WHY ARE THEY SCARED?

Da1cop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled up next to a 67 GTO today. The car sounded nice and I could hear the gear drive. No cars around and open road. I nudged up and he ignored me....The light changes and he just putts off and wont race????? :confused:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhh you got any old car mags with the performance figures of those old muscle cars from back in the day???

Ya think.......?

NO CONTEST.....so why should he act like a ricer and waste his and YOUR time???

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many times people have raced on "open" roads and ended up in jail or worse yet, dead. A guy in a new Mustang wanted to race me on a open stretch of highway and after I beat him and we pulled alongside each other at the next light I saw three little kids in the back seat and I thought to myself.....what if. Won't do it again.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Different eras, different cars....

Its apples and oranges....

He already knows your car is faster, so why should he embarass himself? Thats probably what he was thinking..

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhh you got any old car mags with the performance figures of those old muscle cars from back in the day???

Ya think.......?

NO CONTEST.....so why should he act like a ricer and waste his and YOUR time???

You say that like everyone keeps their 30yr old Muscle cars stock. LOL

My Vette and my Hemi has put a hurting on several Gen II GTS, just saying just because it's OLD doesn't mean it's SLOW. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Da1cop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree...I have had several Hemi cars including a Ray Barton 572. I dont think id want to race my Viper against my old 65 Dodge!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You say that like everyone keeps their 30yr old Muscle cars stock. LOL

My Vette and my Hemi has put a hurting on several Gen II GTS, just saying just because it's OLD doesn't mean it's SLOW. :2tu:
No doubt there are some very fast 30 year old cars, nothing doubting that.

But the question at hand is why the other driver didn't want to race. And the answer is probably because he didn't think his car could make a good showing. Well, thats my take on it.

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darrick,

From one cop to another....why would you advertise that you wanted to race someone on the street? It's not good publicity for cops and most other members are ready to flame on.

I made a post on a local F-Body board several years back about having a spirited run in my SS with a mustang and boy did I hear it! Not to mention, if you do ever post a "kill", remember, some members hate us and wouldn't hesitate to contact our departments to let them know what we do in our spare time! I know we're all enthusiasts of nice cars and horsepower, however, some things are better left unsaid. Trust me!

Mike

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled up next to a 67 GTO today. The car sounded nice and I could hear the gear drive. No cars around and open road. I nudged up and he ignored me....The light changes and he just putts off and wont race????? :confused:

You probably should not be a cop!

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But the question at hand is why the other driver didn't want to race. And the answer is probably because he didn't think his car could make a good showing. Well, thats my take on it.
I won't race on public roads. OK, I've punched it up to all of 60 mph maybe once or twice when someone acted like they wanted to play, but I've *not* raced so many times I've lost count - not because I felt I'd lose, but instead because it frankly wasn't worth ANY of the risks (ticket, accident, etc). Yeah, I'm getting to be an old fart. Not racing doesn't mean he felt the Viper was faster. It likely just meant he felt he was more mature. :cool:

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You probably should not be a cop!

It's not that he shouldn't be a cop. It's just that, in my opinion, he shouldn't get on a board and advertise that he wanted to race someone on a public road. If people knew that cops were racing or wanting to race on the street they're going to obviously be pissed. However, owning a Viper and being a cop is like being a priest and living with Jenna Jameson. It's tough!

You also have to look at it this way...cops are regular people, too. We're just held to a higher standard. If we make a mistake we're usually crucified, not only by the public but by our departments. Cops know when they've screwed up and they're ready to take their beatings. If I make a conscious decision to commit a traffic violation, I'm ready to accept the consequences, just like everyone else.

2 VENOMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
(just for fun), were you in uniform? can you imagine being in a old GTO and a Viper with cop in uniform wanting to race you, I would not for two reasons.. That would be funny do

george

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELL YOU HALF A *** CROSS DRESSIN DAWG [******] well you get my drift ,I WISH I WAS NEXT TO IN A GTO CLASSIC I WOULD LOOK and say to my self .DONT THEY HAVE ANY RESRICTIONS ON SELLING SUCH A NICE CAR TO A NEEDLE DICK PEACE [******] LIKE YOU .DODGE SHOULD HAVE A BETTER SCREENING ON WHO OWNS THEIR PRODUCT

OP
OP
D

Da1cop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man.....some of you guys are tuff! There is no real need to reply to insults...I just posted the forum for a little fun....didnt mean to upset anyone!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I witnesed a little boy on a trike get killed in his own driveway by a street "racer" during a street "race".So did his mom and dad.The image never goes away.It still makes me feel ill.That's why I am opposed and say take it to the track.Yes I know I've posted the story before and think the adm. should remove all street "racing" posts. GTS Bruce

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removing the street racing post is like ignoring that it happens. It seems most folks on this board do a pretty good job not "rewarding" street racing, which is a good reason for letting the post remain.

For example, I'm betting Da1cop will never start another street racing thread on this board again and he will probably think twice before doing so on other boards.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a bunch of hypocrits!

are we for or against street racing? ( on track / off track ).

in THIS POST, dated June of '06, EVERYONE APPEARS TO BE FOR IT.

pro-street racing thread

what is the difference? are we just getting "crotchity" with winter setting in, or is this the ANTI-street-racing crowd? maybe we are just going along with the "bashing flow" here? is street racing ok if Da1cop races a Z06? you tell me. and no, i do not think "in town" or "highway" racing matters either. i think innocent people can get killed on both, and it is wrong to race on either.

yes, i do think a cop should know better, but leave the poor guy alone till we atleast get all our viewpoints consistent. :rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darrick,

From one cop to another....why would you advertise that you wanted to race someone on the street? It's not good publicity for cops and most other members are ready to flame on.

I made a post on a local F-Body board several years back about having a spirited run in my SS with a mustang and boy did I hear it! Not to mention, if you do ever post a "kill", remember, some members hate us and wouldn't hesitate to contact our departments to let them know what we do in our spare time! I know we're all enthusiasts of nice cars and horsepower, however, some things are better left unsaid. Trust me!

Mike

Good call... no one appreciates a cop showing off his "get out of jail free" card.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang