Will 6.5 inch speakers fit in the doors?

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning on replacing my door speakers with some JL components I have sitting around but the stock size is 5.25. will theses fit? They have small magnets and I could make brackets.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should fit. Why don't you just remove one of the speakers in the door and match up the screw holes to your new ones?

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i put an insane stereo in my car a few years ago. didnt hack anything up either. The main thing you need to worry about with the speaker is the depth of the magnet. make sure it doesnt go so far into the door that it obstructs anything internal... if it did, a shop or a good home fabricator could make a spacer to allow for sufficient clearence. good luck and dont go half asp with what you buy.

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mistake they are not JL's they are MB Quarts premiums.

I am going to attempt to make a 1/4 in ring for mounting I believe I have the clearance throught the door skin grills.
Thanks for the help

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that'll work. i took chose the quarts. nice move. they sound great but love to get plenty of power tossed into them. what are you planning on using.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if you didnt get the amp yet, may I make a suggestion to you? dont go alpine for the amp! they ****. and if you get a small 4 channel and bridge it into a 2 channel it will most likely run warm to hot. and then what would you use to run the other speakers in your viper? i would go with a good strong 2 channel rather than turn the 4 into a 2. my choice is jl for the amp. going with a 300/2 would blow the heck out of those mb quarts and is small enough to wedge in the factory opening i believe. if you need an amp with more channels to run other speakers go with a jl series with a 4 or 5 channel piece. you will need to get creative on where you mount it because they get too large for the factory location but it can be done quite nicely with some good thought. I DID! and I used a surf board styled 5 channel jl amp on my gts project and it thumps serious sound!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you also can not go wrong with most any amp made in the (are you sittin down, ) the usa. believe it or not we still make a few things better than our foreign competion does.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
532JL_amp.JPG

I like the JL 500/5. I put it behind the passenger seat with a bracket hooked to the bumper screws.