who sells lowering kits???

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB sells what you need. I've ridden in a few SRT's that had KW's and also a few that had Motons. IMO, the KW's were just as good as the Motons. And they BOTH make the SRT look great. BTW, the handling is much better after its lowered.

OP
OP
F

fixumm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JonB sells what you need. I've ridden in a few SRT's that had KW's and also a few that had Motons. IMO, the KW's were just as good as the Motons. And they BOTH make the SRT look great. BTW, the handling is much better after its lowered.
Thanks but you should be on a airplane by now headed over here:D

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could do just springs for around 300.00. drops the car 1in all the way around. I did it to mine and i think it turned out perfect in the front but i still think the back needs to drop another 3/4-1in.
ride quality stayed the same if you ask me.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am doing Eibachs in mine, getting done at DC Performance. I am having him drop it about an inch all around and will see how that looks. If I think it needs a bit more I will have him drop it 3/4 more in the rear. Thanks for the heads up ulllose.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever option you choose for lowering don't forget about having the alignment checked afterward

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After having purchased motons for my Mamba, I am now an advocate for this system......costly but effective......Good Luck with your decision!

michaelnouri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
motons are excellent, however, eibachs and spring caps give a even more lowered look, and can be done in hours.
cost is cheap too, springs for 319, spring caps 145, and couple hours of labor.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50% of the people that lower their cars buy their parts from Parts Rack, as the other 50% have only seen the 50% of Jon B's advertising that is wasted.

Now if 100% of the people would realize that if just 50% of the time that 50% of all advertising pays off, then they would understand why Jon occasionally throws that 50% advertising statistic out there.

I have bought about 50% of my parts from Parts Rack, and I think it is due more from 100% of Jon's advertising then 50% being wasted. I mean really, as I'm on this forum 100% of the time how could I miss 50% of Parts Rack advertising resulting in a 50% reduction in their visibility to me?

Dave, and I approve of this message 100%.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50% of the people that lower their cars buy their parts from Parts Rack, as the other 50% have only seen the 50% of Jon B's advertising that is wasted.

Now if 100% of the people would realize that if just 50% of the time that 50% of all advertising pays off, then they would understand why Jon occasionally throws that 50% advertising statistic out there.

I have bought about 50% of my parts from Parts Rack, and I think it is due more from 100% of Jon's advertising then 50% being wasted. I mean really, as I'm on this forum 100% of the time how could I miss 50% of Parts Rack advertising resulting in a 50% reduction in their visibility to me?

Dave, and I approve of this message 100%.

My brain hurts.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Id go with Motons or Kw's. I ride on motons, costly but I wanted the best. I knew there were no problems with them. But Ive heard the KW's wprk well too.

No matter what, Id get a coliover vs. just getting springs. It gives you better adjustablity and better settings options for dampening. You truly can control your ride.

call Jon B he has great pricing, partsrack.com

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To add to my earlier thread.......I have the Eibach's on my 05 Comm. Edition vert......and I too bought them from Jon B (Parts Rack)........thanks Jon!!!!!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am doing Eibachs in mine, getting done at DC Performance. I am having him drop it about an inch all around and will see how that looks. If I think it needs a bit more I will have him drop it 3/4 more in the rear. Thanks for the heads up ulllose.

It will drop 1 in no matter what if you go with the eibach's. If it needs more then you will have to buy lowering caps or go with a new coilover suspension thats your only 2 options.
heres a few pics....
(rear)
You must be registered for see images attach

and after eibach's

side shot of the car with the lowering
hope the pics help
Hope the pics help, i've posted these a few times

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will drop 1 in no matter what if you go with the eibach's. If it needs more then you will have to buy lowering caps or go with a new coilover suspension thats your only 2 options.
heres a few pics....
(rear)

and after eibach's

side shot of the car with the lowering
hope the pics help
Hope the pics help, i've posted these a few times
Yeah the pics do help, I have seen your ride(pics) and it is just amazing. I love those wheels and all. I am just wondering how those gunmetal wheels would look on my black viper as I am seriously considering them in the future. So your rear is lowered just 1" then not 1 3/4" right? I think that looks perfect. Obviously by looking at the tape measure, its lowered just 1".

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks --

Gun metal on black I would say no, just my taste. The only time i like dark centers are either silver or white cars. With black i would go silver or chrome. Come to think about it there is a guy on the forum selling these same wheels in a silver center with a chrome lip and tires (pirelli's) for 4300.00. Thats about 2700.00 cheaper than buying new if you like the color combo.
the car is dropped only 1in in the rear also, I do like it but i would like aliitle more drop in the rear.

Marquis7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You don't need to buy anything, just get your ride height adjusted by a truly knowledgeable Viper Tech, see below...

I just had my '04 Black Mamba serviced at Bankston Dodge in Frisco, Texas - the Viper Tech is Mitch. If you live in the Dallas area, you have got to give him a try, he really knows his stuff - it looks like he knows more than anyone that posts on this board! I'll tell you why. Mitch quoted me $390.00 for an alignment, what a shock, but he explained that to get it dead-on, he has to first drop the car all the way down, adjust the ride height to specs, and a bunch of other steps; it is about 4 hours of work. The really cool thing that Mitch told me, when I asked if he could adjust the ride height to a lower setting, is "Yes!" The ride height has a lowering specification from Dodge in the technical manual, about an inch. I have an appointment with Mitch to get the work done - not caps, springs, or ridiculously low and foul riding Motons necessary! Sorry Moton guys, but I have seen your whole body being vertically slammed up and down just driving 60 MPH down the freeway, it doesn't look like much fun to me.:lmao:

Marquis7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have your Viper Tech check the technical manual on how to perform a correct Viper alignment and the ride height options.

Last edited:

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got my KW's from Partsrack.com as well. Totally transformed the handling of the car. The power can be harnessed now. ride is pretty good too (for a VIPER). lol

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion, black and gunmetal go great together.

You must be registered for see images
OMG that is so awesome. Thanks for my new backround Austin and you just helped me decide on what I am going to get for wheels. Can you please send me a higher resolution picture of that if you have it? [email protected]

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The largest size I have of that isnt much larger. When I do a PS I usually size it down a little when Im done. It not only helps with the way it looks, but the larger versions usually have a lot of "PS junk" in them. I will send you the largest size I have though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte