Who's waiting for the ACR ( or track version of the gen V) ?

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have figured that we would've seen an ACR teaser by now, but we haven't....

I hope they still plan on making it.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a track rat count me in,but I wanted to see who else was doing the same. Thank's..:beer:

Not a track rat, but no way I'd get an early Gen 5 with the ACR looming in the future.
I want the best there is and that will surely be it.

Oh and purists be damned put paddle shifters in it. It's 2013!

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a track rat, but no way I'd get an early Gen 5 with the ACR looming in the future.
I want the best there is and that will surely be it.

Oh and purists be damned put paddle shifters in it. It's 2013!
If the TA is what it is, I can't imagine what the ACR will be.

And I agree, sticks are fun - but SRT needs to keep up with the times. All of the competition is headed towards paddles, SRT will need to. If you want an ultimate performance vehicle, you have to give some...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the new ACR. I'm betting it gets the fog light nose like the GTS-R. Can't see them doing many other changes, other than aero mods. It would be cool if they had 700 hp stock, but not likely.

wirepaladin08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2009 ACR that I bought new and really like. Never tracked the car, low miles and bought it with an extended warranty. I'll consider the 2014 (?) ACR when it makes an appearance but I'll need some more information. What does it look like, what is the performance vs. the "old" ACR, what it costs and the price difference I would be asked to pay. I would need to see some really attractive "answers" to those questions in order to take the plunge for a new ACR. So my WAG is that I'll keep what I have -- but we'll see once the new ACRs have been out for a bit.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's an ACR like the previous with some aero, brake goodies, and suspension slapped on I think it would be a huge slap in the face to wait a few years to release it. Sure they need wind tunnel testing but with the GTS-R experience I'm hoping they have a head start.

The only reason to delay the ACR a few years is if in fact they are creating a true track monster. Wider body, more HP, etc.

My predictions. If ACR comes within the next year and a half it will be similar in offering to the previous. Maybe more interior mods, race inspired seats, etc., but overall the same idea.

If the ACR comes out in a few years it will be far more extreme. A blend between the GTS-R and regular GTS.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care if they decide to add paddle shifters just as long as the good ol' true manual is still an option.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see spending that kind of money on a car just for the track; and I don't see driving a dedicated ACR track car everyday....

So the answer for me is no. TA or base track pack car is what I'm debating (if in fact I decide to go with a Gen V)

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see spending that kind of money on a car just for the track; and I don't see driving a dedicated ACR track car everyday....

So the answer for me is no. TA or base track pack car is what I'm debating (if in fact I decide to go with a Gen V)

That's been my dilemma too. Some of my Viper buds are asking me if I really want to track a Stryker Red. I've been thinking about buying an older Z06 and tracking that. If money were no object, I'd have two Vipers. A GTS and a Gen V ACR. I hope I can control myself and not spend the kids' college money when the ACR comes out, lol.

I may wait a couple years and pick up a used Gen V red track pack car, deals ought to be had then. Slap some MCS and aero on it, and go play.

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am waiting for the ACR.

When I am able to order one, there will be one in my driveway :)

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if SRT is waiting to see what #s Chevys Z06/Zr1 will have, even the new Gallardo replacement.

If the price is going to be alot higher they have to be ready to be the best track car on the market, which I'm sure it will be.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'll be a heap of money too.

I'm really hoping they build upon the base SRT to keep the price under $140k, but given where they already went, I doubt they will....

If a $140k Viper isn't selling well right now, I doubt going over it will work. Oh well, I hope that if I love it as much as I bet I will that I can be lucky enough to earn the opportunity to get one.

C'mon SRT! A teaser is way past due!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a wicked GTS-R style ACR would be the only Gen V I could give up my '09 for. Even then if its stupid money I will pass. The ACR has always been about performance for the dollar. It has never been about over the top super expensive exotic extras. I would hate to see that happen with a Gen V.

Start with an SRT, offer ******** without the expensive electronics (for a savings!) Keep the brakes/wheels they currently offer as standard. Love the GT3-R aero. Some MCS suspension and more weight redux (seats? battery etc) with a bump in power without redoing the whole engine or costing a fortune and it should be great! If it had the GT3-R/GTS-R style body panels it would be hot hot hot!!

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out the inside of the rear hatch on a Gen 5. There are two recesses for mounting of the wing. At least I've been told that Ralph himself indicated that is what they are for. So an ACR must be in the cards.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting question , and I find the answers revealing to a degree, yet the puzzling part is even though we are all pretty sure they will build an ACR in the future ( guess around 2015 ) , there seems to be alot of buzz about the TA. I know we have quite a few deposits and even got another question today on that car, yet the calls about the ACR are no where near as constant. I wonder if the track rats are calling on the TA as the price point should be good for the equipment listed believing the ACR will likely be more than they want to spend because it will approach a cost where many will not want to use it for what it is designed for. Those of us who take our ACRs to the track realize many folks never stretch the legs ( whoops , bad analogy for a reptile devoid of such appendages ,ha ) of the Viper on a road course, yet they want the beast that continues to conquer track after track. So is the TA destined to become the new track rat and the next ACR ( or GT3 , if they elect to call it that ) more of a supreme track machine, but also the top of the line Snake ---meaning more options? I actually like the idea of a little differentiation similar to say the ZO6 and the ZLI, and it seems the TA and eventually a new ACR/GT3 might be the answer. I just know that considering the past , the majority of the ACRs of the future will see no more track time than the current ones and that is partly what leads me to a possible conclusion that the TA may be the more common track Snake in the future - your thoughts?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally am not that interested in the TA. I'd just get a stripped SRT, add MCS and carbon aero, if I were thinking something like the TA. But my vote is for something more extreme...

I'd rather see a reasonably priced ACR. I want the adjustability and the extreme aero. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude