Why doesnt the Ohio VCA have a web site?

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also it seems most of the VCA activity is not in this area but north.

Are there any local activities other than what is listed on the calendar here on this site?

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ohio club doesn't seem to do that much. There are some drag events midstate and in the northern parts of the state. John Wojnar & Myself are planning a cruise in June for the Akron/Canton area. Of course any out of area participation is encouraged. ( I will post when things are finialized ).

I am getting involved in a viper website that should launch by this summer. I would also be glad to help or do a site for the Ohio Region. My business partner's portfolio can be viewed at www.respun.com . Just keep following the portfolio links for some examples of his graphics and site designs...

The Ohio Region needs a boost. I think I could get the McCann brothers involved also, when their racing schedule allows. The NE Ohio (Akron/Canton) is going to start doing things, so suggestions and participation are welcomed. I need to start having the fun the New Englad and Cali clubs seem to have.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mid Ohio Race course May 20-22
****** Run track rental June 3
Chrysler Classic Columbus Jun 10-12
Findlay Car Cruise June 18
Chrysler Classic Hamilton Ohio June 25-26
Carlisle Pa Car show outing July 8-10
Columbus Neo Classic and V10 Nats Aug 6
Mopar Nationals Columbus Aug 12-15
Detroit Woodward Dreamcruise outing Aug 20
3rd Annual Quaker steak and Lube cruise to Erie Pa Aug 27
Mini VOI outing-date to be set
Chrysler classic and Viper Nationals & VCA party Norwalk Ohio Spt 16-18
West Virgina Cruise date in October to be determined

There can be more Ohio VCA events in the middle and south if people wish to get some things organized

Contact Sam Goldfarb or Terry Bosserman for details or help

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just seems there are a lot of owners who would like to do more. Heck, just look at the activity my thread is creating here in Cincinnati. I am guessing at this point anywhere from 10 to 20 Vipers will show up to this show.

I might even join up with the VCA if I see some life within the club in my area. (I would also create a lot of activity as well if there are people who also want to make things happen)

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Toby, that is the key, the most active members have been in the northern part of the state so they organize up there more. Getting people together for events like LaSalle could be just the start of more activity in our area. It takes people with the time to organize an event and that is what has been lacking in southern Ohio. The Ohio VCA would lend support to anything if it is organized and for Vipers. Terry would be interested in anything that was suggested, he just does not have the time to go areound and organize more events in areas he is not familiar with. You have a good start for at least one yearly event that the VCA could get behine.

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question Toby. Since joining the VCA, I haven't recieved anything from the "Ohio VCA". We seem to have more "get togethers" on our own. Seems like other areas of the country are always doing stuff with the local club.....kinda disappointing.

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My biggest beef about Viper ownership is I have no one to share it with. I know vettes are much more plentiful but we always had something going on!

egokilr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am always up for meeting whenever. I am from c-bus so just post something and I will try to be there. Hope to make it down to cincy this sunday.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be willing to organize some sort of "event" in Columbus. Perhaps some sort of meet, cruise, lunch event.

Another idea: There is a place up here called Auto Assets. They are primarily a Porsche race shop but do have a nice DynoJet. Maybe a dyno day event.

Any interest?

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have found a new motivation. I will have to put on my thinking cap and see if we can stir things up a bit around here.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone up north (Ohio) if you want to have some fun, myself and a friend have been autocrossing with the Corvette Club for two years. This will be our third season with them. It is typically on Sunday. Look on their site, Corvette Cleveland, for their schedule. In that two years there has not been another viper at the events.

I do not like complaining, however, the Ohio schedule looks good, but, it lacks detail and there are some inconsistencies. As an example, what is happening at Mid Ohio?

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that Tony and I are up for as many things as we can do. So if someone puts something together just let us know.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bob, count Dave and I in, Columbus also has several Vipers, including Corry with his black RT10 and he likes to party. Sam Goldfarb is in Columbus and is one of the main people in the VCA, a good man that is always willing to help out.
Toby, why not a Sunday or even a weekend tour, through the Athens-Marietta area or a weekend to Snowshoe WVA and back.
Great roads.
There are alot of things if we all get off our asses and just do it.
Jack, you are right about the schedule. Mid Ohio weekend is a gathering to watch one of the races, beyond that I don't know.

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a road trip to KY speedway for one of those open track days would be fun. Plan a back roads route with a few stops for gas/food and make a day of it.

or...if you really wanted to get wild you can rent the track for a day with full services for 6,000.00

If you could attract 50+ members from around the area that 6K would be easy to cover.

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would rock Toby! We could put on our own little race "THE VIPER 500" great idea. I'm in!

And we can get ******* to sponsor some of the event too. haha.

Two Viper Chuck might even come up from FL. for that one. :D

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having the car dynoed a week from tomorrow. I'll ask while I'm there about them hosting an all day/half day event, $$, etc.