Wife of the Year thread...

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I just got married last Friday:omg:

We took a short trip (honeymoon) over the weekend to Council Bluffs, Iowa:lmao:

So I tell my wife, let's drive to Blair, NE... the world's largest Viper dealer is there, Woodhouse (she thought Woodhouse was a model of minivan:dunno:)

So we took off :drive: on the cold, snowy, 40 minute drive to Blair, NE to pay our respects to Mark Jorgenson and Bill Pemberton.

:eater::eater::eater::eater::eater::eater::eater::eater::eater:

We get to Blair, NE which is currently going thru a name change to Woodhouse Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Ford, Porsche, Ferrari, Buick, Chevy, Viper HQ. Blair, NE has 17 Woodhouse dealerships in a 6 block stretch. Every citizen of Blair, NE gets a new car from Woodhouse every year (all 73 of them):smirk:...

So an hour and a half into our 40 minute drive we finally find the holy grail of Viper dealers!!! I walk inside on the sly and ask around to see if Mr. Jorgenson or Mr. Pemberton were available. :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh: The guy says, you mean Jorgie? I said, yea, I think so.

They go to the back of the dealership and come back quickly saying that these guys don't work on Saturdays! :nono::cool::confused::crazy2: They have a separate warehouse where the keep the Vipers and that Bill is the only one who has a key! :2tu:

My hats off to Mark and Bill, let me know if you're hiring!!! I wanna work at a car dealership where I don't have to work on Saturdays:D

Long story long, they offered to call Bill or Mark but I explained that I was just there to kick tires so we turned around and left.

My wife never complained one time on the trip there or the return trip back!!! I proudly want to enter her into the wife of the year contest. :lmao:

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife and Mr. Mark seem to have been talking.

Things that make me go, hummmmm?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow what an awsome post!!!

I am actually GLAD to hear you didn't get through the screening of 'tire kickers' to see a Viper hahaa but bummed for you. Makes you feel good knowing just anyone doesn't go in their and test drive one.

You are a great writer, what do you do for a living?

Sounds like you have a wonderful wife too, Happy Holidays to both of you!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Us Nebraska folks are working on another tour of thier place in early spring or late winter for those who want to attend.

Bruce

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hid my first viper, from my wife for a month and when you find out, she didnt kill me. Thats deserves something.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mines damn good too.

The day we went to pick-up our new ACR she went to the hair salon and surprised me by having her hair dyed to match the drivers side strip. She even wore a red and black outfit.

Cool.

Greg

Attachments

• P1050046a.jpg
    P1050046a.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 187

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+ rep to fireballs wife.

id nominate my girl but it wouldn't be anything car related.... :)

OP
OP
S

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow what an awsome post!!!

I am actually GLAD to hear you didn't get through the screening of 'tire kickers' to see a Viper hahaa but bummed for you. Makes you feel good knowing just anyone doesn't go in their and test drive one.

You are a great writer, what do you do for a living?

Sounds like you have a wonderful wife too, Happy Holidays to both of you!

Thanks Leslie! I'm looking for work but my background is in Construction Engineering>

OP
OP
S

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mines damn good too.

The day we went to pick-up our new ACR she went to the hair salon and surprised me by having her hair dyed to match the drivers side strip. She even wore a red and black outfit.

Cool.

Greg

Greg - my hats off to you!!! :headbang::headbang:

OP
OP
S

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and Mr. Mark seem to have been talking.

Things that make me go, hummmmm?

Catwood - the only reason I think I was able to get my girl to go is that she got to ride shotgun in Jorgy's car around Heartland Park... If they've been talking I'd leave it alone for now, I don't know about you but Jorgy is a big dude:) and I don't want no trouble when we're running circles around the next course...:lmao:

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
she hasn't said anything YET. It is too early!
Just wait a year or two ... eventually, she will bring it up :D

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now THAT is Viper love!

very kewl:2tu:

Mines damn good too.

Cool.

Greg

Reaction score
Catwood - the only reason I think I was able to get my girl to go is that she got to ride shotgun in Jorgy's car around Heartland Park... If they've been talking I'd leave it alone for now, I don't know about you but Jorgy is a big dude:) and I don't want no trouble when we're running circles around the next course...:lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::headbang:

Dude wish I could of seen you guys and congrats on hitching up! :D You are a lucky man for sure, although she probably doesn't let you drive much anymore :lmao:

By the way I DO work Saturdays (and Sundays) you were just looking in the wrong place :rolaugh:, you can always call my cell if you are coming over this way again and I will for sure make an effort to meet up here or anywhere else you two show up. All my customers are welcome at my house when I work on Saturday or Sunday and many have taken me up on this so stop by and have a beer on the weekends! :2tu:

Congratulations again to the both of you live long and prosper:headbang:

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife gladly let me by my Viper. Now everytime she wants something she hangs it over my head.

That is OK, she is getting a new house next week.

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:confused:

...and I was leaning forward in my seat waiting for the part where you said she let you pick one & take it home...
:smirk:

...oh well. I think I'll reserve my vote for my wife. After the deal fell through for the A/C Cobra, she pushed me out of my funk & insisted I get the Viper.
I LOVE this Woman!
:hug2:

Reaction score
My wife Julie is a true "princess", BUT when spring rolls around she will tell you there is nothing better than the smell of new tires in the garage! :2tu:

That my friends is a keeper. :D

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife wins (at least in my eyes). When I was out of state negotiating the deal for my Viper, I was on the phone with her discussing how much lower we might be able to go, etc. After about 3 hours of negotiations with the dealer, I told my wife what the final figure was going to be.

I hadn't even signed the final sales contract when she called me back to inform me that she had already completed the wire transfer to the dealer:)

Sales manager was shocked asked if my wife had any available sisters!!

Cheers,
George

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote "We get to Blair, NE which is currently going thru a name change to Woodhouse Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Ford, Porsche, Ferrari, Buick, Chevy, Viper HQ. Blair, NE has 17 Woodhouse dealerships in a 6 block stretch. Every citizen of Blair, NE gets a new car from Woodhouse every year (all 73 of them):smirk:..."

Yah, probably one of the perkes senator Nelson got from Obizzle. Be sure to thank us taxpayers, ha ha:).

Anyway I digress. I vote for my wife. Told her I would sure like to have an ACR-X added to the stable but don't have the room. She said go ahead, you'll figure it out! I'm so tempted.

joedud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Port Orange, FL (just below Daytona Beach)
My wife insisted I get a Viper and not a less expensive Corvette. She said I earned it, deserved it and needed to drive it as much as possible to make up for all the years I drove SUVs for the family's sake. The only question she asked was, "Is it as fast as a Corvette?" "Uh, yeah, no problem there."

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mines damn good too.

Cool.

Greg

Tell her if she really cared she would have gotten a red contact lens for her left eye:D

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice post here for us married guys with women thal like cool cars. I remember back in 04 I took my wife to the Dodge dealer in town. I told her I had to show her this very cool car in the showroom. We walked in and there was this very nice 04 black vert. I knew she liked it (who wouldn't) We left the show room and she told me if I wanted it to buy it. I love that kind of approval. I did it with no regrets. We love to go for drives and enjoy the great country roads. Now heres the funny part every time I buy something for the car she buys something for her feet.......... Prada. I guess its a fair trade.
She has kept me a very happy man for the last 50 years.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth be told - any wife that supports a Viper habit is a keeper!

If you're married - and here - you've done pretty darn good in my book.

Greg

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is a human whisperer. The following story illustrates this. In 1999, my first Viper was delivered to the house. The Mrs. looked out the front door and said: "Cool". A few months later she said: " I know you love the car but I would feel more comfortable if you also had something to drive that was a little more visible on the road like that cute truck we looked at recently." I said: "OK. I will buy the truck." It was a 2000 Ford Lightning. I still have it. It's slightly modded. The "cute truck" has 430 HP/530TQ at the flywheel.

Last edited:

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper067 WILL be posting about why he has a Viper... or he and I will have a chat about getting work done on the house BEFORE the brakes and door poppers get installed on the car next week....