Racing rockers by the supercharger installer. Placed an ad in the classified if anyone is interested. Ad #4396, should be in the system by tomorrow. PM or Email if interested.

Now to the good news, I will be going the engine rebuild route to change to forged pistons and add a nice big SC to get me in the 750RWHP range. Thanks.

Bandit400

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not trying to take any credit from Arrow as they make a very good set of Rockers but even Arrow themselfs will tell you that the T&Ds are better/stronger quality, which is not the point of my post.Most aftermarket rockers are "fully adjustable"as are the T&Ds but that does not mean that you may not have to change the size of your pushrods.Adjustabilty and Valve Geometry are not to be confused.More times than not you will also find by utilizing the factory pushrods wether to long or short you can starve the heads for much needed lubrication.This post is not meant to take anything away from any manufacturers,just to clear up a point that may mislead someone to possible engine failure.A very good rule of thumb when installing aftermarket rockers is always replace the pushrods with a quality hardened 1 piece pushrod.Do not take shortcuts when you modify you internal engine components.$200 well spent

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you have to have the rockers in hand, take the valve covers off, and measure to find out if you need pushrods. Then order the pushrods and wait for them to come in. Am I correct?

OP
OP
B

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed,

You are correct. When I spoke with Arrow they told me the same thing. T&D is the ultimate in Roller Rockers. Unfortunately they are double the price of the Arrows. IMHO, the Arrows are good for most of us who will not be pushing the engine to the max on continual basis or racing the car. When I was doing my research for the Roe SC, I spoke with Sean and Chuck. They provided me the pros and cons on the different rockers. I made my decision based on this information. Unfortunately, I changed my mind and decided to go all out on the engine rebuild.

In fact, since I am going the rebuild route and going to hopefully push the high HP numbers I will be using T&D's on my heads. The motor will be apart and reassembled so we can take the time and extra effort to ensure the geometry is correct with the T&D's. Thanks.:)

Bandit400

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM or e-mail me ........ How much ? After installing a set of each, It's almost a toss up between the two rocker sets IF IF IF you are not milling the heads for the t&d's. Push rods are a plus either way.

BigCarrot, You are correct but, there have been so many sets installed that in most cases the "normally used" pushrod will work. On my car, I will probably do as you say. Pull one valve cover, check the length on two cylinders/four valves. Button it back up and order pushrods.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed,

You are correct. When I spoke with Arrow they told me the same thing. T&D is the ultimate in Roller Rockers. Unfortunately they are double the price of the Arrows. IMHO, the Arrows are good for most of us who will not be pushing the engine to the max on continual basis or racing the car. When I was doing my research for the Roe SC, I spoke with Sean and Chuck. They provided me the pros and cons on the different rockers. I made my decision based on this information. Unfortunately, I changed my mind and decided to go all out on the engine rebuild.

In fact, since I am going the rebuild route and going to hopefully push the high HP numbers I will be using T&D's on my heads. The motor will be apart and reassembled so we can take the time and extra effort to ensure the geometry is correct with the T&D's. Thanks.:)

Bandit400

You are absolutely correct i have installed many sets of Arrows that are on the road trouble free and even occasionally tracked,and as a matter of fact my 01 has them on them.But for consistantly high revving driving/racing T&D is the way to go.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bandit are you going for Heffner system or system or what?? You say you want to be in the 750rwph range, more details please. Good luck. :)

OP
OP
B

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir,

Yes, I am looking into Heffner at this point. :) More details to follow, I am trying nail down the options and costs. Starting to get excited at the prospects of some High HP :cool:

Bandit400

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweeeet :eek: I cant wait, two FE creampuffs kicking some serious a$$ in the Ny, Nj metro ;)

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about installing the Arrows but it seems that everybody says T&D for the higher horsepower. I'm almost 75O hp at the rear wheels (736 now) I'm wondering if I can hit the 750 rwhp mark with the T&D roller rockers with a level 1?

-Lou

OP
OP
B

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fishtail,

Rockers usually produce 20 HP on a stock engine. I would imagine on a blown engine you would gain more as airflow becomes even more important. Looks like it would not be a problem since you are only 14HP away.

Bandit400