Wicked Viper at the track.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a beautiful car. I heard it went 121 MPH. I know it would go faster if I were driving it.
bounce.gif

You must be registered for see images

I heard this guy is not like a typical Viper owner. I heard he is nice.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken (and I am not), that is a WS6 Trans Am in the left lane. The Viper beat it by a full two seconds and about 25 mph as I recall. I will have to check my timeslip to be sure. What I do know is that the Pontiac got very small very fast in the mirrors. I was pretty sure I was doing 200 mph at that point. Well, it felt like it anyway...
smile.gif

Cool photo - I wonder if the original is larger, as it sure would look good on a calendar... Thanks for the post!

Chris

PS. And that rumor of his niceness is way overrated...

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez Maybe the Viper owner should take one of those guys holding the fence up as ballast. Geez them thar guys gro big in them thar parts.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

OP
OP
P

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, I am not sure Norman really has a Viper. He talks about it but no one has ever seen it.

Secondly, he was not at the track. He is posting these pictures that a buddy of his took and posted on an fbody forum.

Third, he can't compete with Chris so he just stays home and dreams of the day he can hang with the big boys like our buddy Chris.

I will post another picture when I get home. Lack of broadband is irritating me. hahaha

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notice the Viper going AROUND the water/bleach pit in order to properly face The Mighty Honda. It was a close race, but I beat him. By about an hour.

Seriously, just about every one of these guys at this track are great. They are true CAR guys, no matter what they brought. Even Norman when he shows up in his Car of the Day.
smile.gif
What is sad is that they are trying to close down this track - the only one for 60 miles in any direction. Seems some new homeowners don't like the noise on Sunday afternoons. Lucky they didn't move by the airport, as it would have been a tougher battle to get that closed. The city council hearing is tomorrow night. If you would be interested in signing an online petition for the track, click here. If they can stay open, they are planning to repave the pad and track this year. Then just maybe I can post an 11-second time like I have seen in the magazines...
laugh.gif

Chris

PS. Which F-body forum Norman? Might be fun to read...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby - Midwest corn-fed Grade A beef. You should see the women!
laugh.gif

Gerald - Yep! I think it was 120.7 & 121.1 on the two runs I made this time around. I was pretty pleased. Now we are just waiting for DLM to finish up Gary's intercooled Gen I to see what THAT car does. I have this feeling that it might do 121 - in reverse!

Chris