why'd you buy your snake??

RobH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why\'d you buy your snake??

I want to here some down to earth reasons as to why all of us gen III viper owners bought the 05/06 srt instead of waiting for the new zo6 to hatch. I want to put this story to bed once and for all. who cares, for god's sake, who beats who. both rides are balzing fast!! i bought the viper because i want individuality, and want to stand out from the crowd. you see vettes all day long, and the zo just doesn't have enough uniqueness from its little brother to set it apart. that would take another 15-20g's or exactly what we are paying for in our machines. why do you think dodge is keeping the price of the viper where it is??!!

so ya all... lets have it. what say you??? why did you buy your snake?? floor's all yours!!

btw... i drove from nj to fl on i95 and didn't see one bite. i do see a yellow one though on nj 287 going north from time to time with a blonde at the stick. who are you?? i'm married but just wondering how you like your ride, and of course why ya bought it ;)

OP
OP
R

RobH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: why\'d you buy your snake??

ahhhh... great answer. you win the $64,000 question. just think... with that extra cash you can go out and piss some more away!! oh... i'm a newbie but don't mind playing hard ball without a glove.

OP
OP
R

RobH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so was i. wanna switch hands now?????

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought mt 2005 Silver SRT 10 because I thought it was the greatest looking car I had ever seen, and I have owned some of the fastest and nicest cars ever made. I also had the added feature of 510 horsepower in a convertible at a price that was far below the GT, Ferraris, Lamborghinis Etc
with comparable or better performance. It was a win win
situation. Never been happier. Would not trade it for any other car.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Reasons: 500+ hp in a convertible body; if you want a modern day 427 cobra with a new car warranty, it's really the only option.

That and total, galactic **********.

/rich

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Power, handling, and looks!!! Plain and simple: the Vette does nothing for me. It does not excite me. I don't turn my head when I see one. But whenever I see a Viper, I look. Just like a beautiful woman. The Viper is the "Hot babe" and a Vette is a "housewife" of cars. You don't wanna know what a minivan is... ;)

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Impulse buy; actually the impulse just wouldn't go away. Almost bought a silver Mamba but the Commemorative Edition put an arrow through my heart. I don't think there are any "down to earth" reasons for buying a Viper. It's a passion thing.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ROBH you said it perfectly! Who the hell cares about the Z06. Hell it looks like all the other 10,000 corvettes out there.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't you mean 35,000? This year and another 35,000 next year and so on.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I bought mine for several reasons:

The SRT-10 is most thrilling low maintainence convertible in the world
(I did not want to have to pay for frequent big buck tune ups)

I love the performance: Acceleration, Braking, Cornering

3/36 Bumper to Bumper and 7/70 Powertrain Factory Warranties

I just LOVE the way the SRT-10 Looks

I love the look and feel of the interior

I love the look of the engine - it reminds me of a WW2 fighter plane engine

I love the factory side pipes (I have them on my '69 Corvette)

It has more than enough luggage space for cross country trips

It sounds great

It is quiet when cruising

I like the way it winks at me when I unlock the doors with the remote

I drive my car daily and have put 6100 miles on it since June 7th-I just am thrilled to own and enjoy it!!

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The design and the new "Copperhead" color were the elements that drew me into the the car. Oh, and the 500 HP was the icing on the cake.. :2tu: :usa:

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score

love the looks...curves... and you get :2tu: everytime you drive it.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I can honestly say it was a better buy than the Z06 i was wanting to buy. (I bought a used 03 with 4k miles on it) I'm still getting use to it.

also, I just turned 30 in June so I used that as an excuse for myself why i should cash out one of my cd's that i've worked my ass off to make grow.....
and
My kid thinks it really cool.......lol
That sums up my reasons

xyyman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here in the UK American cars generally are rare particularly Vipers, I can only remember seeing one ever on the roads outside of car club events. Ferraris and certainly Porsches are quite common here and C5 Corvettes are on the increase.

I bought my SRT 10 because I love the looks, the performance, its uniqueness and I wanted a convertible.

Phil

VTen555

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It was a Graduation Present....My daughter graduated college so I bought my self a present :cool:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was nothing before I bought the snake, but now...

wbexxon

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I bought mine because growing up I would read the mags and say "it must be nice to be able to own one of them". Well it is and my Copperhead is better looking than any vette I have seen. I had the paxton installed in case I run into a Z06. Besides say the words corVETTE viPER wich sounds meaner?

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I can honestly say it was a better buy than the Z06 i was wanting to buy. (I bought a used 03 with 4k miles on it) I'm still getting use to it.

also, I just turned 30 in June so I used that as an excuse for myself why i should cash out one of my cd's that i've worked my ass off to make grow.....
and
My kid thinks it really cool.......lol
That sums up my reasons

I didn't include the value element in my reason but I agree with you as well. Buying new my '04 was less money than a '06 Z06 if you figure the value GM puts on the STEEL framed convertible, let alone the the non existant Z06 convertible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21