who would give up their Viper for a V10 FirePower?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering, is it's just me, or would anybody else be tempted to give up the Viper for a Chrysler FirePower, IF they put the Viper motor in it?
And does anyone have a photo of the FirePower?

buttermaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't have a viper yet, but i'd definitely give the firepower some thought. i thought they were taliking about the 6.1 hemi in the firepower? should run with the corvette.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,
I just think this car is really beautiful. Put the SRT/10 motor in it and I think they'll have another hit, like the Viper.
I love my GTS, but if they make this car I seriously could turn to the dark side. Pray for me :)

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take one, but I wouldn't give my GTS for it.

Looks like a good car for a night out on the town.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The purpose of the Firepower! is to provide a more luxurious, Aston Martin like car. It uses all the Viper suspension and frame, but drops in a Hemi V8 and a more luxury (heavy) interior. Would be cheaper than a

This will expand the marketplace, and allow the R&D and production expense to be spread out. Also makes a better business case for adding technology to the Viper to leverage it into other product lines.

This car could be used to increase production at Connor, and smooth out the workload.

I think it is a beautiful car, and with an automatic would be very successful, maybe outselling the Viper.

It would allow the Viper to remain a pure, driver involved, kick butt sports car.

RayG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to see the car in person! I got to see it at the NY Auto Show and it is drop dead gorgeous. The pictures do not do it justice. I would definitely consider trading the Viper but would probably just try to afford both!

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hi,

IMO - This car would be best with the HEMI in it (5.7 or 6.1). As mentioned above, it will help justify improvements and continuation of the Viper line by increasing the company's ability to increase their investment return.
My personal dream would be that a successful run with this car could help pave the way for a rear-wheel drive pony car. Perhaps it will prove the market for a new "Dodge Challenger" or "Chrysler 'Cuda" would exist.
Personally, I would consider loking into the Firepower. However, I would not trade a Viper for it. I think they're in different vehicle classes. I'm just glad to see that DC is putting it out there with interesting products.

Paul
:2tu:

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RayG, I can't believe it's better looking in person. I think it's one of the best looking car ever made from the photos. And yes, I think I would'nt be able to sell the GTS. I would just make room for the FirePower. If the fit and finish is up to par I would even get it with the V8 if a V10 is not available.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks great in the photos, but so does my GTS! I agree with a lot of the fellas, have both. So many cars, so little time.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I almost hate to admit it, but I like that gawdy dash. Gives me my bling-fix. An I ain't frontin'

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Firepower! is a great looking car. It should have been called Charger and the new Charger should have been called Coronet.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's nice, but it's no Viper, you would likely regret trading in for it. It is cool looking, but so is a 300Z. The GTS is a timeless, classic design that will be worth allot in the future.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF, and only IF they cannot keep the Viper at the head of the pack for domestics in terms of performance, then throw a Firepower my way. And I am speaking of new vs. new, not a classic like the GTS vs. the Firepower's styling...

You must be registered for see images

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics do not do car justice.I took pics of this at NYC auto show.Car would be nice daily driver but , I would not trade my srt for it.MY .02

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice car but its not a viper..... GTS for life.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with the looks of this thing, and a killer engine, it will send a shock wave threw the automobile community that Chrysler has done it again. I even think a 500+ hp V8 Hemi could do the trick. Keeping it light an agile. And maybe the side exhaust.

Keep hope alive

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like a luxury Viper or an "old mans" Viper. Then again, my old man has a Viper and he's old. Not sure where this car fits come to think of it. :confused:

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saw the car at Detroit, it is fabulous looking. Not a replacement fot my GTS but I would sure love to add one as my daily driver. Definetly good competition for the C6 class vehicles.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a cool car, but it should have been a (little sportier) Dodge Charger, slid into the Dodge brand below the Viper, with Corvette like volumes..

No Viper trade here.... upcoming SRT-Coupe would fit the bill if a coupe was needed. Road and Track put the Fier-Power on the cover this month after a drive. They loved it... but here is the down side, they were talking pricing it above the Crossfire in the "70-100 range". For a rebodied Viper with a SRT Hemi in it, in my opinion that's just to much. Sorry, for that price, a SRT-10 Coupe is the choice. I do hope DCX makes it, bet the tuners do to, first thing they'll be doing? Stuffing V-10's in them :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang