Wideband help

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am working on installing an NGK Powerdex wideband. Got everything hooked up, and I am trying to calibrate the unit. Getting 8888 across the display, when it should say CAL or AIR. Any ideas? I am going to check power to the sensor now, but the damn thing is brand new!!!

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 of these for a while now. Both work very well. I take the WB sensors out every spring and do the re-cal procedure. They have never needed any adjustment.

I assume you have the WB hanging free in air with power applied to it (plugged into the AF meter). It needs to warm up for a couple minutes. It will get hot. If it's not hot, it's not powered up correctly.

Steve

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am working on installing an NGK Powerdex wideband. Got everything hooked up, and I am trying to calibrate the unit. Getting 8888 across the display, when it should say CAL or AIR. Any ideas? I am going to check power to the sensor now, but the damn thing is brand new!!!
you might need to disconnect the 02 sensor so it can recalibrate itself. start over and reset everything. double check your 02 sensor is recieving power also

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
double check your 02 sensor is recieving power also

Checking for power is good, but you could still have a bad sensor. The sensor should start getting warm to the touch in 10-15 seconds.

Also...you never want to leave an O2 sensor installed and not have power to it when the engine is running. It will likely be ruined.

Steve

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, figured it out. I have open headers right now, and I drove the car around the block, but the a/f stayed at 16. I think I will have to complete the exhaust before I can start getting any accurate readings.

Thanks for the input guys. My neighbors all hate me now more than before. Roe/Heads/Cam and open headers makes for a loud ride!

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, figured it out. I have open headers right now, and I drove the car around the block, but the a/f stayed at 16. I think I will have to complete the exhaust before I can start getting any accurate readings.

Thanks for the input guys. My neighbors all hate me now more than before. Roe/Heads/Cam and open headers makes for a loud ride!
wellllll yeah, you have to have at least 2ft of pipe after the 02 ****--minum

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks xmetal, the rest of the exhaust should be done in a few weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper