Will 315's fit on the front?

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will 315\'s fit on the front?

Hello all,
I have a pair of 315's I want to run on the front of my 94 RT/10.
Will they fit ok, or will they rub?
Just wanted to know before I go and make a mistake by mounting them.
Thanks in advance,
Scott

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Will 315\'s fit on the front?

That is stretching it pretty far for 10" rims. Some have gone as far as 295's. Folks run 315's on Purners 11" rims. What type of 315's do you have? MXX3's? Pilot Sports? Racing tires?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have 3.15 30 X 18's (Pilots & hard to find)on the front of a 94 RT10. They are mountd on 11" Purner rims. They do not rub while driving. There is a minor rub when you go to full lock when parking or manuvering.

racewheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score

jack they are 325's on 11.5, the 18's offer more room than the 17's (only go 11 wide on the wheel for the street in 17")jp

OP
OP
S

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I forgot to mention that the tires are 315 35 ZR 17 Michelin Sport XGT Plus, and I would like to mount them on stock 94 RT/10 rims. Is this do-able?
Thanks ,
Scott

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

They will fit up front.......but carefully watch your temps / pressures across the face of the tire. The narrower front rim squeezes the beads 1" closer than optimum.

I have run 315s on both a GenI and GenII with good results, but a LOT of crud gets thrown up on sills/doors/rear fenders

JonB

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, that is do-able. A 315/17 on a 10" stock rim is being used in road course and auto-cross. The tire will have some center crown as it gets a bit crowded on that rim. The benefit is it will take away much of the understeer in the car and due to the larger diameter you will gain better front/rear brake balance. The take away is the slot car feeling of the steering. That much tire on that rim makes for a little lateral movement under corner load. Call Dean Word for further info.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You'll get much better results mounting them on 11's, would you want to run your rear meats on a 12' rim? Purner's have already been mentioned, they are tried and true. Also those wheels Muzzy sells that Wing King has are very sharp and can be color coordinated with your car.