Who's waiting for the ACR ( or track version of the gen V) ?

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested in a new ACR, but only with more power, meaner looks and current pricing. A car (well equipted for street comfort and limited track) over $120k--$130k or so (before tax and license)--especially from a domestic manufacturer--makes little sense to me. But then again, SRT is in a much better position to guage the market and demand. No matter what, it is great that the Viper continues to exist and evolve.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see an MSRP of 150K or so if it comes in lighter, faster and meaner. More than that and they won't sell.
I'm not going to be that guy who pays MSRP and finds them 15-18K off sticker a year (or less) later like in '09 and '10.
It's already happening with the Gen V's.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can see an MSRP of 150K or so if it comes in lighter, faster and meaner. More than that and they won't sell.
I'm not going to be that guy who pays MSRP and finds them 15-18K off sticker a year (or less) later like in '09 and '10.
Exactly put. The car will never be built, not at the rate things are going.

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At 150k, I would be out 100%. It looks like if you want a track ready Viper, the Gen IV ACR is the way to go.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone justify 50k+ in upgrades to me over a base SRT. The ACR is not going to get the fancy leather. Ready, set go.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone justify 50k+ in upgrades to me over a base SRT. The ACR is not going to get the fancy leather. Ready, set go.

I'd bet it is full alcantara, paddles, ceramic brakes (though that is debatable), and lots more carbon fiber.

$50k more? Not sure, but I could see $140k - around the LE price

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd bet it is full alcantara, paddles, ceramic brakes (though that is debatable), and lots more carbon fiber.

$50k more? Not sure, but I could see $140k - around the LE price

Yup depends on how much more CF that put in it for weight reduction.
Since IMO it's unlikely the motor will be more HP (or maybe like a 10hp bump they'll find somewhere) the only way to make it significantly faster is lighten it and more effective aero.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup depends on how much more CF that put in it for weight reduction.
Since IMO it's unlikely the motor will be more HP (or maybe like a 10hp bump they'll find somewhere) the only way to make it significantly faster is lighten it and more effective aero.

I can't see where they'd use CFRP to reduce the weight any further... They already use CF or thermoplastics for every body panel as far as I've seen.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see where they'd use CFRP to reduce the weight any further... They already use CF or thermoplastics for every body panel as far as I've seen.

Door panels, transmission tunnel, undercarriage, seats.
See Gallardo Superleggera vs. standard Gallardo.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be cool if its 150K but I doubt it would be that low if there gunna do wider body panels and maybe a small HP increase. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Gen 4 ACR carbon fiber wing and splitter was 10K alone, so imagine what wider carbon fiber body panels would be. If people want paddle shifters, Didn't Ralph say that developing that transmission would cost as much as developing the Gen V? Then again the Gen 4 costed the same amount as the Gen 3, So who knows.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be cool if its 150K but I doubt it would be that low if there gunna do wider body panels and maybe a small HP increase. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Gen 4 ACR carbon fiber wing and splitter was 10K alone, so imagine what wider carbon fiber body panels would be. If people want paddle shifters, Didn't Ralph say that developing that transmission would cost as much as developing the Gen V? Then again the Gen 4 costed the same amount as the Gen 3, So who knows.
They'd lease the technology from someone else. They wouldn't do it themselves.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'd lease the technology from someone else. They wouldn't do it themselves.
That's true, good point.If the T/A is 120K and its based on the SRT (Give or take 20K in upgrades), then maybe adding another 30K in upgrades will make the ACR. I still think wider carbon fiber body panels will be a lot of money. We shall see though.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$14k got you the following in the Gen IV
-CF wing
-CF Splitter
-CF cannards
-KW Coilovers
-Sidewinder wheels
-Stoptech brakes
-Sport Cup tires
-Bigger front sway bar

Alone it all costs more, however when you are removing the cost of the stock viper suspension, wheels, brakes, tires and sway bar it makes up for some of that cost.

I do not see a Gen V ACR adding $50,000 above the $99k SRT cost if it still uses the same engine or transmission. Even if it had different hood, CF aero, different brakes/wheels, tires etc. You are adding all that sure, but you would be removing any of the stock stuff (oem CF hood, etc) from the build.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude