Why ?

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do some people feel the need to list all the non Vipers cars they own or, even worst have owned, in their signature?

Do their business card list them also?
Do they introduce themselve by saying : Hi, I'm Charlie and I own/have owned such and such and such....cars?

Luc 00GTS

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Gerald completely.... Doesn't bother me at all

When I interview job candiates I frequently ask what type of car they own. No wrong answer, just another piece of the puzzle.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like to see all the other cars people have/ have owned, im a car lover not JUST viper lover

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find including "SOLD" cars rather strange. A current list is reflective enough of the poster's personality. But a historical list is a little over the top.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why do some people feel the need to list all the non Vipers cars they own or, even worst have owned, in their signature?

Do their business card list them also?
Do they introduce themselve by saying : Hi, I'm Charlie and I own/have owned such and such and such....cars?

Luc 00GTS [/quote

to show off

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i personally like to know. if i see someone list for instance a mod they did on a car similar to mine, you can ask details about the mod.

i also enjoy seeing all the other toys that people have. i do not think there is anything wrong with doing a little "bragging" about your accomplishments either. i say congrats to anyone who has the courage to get off their backside, and take risks. those people should be rewarded, and i am very happy for them. i think they have EARNED the right to do a little "bragging". i say tell me all about your houses, your cars, etc., AND CONGRATULATIONS. people who rock will always get a thumbs up from me. :2tu:

buying a viper is quite an accomplishment in itself, and i think all of us should be very proud of that.

rock on.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love readin what kind of cars people have.its kinda cool to see what else they have besides a viper like every once in a while you see diablo, FGT, 360 modena. it kinda makes you feel like you can own those cars one day. i will, after i win the lotto :D

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sween, if there ever was an enthusiast who deserves a viper, i think it would be you. i like your thinking and the fact that you arent afraid to contribute.

<< it kinda makes you feel like you can own those cars one day. >>

this is how it all starts my friend. i "knew" one day i would have a viper. i could see it, smell it. i had pics everywhere. i told everyone i was getting one. i had no idea how i was going to do it, but i "knew" none the less. it worked. here i am. i am confident that you will eventually be an owner too.

and i cant stop thinking alot about the original question.

you know, i really wish MORE people would "disclose" themselves in their signatures and in their profiles! i do not think we see nearly enough information, and really wish we could read more!!

dont get me wrong, i dont think we should all be bragging like a bunch of arrogant a$$holes. but i want to know who the "movers and shakers" are. those are the people that you must meet and take to lunch if you have the desire to be in their shoes one day. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY KNOW.

learn to love reading all the profiles and getting to know about others, their cars, their hobbies, their past and present accomplishments. how else do you get to know people?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LUC~
I like tons of different cars and i like to talk about anything dealing with them even if its not a Viper. If you dont like it, no one is forcing you to read their Sig. QUIT YOUR WHINING.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sween, if there ever was an enthusiast who deserves a viper, i think it would be you. i like your thinking and the fact that you arent afraid to contribute.

<< it kinda makes you feel like you can own those cars one day. >>

this is how it all starts my friend. i "knew" one day i would have a viper. i could see it, smell it. i had pics everywhere. i told everyone i was getting one. i had no idea how i was going to do it, but i "knew" none the less. it worked. here i am. i am confident that you will eventually be an owner too.

and i cant stop thinking alot about the original question.

you know, i really wish MORE people would "disclose" themselves in their signatures and in their profiles! i do not think we see nearly enough information, and really wish we could read more!!

dont get me wrong, i dont think we should all be bragging like a bunch of arrogant a$$holes. but i want to know who the "movers and shakers" are. those are the people that you must meet and take to lunch if you have the desire to be in their shoes one day. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY KNOW.

learn to love reading all the profiles and getting to know about others, their cars, their hobbies, their past and present accomplishments. how else do you get to know people?

thanks for the compliment. i will own one, some day. :)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some do it so they can "network" on similar cars regarding likes, dislikes, repairs, costs, etc.

Totally agree. I think that seeing what other people own lets you get a nice glimpse into their personality as well as if you have questions, you can ask away. A select few do it to brag but I think the concept is a very good idea overall.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should post a list of current and former women that we have "owned". :cool:

I couldn't do that accurately. The list would have some entries like "that girl with the brown hair" or "the one that left the scrunchie on my floor."

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald has a point. In fact, "stugots" sent me a PM last year asking about my S2000, what I liked, disliked; as he had a friend interested in one. Since then I sold the car and added something different to the stable. Really does help when you are looking to get the skinny on another make and model vehicle...... :eek:

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me, the only "sold" cars that should ever be listed are previous Vipers. Otherwise, where does it end? Does anyone care that I once had a 89 Civic?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62